NCL Cabin Information Compilation -NO CABIN QUESTIONS POSTED HERE PLEASE!

jordans mom

Ship - Norwegian Pearl

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 10664

Stateroom Category – SF (Aft Penthouse Suite)

Starboard or Port Side - Corner Aft

Sail Date: July 3, 2016

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes, very quiet, as it's in the corner and not in the main hall. The only noise we heard was from the crew stairwell next to the room on one early port day for about 5 minutes, and on debarkation day as the crew bustled around for the next set of guests (and we were already awake).

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Aft balcony, WONDERFUL views especially for Alaska, you basically get a panoramic view.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Larger than a regular balcony. We had two lounge chairs, two regular sitting chairs, and a small table. It was a bit cramped with all the furniture, but we didn't mind one bit. We even had our family over, there were 5-6 of us out there with no space problems. (CC won't let me upload the balcony photo for some reason, but I have one if anyone is interested).

Was wind a problem? - No.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - No. However, the balcony was usually wet in the morning from hosing down the Great Outdoors on Deck 12 and from typical Alaska rain/mist. We only found rogue coffee stirrers on the balcony once from the Great Outdoors.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Our butler had to replace the espresso machine twice (we didn't do it! fussy machines lol). Other than that, no!

Any other comments? - We loved this cabin and would recommend it to anyone! Our butler (Lazaro) and our room steward (Danilo) were excellent. Room is spacious for two people, lots of storage and of course great perks from being in a suite.

13653245_10101830330814276_6377363494301949430_o.jpg.1e238546652c37e9ebe2ecda60f14bf8.jpg

13653445_10101830330869166_3564817087377975827_o.jpg.e5218f6990d9ad97e064692ddd2c7532.jpg

13668800_10101830330934036_6253070609064958443_o.jpg.fa2f234199a33e4edff5061320a25b53.jpg

13653245_10101830331003896_4879300888192905246_o.jpg.b7339145c42a86a3de4d66407b8f13a9.jpg

Escape cabin 17126

Haven Penthouse with balcony wheel chair accessible.

VERY SPACIOUS!

quiet.

Bigger than other cabins in the same category due to being wheelchair accessible.

Balcony was still same size as all others in this category.

1469377527485.jpg.a33221470a06d7a0d6a213eef7b54a95.jpg

1469377555662.jpg.0d8a76192ce040dc08730001e64645a9.jpg

1469377580132.jpg.8b934753fa55f9d7af66eaa476c646cf.jpg

1469377651048.jpg.105e406d4d8e6374222691cd9b9907e9.jpg

1469377675173.jpg.7c2c171cfcde581fd9c80d7eb4161278.jpg

Edited by Jana60

Ship - Escape

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9212

Stateroom Category – B4

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Some creaking and tapping noises

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No

Balcony View - Awning of the waterfront was below us, so you could not look directly down. You could see lifeboats, but they did not obstruct the view.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? - no

Any other comments? - Would take this cabin again. Great location to get to 6-7-8! Bed was by balcony.

Do you have any pictures from your balcony? We cruise in October and will be in 9224, just a few down from you. Wondering if we will have obstruction too.

Ship - Norwegian Escape

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 11784

Stateroom Category –

Starboard or Port Side - starboard

Quiet Stateroom? – No problems at all, very quiet!

Balcony View - view-in Miami you see the port, in St. Marten you see shipping containers, in St. Thomas you see water and scenic areas, Tortola I have no recollection of that and In Nassau you see Paradise Island and beautiful exclusive homes on a small strip of land.no issues

Balcony Size? Balcony was normal sized

Was wind a problem? - wind not a problem

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -cabin is forward

Any specific problems with this cabin? - somewhat warm cabin

Any other comments? - This was a perfect cabin as far as location goes! Close to forward elevators, mid ship. It never felt like the ship was moving! Very pleasant cruise experience!! Would request this cabin again!!

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Norwegian Escape

Deck - 14

Stateroom # - 14854

Stateroom Category – Midship Balcony

Starboard or Port Side -

Quiet Stateroom? – Cabin next door had 4 kids and all hours of the day and night they were slamming doors, screaming, crying, yelling and running up and down the hallways. If the kids hadn't been there the cabin would have been very quiet.

Balcony View - view-in Miami I saw water towers, in St. Marten I saw water towers and Senior Frogs, in St. Thomas another ship was docked right next to us, so I saw that ship, Tortola I saw the island, is was beautiful and in Nassau there were six ships in port, so I saw ships.

Balcony Size? I have taken 20-30 cruises and this is smallest balcony I have ever been in.

