Carnival fascination sept 24th 2017

Cruise4me1978

ANYONE ELSE out there set to sail on this ship sept 24??

We have booked to leave San Juan

And apparently at least st Thomas and st marten ports will be a no go ..

As of now I'm not seeing any change in the itinerary..but from all this devistation

How can this be a good cruise ??

Carnival is telling me if I am to cancel I will lose all my money .. and I DIDNT GET PROTECTION INS errrr

I never realized when booking that this was hurricane season in that area as we always did cruises in feb-march and the other side .. you would think with all this mess they would at least let us RESCHEDULE or future credit.???. how are these ports susspose to be enjoyable food is limited ,people are looting ,water is low .. the reason we cruise is to go to the islands ... im so FRUSTRATED and don't want to lose my money ... but I don't want to go to places that I can't enjoy .

I haven't booked flights yet either

I'm also on the 10/1 sailing and I'm super excited! The islands they will take us to weren't hit like St Thomas and St Martin. I'm just waiting for an official statement about the new stops so I can book excursions. It'll be a great cruise, don't stress!

Hi Cruise4me1978 I'm sort of in the same boat as you. I'm sailing on the Magic on 9/24 and didn't buy any insurance. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. Our itinerary is Bahamas, Amber Cove, and Grand Turk. I wouldn't be surprised if they changed the itinerary but we plan to make the best of whatever happens. At the end of the day, it's a week away from our jobs :)

I'm also on the 10/1 sailing and I'm super excited! The islands they will take us to weren't hit like St Thomas and St Martin. I'm just waiting for an official statement about the new stops so I can book excursions. It'll be a great cruise, don't stress!

Me, too! I've already picked out what I want to do on these new stops.

If I ever get power back at my house, I'll start packing for vacation.

I can't imagine not having air booked for a cruise in less than 2 weeks, but that's just me.

Me, too! I've already picked out what I want to do on these new stops.

If I ever get power back at my house, I'll start packing for vacation.

I can't imagine not having air booked for a cruise in less than 2 weeks, but that's just me.

I've got mine all picked out too! The only issue I have is we have private excursions booked for all of the other islands. For St Martin I've only paid a $50 deposit with Captain Bob so I'm not going to ask for that money back. Our excursion in St Thomas was expensive and we've paid in full. I'm dreading calling to cancel but I think we've decided to make a donation with some of the refund. I feel horrible getting the refund at all but we cruise on a budget unfortunately. My other excursions seem like they can be flexible with the dates once we get them.

I am on the Fascination now & will be on here when you board on the 24th [doing b2b2b]. Lovin' the new itinerary ! Dominica iis beautiful. We have Antigua tomorrow & I really like that place. St kitts the next day and they have a very nice port. See ya onboard ! :cool:

Hi Cruise4me1978 I'm sort of in the same boat as you. I'm sailing on the Magic on 9/24 and didn't buy any insurance. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. Our itinerary is Bahamas, Amber Cove, and Grand Turk. I wouldn't be surprised if they changed the itinerary but we plan to make the best of whatever happens. At the end of the day, it's a week away from our jobs :)

All three of your ports are open and receiving ships. :)

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

We are sailing Oct 1 too. Hoping for good port replacements for St. Thomas and St. Maarten. I wouldn't mind extra sea days either!

Anyone get a rescheduled itainary yet ??

I haven't booked tickets still

As I'm really not wanting to go right now

And if we have to have a extra sea day then we will miss our flight back ..

Errrrr

Never booking in the fall again ...

I know the weather issues can be frustrating but there are great values this time of year - I am blessed to be on the Fascination now for the 2nd leg of a b2b2b. Our itinerary has us steaming South on a sea day tomorrow - to get away from the next hurricane . Then Grenada, Barbados,St Lucia, Antigua & St kitts.

Our itinerary for the 24th may have Dominica instead of Grenada, depending on what the successor hurricane does.

See ya onboard ! :cool:

I know the weather issues can be frustrating but there are great values this time of year - I am blessed to be on the Fascination now for the 2nd leg of a b2b2b. Our itinerary has us steaming South on a sea day tomorrow - to get away from the next hurricane . Then Grenada, Barbados,St Lucia, Antigua & St kitts.

