MSC Preziosa vs Costa Diadema

Wmp7

Does anyone have experience on both of these ships? If so, could you offer any insight into how the experience on both compares? Currently booked for Costa Diadema (Samsara Suite) for a Western Med trip, but have been entertaining cancelling to book with MSC (Yacht Club). One of the reasons I have not yet is that Costa offers an excursion from Savona to Monaco, while MSC does not go to Savona (and to my knowledge doesn't offer an excursion to Monaco from any of the stops on the March 4 2016 sailing...I would assume due to distance). I have heard, however, that many times excursions on Diadema are cancelled due to lack of participants, so it almost seems like a gamble to count on the excursion happening in the first place. Anyhow- back to topic- if anyone can speak to MSC vs Costa on this route, I would appreciate it!

Hi Wmp7

Without knowing where you are based and without knowing what you have paid, it is hard to answer.

Where does the Costa ship depart from?

For me, and assuming you depart from Italy and my being based in the UK, I would:- Budget Fly to Nice, get the train to Monaco and stay for on night in Monaco. I would then head off to Savona for my cruise. Savona and Genoa (that MSC sail to) are fairly close. That would then take away the worry of not docking at a must-see port.

We sailed on the Preziosa (normal balcony) last year. It is a fine ship and the shows - spectacular. We are sailing on its sister ship, in 2017, and will be partaking of the Yacht club for the first time.

We have not yet sailed with Costa. However, in a couple of wks we will be sailing on the Fortuna. Then in Nov, the Mediterranea. (AMAZING prices).

Also, for Feb 2016 we will be sailing a similar itinerary to yours? For us, as we will be embarking the Diadema in Barcelona, we will just do a day trip to Monaco. I think it is 2hrs there and 2hrs back!!

As stated above, cost is a factor. For the yacht club, in April, we got an amazing deal. Cruise only, easter holiday, £899 per adult and £109 for our child. For us that is a good deal and no way would we change it!!

Thank you for the reply; your comments are helpful. We are based in the US, and we are departing from Civitavecchia. The cost for the Yacht Club on MSC is more than the price of the Samsara suite on Costa. While we did entertain a day or overnight trip on our own to Monaco, we have very limited time before and after the cruise. I think at this point we may stick with the Costa booking and take a gamble on the excursion to Monte Carlo. I was hoping to gain some insight on the overall differences in level of service between the two lines, particularly anyone who has experienced both Samsara and Yacht Club to compare.