Pride 9/24 arrival times

njek153

Hi,

We have 2 staterooms booked for the Pride leaving 9/24 and the online check in didn't save our times so now we are stuck with 3 pm arrival time. My mom has wheelchair assist so Carnival said she can be checked in anytime she arrives once a wheelchair is available. Our hotel shuttle is dropping everyone off at 10:30 am -- anyone had experiences when they allowed the 2nd stateroom to board with the wheelchair assist? Or they didn't make you leave until your designated arrival time? Just trying to anticipate the day and hoping we can all board at once to get settled.

Thanks!

First I would make sure your bookings are linked. I know this is before CCL had staggered check-in times but in 2005 my in-laws cruised with us and we had separate staterooms. My mother-in-law was in a wheel chair and they let all of us board the ship together before allowing the rest of the guests to start boarding. So you may have a chance if your bookings are linked and your arrive together. But it truly depends on the land based staff at the pier.

Good luck and have fun!

With the Pride arriving between 9-10 am the port will turn you away handicap or not, so you may want to contact the hotel about other shuttle options. Additionally the Port of Baltimore no longer give blanket priority to the handicap, they also must wait till nearly their scheduled check-in times, this is per port authority personnel, not a Carnival policy so it doesn't matter what Carnival says unless Carnival edits your mother's boarding pass to reflect that it is now Priority.

The Pride has only 4 wheel chairs for crew assisted boarding. If there are many mobility challenged passengers that did not bring their own private wheelchair, scooter, or walker, the wait can be extensively long for 1 of those wheelchairs even if a rental one is waiting in the cabin.

Even if the terminal personnel take pity on your mom letting her in early, they will only allow 1 adult "caretaker" to check-in with her and any minors assigned to her cabin. Their handicap waiting area is quite small, so all other able bodied adults even in the same cabin or on a linked booking will not check-in with her nor wait in the handicap area, unless it is later in the day when most other passengers are boarding immediately upon completion of check-in.