Transfers at end of cruise in Savona?

jerseylily

Can you give me current information on Costa transfers at end of cruise.? I asked the Costa 'service's team who told me to talk to my TA....So I thought I would ask the experts...Can you buy a transfer when on the ship for a transfer from Savona cruise port to Genoa train station ie centre of Genoa...not the airport.

Re you catching a train in Genoa or just want to be in the center of Genoa?

I have read a couple of times about a transfer to Genoa station, which also stated that if there were not enough passengers then it would not run (sounds like only bookable in advance). Never seen any reviews / experiences about it.

If you just want to be in the center of Genoa, I would take the transfer to Genoa Airport (€21) and then a taxi.

If you are catching a train in Genoa, then suggest a taxi from cruise terminal to Savona station (€12) and then the train to Genoa.

Have a look here

http://www.costacruises.co.uk/B2C/GB/Before_you_go/Ports/Pages/Default.aspx?&CallPort=SVN

Edited by G.M.T.

Can you give me current information on Costa transfers at end of cruise.? I asked the Costa 'service's team who told me to talk to my TA....So I thought I would ask the experts...Can you buy a transfer when on the ship for a transfer from Savona cruise port to Genoa train station ie centre of Genoa...not the airport.

Look at the list of tours available on the Costa website that pertains to your reservation. Maybe you can just hop off on a city tour.

We tried to buy transfers for Genoa on the last day of our cruise as there was a train strike on. There were no places left for Genoa - they had filled one bus. Our friends managed to buy transfers to Milan no problem. If you book when you get on the ship first then hopefully it will be ok.

Taxi to Savona train station is around 17euros if you're going to get a train through to Genoa.

Caryl

Edited by CASPALL

I knew you would have the answers. We are staying next to the station so we will probably go for the taxi to savona station and train to Genoa then just pray there are no train strikes,....did not think to factor that in...will look at public bus back up!!

There was no bus available for us that day. We ended up walking along to the NHDarsena Hotel where we had stayed a few times pre cruise. The receptionist fixed us up with a shared shuttle bus to Genoa. What a star!

Are you staying in the Grand Savoia next to the station in Genoa? It's a great place to stay

Caryl

We have cruised with Costa a few times, if you want the simple way to go, we use a private transfer with http://www.suntransfers.com/

We are a family but regardless, everyone seems to have lots of luggage, so the idea of changing trains and buses etc is a real pain.

We have an 8 seater for 6 of us plus bags and its 119euro Genoa to Savona cruise terminal.

For a car its showing 95euro. You will have to email to confirm its Genoa town centre you want.

No hassles, the Costa bus can be booked on the ship, we did it one year and it cost us almost the same. If you want it book it early on the ship.

The taxi from Savona port to Savona train station is 15 euros. From there you can take a train to whenever you want to go. Don't forget to stamp your tickets. And use elevator to go up and down with your luggage. It's extremely sloa but better alternative than schlepping your luggage on through steps.