Booking Havana Cabin on Vista

vacation44

To elaborate on the previous post, just do what is known as a "mock booking".

Go to Carnival.com and go through the steps as if you were actually going to book a cruise. Select the Carnival Vista, and whatever sail date you think you might be interested in. Follow the booking process just like you were actually going to book a cruise... but, of course, do not continue to the point where you are asked for your personal information such as name, address, and payment information.

The actual pricing will show up once you pick a specific ship, date, and cabin. You can then back up a step or two, change the cabin category or deck number, and see how that changes the pricing.

Experienced cruisers do this all the time, to see what the real pricing is, to verify whether one of Carnival's "sails" really offers any better pricing than what the price was previously, and to see what it would cost to cruise at various different times of the year or in various different cabin categories.

We are booked in a Havana Cabana Suite on June 10,2018. $5278

I'd just like to comment on tlbutler33's post...

I'm sure some people were a little shocked at the $5278 price for a Havana Suite!

Be aware that they are referring to a Havana SUITE, not a regular Havana Cabana stateroom.

The Havana suites are actually the most expensive cabins on the entire ship!

In fact, they are more expensive than some much larger suites elsewhere on the ship!

The reason the Havana suites are so expensive has a lot to do with supply and demand.

There are only four of them on the entire ship.

And the reason that they are more expensive than some larger suites elsewhere on the ship is because they are one of only about 60 cabins that have access to the Havana pool area during the day.

Havana suites are larger than Havana Cabanas, and also have a swinging/hanging chair on the balcony.

Another thing about the $5278 price that tlbutler33 mentioned... they are cruising in June, and that's one of the times of the year when cruise prices are at their highest. By comparison, we will be in a Havana suite next week, and it only cost us $3689. So, that's a good example of the difference in pricing between cruising in the summer, and cruising during hurricane season.

Also, it appears that the popularity of the Havana cabins has really started to push pricing higher. I did a mock booking for our $3689 suite for the same date one year from now, and the price has shot up to approximately $6000! I booked mine two years ago, before Carnival fully realized how much they would be able to demand for these suites.

I'm sure some people were a little shocked at the $5278 price for a Havana Suite!

Be aware that they are referring to a Havana SUITE, not a regular Havana Cabana stateroom.

In fact, they are more expensive than some much larger suites elsewhere on the ship!

The reason the Havana suites are so expensive has a lot to do with supply and demand.

And the reason that they are more expensive than some larger suites elsewhere on the ship is because they are one of only about 60 cabins that have access to the Havana pool area during the day.

Havana suites are larger than Havana Cabanas, and also have a swinging/hanging chair on the balcony.

Another thing about the $5278 price that tlbutler33 mentioned... they are cruising in June, and that's one of the times of the year when cruise prices are at their highest. By comparison, we will be in a Havana suite next week, and it only cost us $3689. So, that's a good example of the difference in pricing between cruising in the summer, and cruising during hurricane season.

Also, it appears that the popularity of the Havana cabins has really started to push pricing higher. I did a mock booking for our $3689 suite for the same date one year from now, and the price has shot up to approximately $6000! I booked mine two years ago, before Carnival fully realized how much they would be able to demand for these suites.

3 of the 4 are already booked for my cruise....

They also have a big walk in shower with a rain head shower and sprayer. Considering that I am 6ft 4 and 300lbs, the regular cabin showers just don't work for me....

The Havana Cabanas also have swings on the Balconies. I agree that the prices have gone way up. We had a Havana Aft Balcony in March for Spring Break and it cost $2577.00 for 2 before gratuities. I personally wouldn’t spend the extra for the “Suite” because Carnival really doesn’t give any extra special Suite perks. But I would definitely stay in a Havana cabin of some sort, even an inside for access to the area.

We are booked into a couple of Havana Cabins on October 7th (not sure where we're going now but who cares?) and we booked these when the Vista was brand new and just started booking out. Our Cabins were $2347 for the Havana Cabana Balconies and $1600 for the Havana Interior. Last I saw any open up the same cabins on the same date were now $4700 & $2700 for double occupancy. Really looking forward to it!

We are thinking of sailing the Vista next June and are interested in a Havana cabin. I am having trouble finding pricing. Is there any pricing options onine or do you have to call? Typically, how much more is it for a balcony cabin?

They go very fast.