time for new bedside lamps?

Out of Iowa

Eek, those cone-shaped lamps that are part of the nightstands are hideous! What era did they debut? It's time they are replaced by something more modern, more stylish, smaller and more energy efficient.

The best use I have found for them is parking my lanyard while I sleep.

Does anyone else agree that the lamps are hideous?

I agree those cone-shaped things are so out of date, but then Carnival is a budget line which means ships are refurbished at the bare minimum from a time perspective, and when they are refurbished, only the bare minimum is accomplished.

Many of Carnival's ships are furbished in 70's décor and colors, and I agree it ain't pretty, but it does offer good value when it comes to booking! You get what you pay for. I think there are other Carnival cruisers also beginning to think it's time to find a better match when it comes to a cruise company. The gap between the haves and the have nots continues to widen in the U.S. and customers have to decide where they should land as times are changing. This story is much bigger than cruising.

They do the job they are supposed to do. Because they may be out of style: this is an extremely "small potatoes First World issue".

Their are those in the Caribbean, and probably will be even more in coming days, to have such lamps along with the electricity to power them.

Just my opinion, of course. Others are free to disagree.

I am happy to have two that work. You may think you don’t like them, but when you arrive and your cabin looks like this, you realize how precious they are and become “lamp blind”. You don’t care how ugly they are because they are beautiful to you. You know kind of like some people and their kids. Although I wouldn’t know anything about that - I make beautiful babies [emoji3].

71ce623a3a809fb5a87afed679fc1caf.jpg

I never have understood those lamps that look like pencils.

Perhaps they are meant to represent something nautical, but I don't know what.

I have had one that was soiled and I do notice things like that.

Hopefully they were not expensive because they look cheap.

And it would be an obviously inexpensive way to upgrade the décor.

The phone charger is of no interest to me, but I can see how it would be to some.