Our itinerary for the 24th may have Dominica instead of Grenada, depending on what the successor hurricane does.

Aaaannnddddd, time to start researching Grenada... I was only going to get the social internet plan but I think I may get the Value plan so that I can have access to email. I have private excursions booked on every island and all of the operators have been great at allowing changes as long as I let them know.

Aaaannnddddd, time to start researching Grenada... I was only going to get the social internet plan but I think I may get the Value plan so that I can have access to email. I have private excursions booked on every island and all of the operators have been great at allowing changes as long as I let them know.

Have anyone received their new itinary ??

For sept 24 th cruise on the fascination

Tell me more about the "private" exclusions"? How do you book those? Thanks!

Errrrr

What the poster meant by an extra sea day is if they just cancel a port and stay at sea instead. You will still have a 7 day cruise, unless another huricane keeps you out to sea and can't get back to your port.

Tell me more about the "private" exclusions"? How do you book those? Thanks!

Private may not have been the right word. I just meant I am doing excursions that are not booked thru Carnival. Most of the tours I found by reading the individual port boards.

thanks for the info. how is the islands and beaches? are the people doing ok with all that is going on. how is the passengers taking all of the ports.

btw how do you do a 3 b2b cruise. that has got to be intense.

Errrrr

Received new itinerary yesterday ... Sep 30th Carnival Splendor 8 day Eastern Carib (St. Martin, St. Kitts, San Juan, Grand Turk) is now an 8 day West carib (Princess Cay, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Cozumel). We have ZERO recourse. A western carib cruise is actually cheaper than what we paid for. No refunds coming. It is an act of God and I get it that the cruise line has no control of that but to make such an extreme change... at least give us the option to rebook another time.

These ports will all be jammed with cruise ship passengers...I will be fine (bringing a really long big book)

Never again.

There is no electricity or water on Puerto Rico...we are suppose to sail December 3, 2017 on the Fascination but it just doesn't look good. My heart goes out the the people on the islands. Unless a hotel has a generator no electric in any hotels. I have heard that San JUan will get power back before anywhere in PR being the Capital.

Yes we are Spose to fly to San Juan tomorrow and stay for 2 nights before we go on the cruise on Sunday .. but we have received nothing on the itinerary change and if I cancel tomorrow we will only get the port fees back .. so I am hoping that carnival cancels so we get all our money back,,, but we only have until 2 pm tomorrow to cancel and if I cancel I get port fees back and if I don't cancel and carnival doesn't cancel I GET NOTHING BACK .. this is my 5 th cruise with carnival and up until now I was very happy with the service but I can't believe they won't Refund us or give us a credit for future ...

Yes we are Spose to fly to San Juan tomorrow and stay for 2 nights before we go on the cruise on Sunday .. but we have received nothing on the itinerary change and if I cancel tomorrow we will only get the port fees back .. so I am hoping that carnival cancels so we get all our money back,,, but we only have until 2 pm tomorrow to cancel and if I cancel I get port fees back and if I don't cancel and carnival doesn't cancel I GET NOTHING BACK .. this is my 5 th cruise with carnival and up until now I was very happy with the service but I can't believe they won't Refund us or give us a credit for future ...

It's sad for the people in PR but Carnival needs to let people know what to do as far as the upcoming sailings out of San Juan. Me and my sister have the travel insurance from Carnival and for our airfare. We were flying in on Dec 1, 2017 2 days before our cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You need to back up and take a deep breath. With no power and water, planes will not be landing at the international airport in PR. Even if the runway is clear. Your hotel will not be accepting guests. If the Fascination manages to dock, I would bet they will only debark those who live in PR. They are probably madly looking for another port to debark the others and help arrange flights home for them. EM

I agree with Essiesmom, I just don't see how Carnival is going to fly tourists in tomorrow and this weekend. I would sure hope that Carnival makes their decision soon.

We are doing this same cruise but 12/3/17 and while we gave travel insurance and airfare insurance we will decide in October to try and swap for another cruise the same price. Will try and come back in a year or do they will need time to rebuild.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums