Costa Diadema feb8th 2016.anyone else or info

tysona

Hi we are travelling for the first time on Costa Diadema feb 8th 2016 from Barcelona.Iit looks great. is anyone else travelling or does anyone have information.

If anyone can help i would be most grateful

Cheers david x

Sorry if this is in wrong section

Edited by tysona
Spelling error

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

We sailed on the Diadema the first week in September & I loved it! I have no idea where the bad reviews come from....either people are too fussy or are just expecting something totally different? but if you read up on the ship beforehand you should know what to expect. It is a really lovely ship & I couldn't fault anything. Us British are in the minority but that just makes it more fun in my eyes! I have been on NCL & Royal Caribbean in the past, loved both & the Diadema is definitely just as good from my experience :) Loved it that much we are going again for Xmas :D if you have any questions about anything in particular let me know.

Gem

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

We sailed on the Diadema the first week in September & I loved it! I have no idea where the bad reviews come from....either people are too fussy or are just expecting something totally different? but if you read up on the ship beforehand you should know what to expect. It is a really lovely ship & I couldn't fault anything. Us British are in the minority but that just makes it more fun in my eyes! I have been on NCL & Royal Caribbean in the past, loved both & the Diadema is definitely just as good from my experience :) Loved it that much we are going again for Xmas :D if you have any questions about anything in particular let me know.

Gem

Sorry for the late reply.we have been away. Really glad to hear you enjoyed the cruise.we are looking forward to it and have an open mind so we are prepared for a new experience .i will post a review when we get back xx

Hi we are on the week before you from Barcelona, our 19th Costa cruise.

There is plenty of info on the Costa site about most things, the AI package is the best of all cruise lines we have used.

Just one minor point there are not many English only tours most are cancelled the day before, we now use a private tour Company after getting interested party's by joining several different Roll Calls.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there. My wife and I are traveling on the Diadema from Savona beginning 13 Feb 2016, so we'll partially overlap with Tysona above. My only gripe is that the ice cream and pizza aren't free. OTOH I think Costa's pricing is still so competitive relative to other cruise lines, I don't really mind paying for a pizza once in a while. And we're planning to purchase the AI beverage package, so the coffee issue is moot. We're really excited about our trip, we're celebrating the anniversary of our engagement. Any excursion recommendations would be really great.

Hi,

Gem

Hi Gem, I'm so glad to hear your positive reviews, because I keep hearing all th negatives. Can you provide information on the food, buffet and possibly extra costs for meals that I've heard of.

Shell

Hi,

Gem

Hi Gem, I'm so glad to hear your positive reviews, because I keep hearing all th negatives. Can you provide information on the food, buffet and possibly extra costs for meals that I've heard of.

Shell

• 2 months later...

Hi, 2nd time on Diadema sailing on Monday. Woohoo!

She's big. The food in MDR is not bad, lots of courses. We've been with Costa lots and have the option for Corina Blu in the evening which is any time. If you are not satisfied with your alloted dining time or table speak to the maitre D and they will allocate you a new table the next evening. They will seat you with English speakers if you want to share.

If you like cocktails the drinks package is a must. The speciality bars are not included in this. You can have most things on the drinks menu but premium brands are not included unless you go for the most expensive version which is a new option.

I have no idea why people moan about the lunch time buffet. There is a huge variety. Have a little walk along because they don't serve the same stuff at every counter. There are also burgers and hot dogs on the pool deck ends and they are not bad at all. Sauces available separately.Looks a little like Mcdonalds!

We have been on Magica, Fortuna, Deliziosa twice, NeoRomantica, Serena and Diadema.

We only eat in Costa Club because we get a freebie, It's not bad but not sure I would try it if I had too pay. The pizza in the pay restaurant looks quite nice and sounds reasonable. I think it's pizza, dessert and a drink for 4 euro. Never tried the Samsara restaurant.

Lots of ages on the ship. Varies from babies to very elderly!

Staff in general very good and mostly speak English. Had a few Eastern Europeans who spoke a little less but no issues. The Italian officers are rude beyond belief!

We love Costa. Our next one is end of April on NeoRivera from Istabul. Crossing fingers it won't be cancelled because of recent attacks.

Have a wonderful time!

Hi, 2nd time on Diadema sailing on Monday. Woohoo!

She's big. The food in MDR is not bad, lots of courses. We've been with Costa lots and have the option for Corina Blu in the evening which is any time. If you are not satisfied with your alloted dining time or table speak to the maitre D and they will allocate you a new table the next evening. They will seat you with English speakers if you want to share.

If you like cocktails the drinks package is a must. The speciality bars are not included in this. You can have most things on the drinks menu but premium brands are not included unless you go for the most expensive version which is a new option.

I have no idea why people moan about the lunch time buffet. There is a huge variety. Have a little walk along because they don't serve the same stuff at every counter. There are also burgers and hot dogs on the pool deck ends and they are not bad at all. Sauces available separately.Looks a little like Mcdonalds!

We have been on Magica, Fortuna, Deliziosa twice, NeoRomantica, Serena and Diadema.

We only eat in Costa Club because we get a freebie, It's not bad but not sure I would try it if I had too pay. The pizza in the pay restaurant looks quite nice and sounds reasonable. I think it's pizza, dessert and a drink for 4 euro. Never tried the Samsara restaurant.

Lots of ages on the ship. Varies from babies to very elderly!

Staff in general very good and mostly speak English. Had a few Eastern Europeans who spoke a little less but no issues. The Italian officers are rude beyond belief!

We love Costa. Our next one is end of April on NeoRivera from Istabul. Crossing fingers it won't be cancelled because of recent attacks.

Have a wonderful time!

Thanks for your feedback. We're traveling on the 13th and can't wait! One small correction, I think: our TA contacted Costa and was told that the specialty bars ARE included in the AI beverage package, but NOT specialty drinks. So if we want a standard drink or wine, and it's part of the Più Gusto package that we bought, it's included, even in the specialty bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi .thanks to those who have replied.we are sailing a week today .we are looking forward to the trip very much.

I am choosing to ignore the bad reviews as I feel they are moaning over minor issues .also this cruise is so cheap if its not great i wil forgive it. However this my mums first cruise at 77 years old so i hope its nice for her.

Dc guy maybe we will see you on board. Me my partner and my mum will be on board .enjoy your cruise !