Vow Renewal in Italy

Hello! My husband and I booked a Mediterranean cruise in Sept. 2018 for our 10 year anniversary and would like to renew our vows. We have decided to do it in port at one of our stops in Italy (La Spezia (Florence/Pisa), Civitavecchia (Rome), or Naples (Capri). Has anyone ever done a wedding or vow renewal in one of these locations? We obviously need a full service company to arrange everything so we can just show up and get it done! Thanks for any ideas or leads!

Getting legally married in Italy is difficult, so you probably won't get many people here who have managed that.

Suggest you visit the appropriate forum on TripAdvisor.com and ask about vow renewals. I personally would choose Capri.

• 4 months later...

I wish I had suggestions for you relevant to your destination, but unfortunately, don't. That being said, keep in mind that doing an event in port is risky on the off chance the ship doesn't end up going to the port, or changes the date/time. There are a lot of things that can affect the final itinerary. So, if you invest in a venue and services at a port, be sure to have insurance coverage (assuming such a plan is available).

As much as I wanted to have our upcoming vow renewal for our 25th in Cabo, I opted to do the ship version instead. No stress this way. We are sailing on Princess, because they offer a really nice option for about $225, and the post event party can be dinner in the MDR, or a specialty restaurant (that's what we chose). We may do a photo shoot in Cabo, as I have two dresses and can't decide which to wear.