Was wind a problem? - wind not a problem

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - the cabin was always freezing. I finally moved the thermostat to heat because I was so cold.

Any other comments? - I loved the location of the cabin, only about a 30 second walk to the elevators. As I said, very small, since I sail alone, it was perfect for me. I would definitely book it again.

• 3 weeks later...

Ship -Escape

Deck - 17

Stateroom # - 17128

Stateroom Category – H5 Haven Courtyard Penthouse

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very quiet, no problems

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -No

Balcony View - great views, no obstructions. Only comment would be that you could be a little overlooked to your left if people were right up against the ship's rail, looking over.

29313290486_ebf492a816_n.jpgDSCN5480 by smilinglady, on Flickr

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - It was longer than a normal balcony cabin, having a table, 2 very comfy chairs AND a lounger fitting comfortably with space to move.

Was wind a problem? -no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? -no problems

Any other comments? - Cabin was close to entrance to the Haven but presented no problems whatsoever.

Ship - Norwegian Escape

Deck - 14

Stateroom # - 14168

Stateroom Category – BA - Midship Balcony

Quiet Stateroom? – yes

Balcony View - not obstructed, 6 decks above The District.

Balcony Size? Average. 2 chairs, small table.

Was wind a problem? - no

Any specific problems with this cabin? - there are no drawers. Only shelves for storage. Just had to get used to it. (not specific to just this cabin).

Any other comments? - Great location for us. 3 doors from forward elevator bank. Most of what we liked was near that front elevator.

Bed is by balcony, when sleeping you are facing aft.

Very narrow space around bed.

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Norwegian Jewel

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9524

Stateroom Category – B3-Forward, port side. 2 doors from forward elevators.

Quiet Stateroom? – yes

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes

Balcony View - not obstructed. Average size. Port side is less desirable for Alaska inside passage to be able to see shoreline.

Was wind a problem? - no

Any specific problems with this cabin? - limited drawers (3 small next to closet. There are shelves-3 . There are 2 movie channels but movies are not on demand so it is difficult to find something to watch if you have a free couple of hours on a sea day.

Any other comments? Garden café always seems like a madhouse getting food and finding a free table. We ended up eating at Tsars most meals which was quieter.

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Norwegian Pearl

Deck - 8

Stateroom # - 8042

Stateroom Category – balcony forward starboard side right at the elevators

Quiet Stateroom? – yes

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - no

Balcony View - not obstructed but enclosed hull. Not as open but very private and not as windy

Was wind a problem? - no unless you had both room and balcony doors open at same time

Any specific problems with this cabin? - limited drawers (3 small next to closet.) There are 3 shelves under safe. One outlet. No night stands with drawers, just a tiny table that the phone took up most of the space. When pull out sofa converts to a bed, very cramped and only way to balcony is to climb over foot of it. There is a coffee maker.

Any other comments: one pool was covered 2 days before disembarking in preparation for a charter to set up the stage. Very inconvenient as it was a hot sea day and other pool is extremely cold. Half the deck was blocked off to store the scaffolding and equipment with many deck chairs stored away as well so lounging was at a premium. Food on last day very poor. Also same food offered in O sheehans at breakfast as in buffet. O sheenhans has a very limited menu after 10pm with no appies such as the dip or mozza sticks.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

Edited by Lulubelle45

• 3 weeks later...

Ship -Escape

Deck - 14

Stateroom # - 14702

Stateroom Category – OA - Oceanview with Large Picture Window

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very quiet,some creaking from overhead bridge. You could hear beeps and alarms early morning coming from bridge in the bathroom.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -No

Balcony View - N/A

DSCN5480 by smilinglady, on Flickr

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -N/A

Was wind a problem? -N/A

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? -no problems

Any other comments? - Cabin has great bench seat that if you wanted you could sit and watch from with throw pillows.

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Norwegian Dawn

Deck - 8

Stateroom # - 8087

Stateroom Category – Midship Inside

Quiet Stateroom? – NO

Balcony View - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - This cabin was right next to a "Hotel Store" storage area. The noise was unbelievable the first two nights. I was woken up every few hours by metal carts slamming around and crew members loudly talking. I never heard anything from the cabin next to us: just the hotel store area.

Any other comments: I have never once complained to Guest Services for any reason, but this did me in. After the first night, they assured me they would address the issue with the crew. I don't begrudge the crew for doing their jobs and I certainly hope no one was reprimanded for it, but I think they were unaware that they could be heard by my cabin. The second night, it was more sporadic (not every 2 hours,) but my husband and I were woken up several times and I immediately called Guest Services each time (no small feat in the dark with no windows.) By the third night, the issue had been sufficiently addressed. Regardless, I wouldn't recommend staying in a cabin next to a storage area. I will definitely be more cautious when selecting a room in the future.

