No All-inclusive drinks packages on mini cruises??

tomlin

Hello,

I've been on a few Costa cruises ( the latest one was April 2014 ) and have always purchased the All inclusive drinks package, even for cruises of less than 7 days. I've recently booked a 5 night cruise for October this year and when I rang Costa to add the package to the booking they have said All inclusive is not available for cruises less than 7 days? :( .

I've also emailed Costa and they have said the same thing. Has anyone else come across this?

Thanks Linda

Which ship and where are you cruising?

I just looked up the 2016 All Inclusive Drinks Package and the T&C are:

a. AI can only be booked for cruise with a minimum of 6 days.

b. The price can vary according to the season and ship.

c. All AI can only be booked upto 14 days before the cruise.

d. All passengers on a booking number have to take (or leave the AI).

e. For Caribbean (EU), Northern Europe and Dubai cruises an extra €1 a day will be charged.

f. For Caribbean (USA) and Brazilian cruises the price will be calculated and charges in US $

g. neoCollection ships have their own AI and T&C.

The above is for 2016 which for Costa normally starts 1st. December. I would call Costa again and ask if the 6 day minimumonly applies only for 2016 cruises or for both 2015 & 2016.

Let us know how you get on.

Edited by G.M.T.

Thanks for your help and advice.

I did email Costa and said that it's not clear on the website that it's only longer cruises. In fact when I go in to manage my booking it shoes you the AI and then when you try and purchase it shows not available. They said that All Inclusive is not available on short cruises, but beer and water packages are available to purchase on board.

I'll try ringing them tomorrow and report back. I'm sure there will be many more disappointed guests as it's such good value!

Linda

Just to report back, I contacted Costa again but no joy :(. They said the All inclusive only applies to cruises of 7 nights or more. Guess we will be consuming a little less alcohol on this cruise!!

Does anyone happen to have an up to date bar price list? All the one's I have found are for the All Inclusive package.

Many thanks Linda

I would normally drink white wine, pinot or sauvignon, and my husband lager beer. I am also partial to the odd cocktail or three!!

Hope I'm not going to have to take out a second mortgage!!

Thanks for your help.

Linda

pour yourself a stiff drink and i'll let you know the prices, som here we go:

Wine by the glass €5.00

beer draught 40 cl €4,95

or 25 cl €3,95

beer bottled 33 cl €4.95

cocktails €7.45

+15%??

As an avid AI user, the 15% never enters my mind.:)

Time for a cruise.

We always use the AI also. I just wanted to make sure the previous poster had accurate information.

Yes. Time for a cruise...

• 2 months later...

I'm just back from my 5 night cruise on Costa Fortuna. Thought I would report back on the All Inclusive drinks package. The good news, they were selling it, the bad news....it was 40 euros per person per day not 25. The package included all drinks up to 7.50 and also contents of the mini bar. I think this must have been new for the cruise we were on, as when chatting to the English speaking host she did not know anything about it. They were also selling the usual wine and water packages, also beer packages. We did end up buying the package as we thought it was worth it for us. The ship is looking tired in places but is going into dry dock soon to be refurbished. We had a great time , ( maybe the drinks package helped ) :)

Thanks for reporting back, always good to get feedback from first hand experience.

Glad you you got the AI drinks package, even at ahigher price.

As from the 1st December there are new AI drink packages comin into effect. There is one called "Intenditore" at €45.99 per day, it includes premium spirits, contents of the cabin mini bar and available for any number of days. So maybe you took part in a Costa dry run (wrong choice of words, lets say a trial to test the waters.

Hee is a link to the current and new AI drinks packages:

http://www.costacruises.co.uk/gb/all-inclusive-cruise.html