After Irma - Hotels -Miami after Irma

tbmrt

We made it unscathed through Irma here, North of Tampa.

Then waited a few days to find out if our cruise this weekend from Miami would still occur. Finally found out that it would.

Next step yesterday was to reconfirm our Bonita Springs hotel for Friday night before the cruise. Hotel not answering and area according to social media was very flooded and hard hit by Irma.

Decided to drive to Miami Friday and stay there the night before our cruise. Literally spent 1.75 hours on the phone trying to verify that hotels were operable. Couldn't just book online since we weren't sure what damage the hotels endured with Irma. Managed to get a hotel, but still a bit skeptical of what we will find in the area. Rep at the hotel said they were fine, but website showed them starting to rent rooms Saturday, not Friday, when we'll arrive.

Next task is traffic to Miami Friday since many evacuees will also be returning and getting gas along the way.

All of the above were unpleasant and stressful to deal with, but since we are safe and our home is fine, I'm so thankful.

If anyone reading this is already in a Miami hotel near the cruiseport, I'd appreciate your input on what is happening.

Keep trying to get through to the hotels. Residents of one of the building near where the crane fell were moved into local hotels yesterday.

People from Naples are also coming over here to stay in hotels since they have such issues over there.

I can confirm that the JW Marriott on Brickell is open. East Hotel on Brickell must be open because my son went to work at his law firm at Brickell Citi Centre today.

And Keith, you will be very happy to know that Perricones was open yesterday!

Hotels are pretty booked as those without power are desperately looking for places to stay. Generally speaking, a lot of areas are coming back online quickly and if you try hard enough I'm sure you can find a hotel in South Florida. It just may not be easy. Understand that power went down and is coming up quickly, but utilities, internet, phone, etc... took an equally bad hit and tons of areas are still not back up yet. Which naturally makes it hard to call!

How about Hampton Inn Brickell? Thanks.

I have a broken ankle and can't walk over to see it, but Batch Gastropub is open that's at the bottom of it so they should have zero issues. The storm surge didn't get to South Miami Ave and I don't think they even lost power.

I have a broken ankle and can't walk over to see it, but Batch Gastropub is open that's at the bottom of it so they should have zero issues. The storm surge didn't get to South Miami Ave and I don't think they even lost power.

Thank you so much!! I hope your ankle heals quickly. I cannot imagine falling (or whatever) and knowing my ankle was broken! I'm always careful right before a cruise not to get on a ladder!

Thank you so much!! I hope your ankle heals quickly. I cannot imagine falling (or whatever) and knowing my ankle was broken! I'm always careful right before a cruise not to get on a ladder!

I broke it last week 3 days before we had to evacuate!

Your hotel is open!

I broke it last week 3 days before we had to evacuate!

Your hotel is open!

Bless, I trust being in a leg cast or bootie in this heat is unbearable! I broke my wrist in August 2004, when Hurricanes Frances and Jeanne hit, and I was miserable in this heat with a full arm cast for 6 weeks.