check in times

kdpatte

So it has been almost 3 years since we have cruised on Carnival. So from what I am reading there are now assigned check in times? So even if we show up early to the port we will not be able to enter the terminal or get on the ship until our scheduled time? And the only way to change that is to purchase FTTF? And what happens if you are traveling with another family? Our reservations are linked so we be assigned the same time? And when do we find out our scheduled time?

Hi,

Go into your reservation and there should be a place to choose the check in time. I think it is part of filling out your info .

Be aware that "check in time" is not the same as "boarding time".

You will not be allowed into the terminal before your check in time unless you are platinum or higher or have a suite or buy FTTF.

That time is when you can enter and check in for the cruise.

You will still have to wait for your turn to board the ship.

You will each need to select your own check in times. Having your bookings linked are irrelevant for this portion. No, you will not be allowed into the terminal before your check in time unless you are Diamond/Platinum/FTTF/Suite/Take a Carnival transfer to the port.

It will be in your online check in. If you don't see it, it may be too early. Keep checking.

Ok so now I have 2 more questions. And maybe I am worrying about this way too far in advance. But do you have to be PAID IN FULL to be able to schedule a time? I have done all of my other checkin tasks. And I can see where it says to pick a check in time....but the drop down then has no options. If I pay my bill off will the option then come up? And is this one of those things where the earlier you do it the earlier time slot you may get? Or maybe more time slot options? Gosh that was more than 2 more questions sorry.....

No you do not have to paid in full to select your slot.

The time slots become available when Carnival makes them available. If there are no choices under your drop down you will have to wait and keep checking back. "When" they open up, varies by ship and sail date and there is no set rule on this.

Once they do become available, all time slots will show and you can select the one you want. Since they are first come, first served when a time slot fills up, it will no longer be available. They do not reopen time slots or add more as they go. It is best to try to get yours as soon as possible to assure you will not have to wait somewhere.

Once you see them available, you will want to select yours and make sure you contact the other party and have them do it at the same time. You can select a time slot earlier or right up to the time you actually want to enter, as you can come after your selected time, but not before.

What is FTTF and what all does it include?

Faster to the Fun is something you can buy on line in your booking. It includes priority check in and boarding time as well as access to a special area for customer care onboard the ship during the cruise (without waiting in long normal line), and I think maybe it is supposed to get your luggage to your room faster too....It can be found in the excursion tab and you only need to buy one per room (not per person) to cover all those traveling in your stateroom.

This means you can enter the terminal for check in whenever you arrive (as long as they have started allowing access for everyone). Also, you will be allowed to board after Weddings/Diamond/Platinum and before general boarding for everyone else.

I think there may be a few other perks others can elaborate on as I have never bought it (Platinum and don't need it ;))

PS this is also first come first served.... and there are a limited allotment for sale.

Edited by wemjam

Adding to what wemjam posted: FTTF is capacity Limited and some of the benefits are shared with the top tiers of frequent cruisers, so it is not offered until the cruise line has some idea of how many top tier frequent cruisers will book the cruise.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Adding to what wemjam posted: FTTF is capacity Limited and some of the benefits are shared with the top tiers of frequent cruisers, so it is not offered until the cruise line has some idea of how many top tier frequent cruisers will book the cruise.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

It is initially offered as soon as excursions are opened and is usually the first one that shows up for booking before others. However, once the first batch are sold (whatever that number is, it seems to vary), then they do release more as time draws nearer depending on the amount of Diamond/Platinum cruisers.

Faster to the Fun is something you can buy on line in your booking. It includes priority check in and boarding time as well as access to a special area for customer care onboard the ship during the cruise (without waiting in long normal line), and I think maybe it is supposed to get your luggage to your room faster too....It can be found in the excursion tab and you only need to buy one per room (not per person) to cover all those traveling in your stateroom.

This means you can enter the terminal for check in whenever you arrive (as long as they have started allowing access for everyone). Also, you will be allowed to board after Weddings/Diamond/Platinum and before general boarding for everyone else.

I think there may be a few other perks others can elaborate on as I have never bought it (Platinum and don't need it ;))

PS this is also first come first served.... and there are a limited allotment for sale.

Dang it! :o Just went to carnival excursion section. I guess we lucked out this cruise on FTTF it's not available. Wish I knew sooner

Dang it! :o Just went to carnival excursion section. I guess we lucked out this cruise on FTTF it's not available. Wish I knew sooner

Don't give up just yet. As previously mentioned they may release more of these for purchase. You just need to keep checking back. :D

I cannot find on my reservation the "check in" box. I filled out all my online check in reservation and it never showed up. What am I doing wrong? Never had this happen before.

If the check-in time isn't an option it may not be open yet. For instance my cruise I just got back from...I booked in Feb..but check-in times weren't available until a month or two later.