Ecstacy Sept 20, How rocky is this ride going to be?

Tennessee cruiser 66

The Ecstacy is a small boat, so you will feel more motion regardless of the weather. Based on José, it looks like it will be a bumpy ride, but the captain will try to navigate from it. Our first cruise was on the Fantasy (sister ship) from Charleston and it was very rockery during October weather. I would advise just to bring anything to help/prevent seasickness. It doesn't bother me, but it may for some.

Enjoy!!

I have been watching the weather and Carnival site for days, no cancellation yet. Has anyone cruised at a time like this???? If so, how rough is this ride going to be? I am taking my 74 year old mother, her first cruise.

Not a good time for her first cruise.

Just got off the Ecstasy this morning, hubby and I's first cruise.

It's REALLY bumpy, rocky, dizzy... I handled it pretty well, and was still able to drink/have fun, but my husband was sick all 5 days and spent almost the whole time in bed. We definitely wasted the Cheers package on him at least. He wasn't the only one either.

The worst thing is that the Lido food stations are in the very back of the ship, and the motion is so much worse there. Makes you lose your appetite sometimes.

I recommend using the dining room for as many meals as possible because of that. Also make sure you grip stairway railings well so you don't lose your balance.

Good luck!

We just got off the Ecstacy this morning too. It was a rough ride the entire time. The ship was like a slow roller coaster that never stopped. Everyone was staggering, holding onto whatever they could just to keep from falling. People fell down, they were sick, plates were breaking, food flying. It was frustrating. You couldn't even walk at all without feeling like you were going to fall. I'm glad I didn't have an older person with me. I hope your cruise is better than ours was. :(