Edited by cmh9092
spelling error

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Norwegian Sun

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9278

Stateroom Category – Aft Mini Suite

Starboard or Port Side - N/A (on the aft)

Quiet Stateroom? – Yes

Balcony View - Outstanding view! 180 degree view!

Balcony Size? Great size! Room for 2 lounger chairs, 2 regular chairs and 2 tables.

Was wind a problem? - No. That was one of many great things about being on the aft. Mostly light breezes and sheltered from strong winds.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - There were times that soot was on the balcony. It was not an all day, every day issue but was more at random days and times. Be prepared to wipe down the balcony furniture at times. The room steward also did his best to keep on top of this issue. It was certainly not enough of a problem to not book on the aft again. We would book there again without hesitation!

Any specific problems with this cabin? - None

Any other comments? - Very nice size cabin with a full-size couch and a coffee table. Each side of the bed had a nightstand. Also a large built-in which included a flat screen tv, desk area, shelving, coffee maker, refrigerator and drawers for clothing storage. Plenty of electrical outlets in this cabin too: Five 110 volt outlets and two 220 volt outlets.

Large bathroom with full size tub, separate toilet area and plenty of storage space. Also very large walk in closet and dressing area.

This was a really great cabin! Would not hesitate to book it in the future!

Ship - Escape

Deck - 13

Stateroom # - 13886

Stateroom Category – Balcony

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Quiet on our sailing.

Balcony View - No obstructions.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal.

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - None

Any other comments? - This was a great cabin, we had ample storage and the bathroom was excellent. Bed located next to the wardrobe.

Ship - Dawn

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 10000

Stateroom Category – Penthouse Suite SE

Starboard or Port Side - Forward facing directly under bridge

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Quiet when the officers weren't walking around. We heard a lot of movement going on at all hours of the day and night. It was a little disappointing as we had heard this room was very quiet.

Balcony View - No obstructions.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - HUGE balcony. Great when in good weather like the Caribbean. Not very good cruising out of cooler ports such as Boston in October. The room is a decent size but the bathroom is the same as a mini-suite. The balcony is the main focus of this room so if it's raining or cold it becomes unusable. We did have a nice overhang however that gave us shade or protection while we were in port.

Was wind a problem? - Yes when underway during a storm. Other than that it was fine.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - NA

Any specific problems with this cabin? - The sound of the officers walking above us. The insulation wasn't very good and we could hear alarms going off as well.

Any other comments? - The view coming in and out of port was spectacular. I loved being able to see where we were going. Storage was great. The one advantage to this cabin was the bump out that gave us more room space. It took away from the balcony but gave us more living space which we preferred. We probably wouldn't book a forward facing cabin again however because it limited our use of the balcony.

Ship - Dawn

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 11618

Stateroom Category – BA Mid Ship Balcony

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Quiet with respect to hallway traffic. But we heard a lot of movement going on above us at all hours of the day and night. Chairs being dragged around all the time. We has this same room before the refurbish and we never heard a sound, except for some very faint music from the pool deck.

Balcony View - Great!

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Big balcony. Shaded and sheltered.

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - NA

Any specific problems with this cabin? - The sound of chairs from above.

The room steward always dumped dirty dishes and toilet cleaning stuff right in front of our door because we had a "foyer" area in the hallway.

Any other comments? -Except for the noise from above, this was a great cabin. Location was convenient to the mid ship elevators. No noise from the nightly atrium concerts. Convenient to everything in the ship. Balcony had one lounge chair, two chairs and one small coffee table.

• 5 weeks later...

Ship - Getaway

Deck - 13

Stateroom # - 13413 & 13417

Stateroom Category – IC

Starboard or Port Side - Inside

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very Quiet. We even didn't notice there was a baby right next to us

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes, very convenient.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – N/A

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - N/A

Was wind a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No

Any other comments? - A little inconvenience of these two cabins is too far from elevator lobby.

Edited by yenjun

Ship - Escape

Deck - 5

Stateroom # - 5770

Stateroom Category – O2

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Not At All. Atrium is right above the cabin. We could clearly hear the sound moving furniture around 1-2AM after activities.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – N/A

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - N/A

Was wind a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No

Any other comments? - It's roomy for family of 5 including 3 children. The room size is posted about 218 sq. ft.

Ship -breakaway

Deck - 13

Stateroom # - 13290

Stateroom Category – bc

Starboard or Port Side - port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – this is an angled balcony which is wonderful for the balcony space. however the steward parks his cart outside your room all day because of the extra space in the hall. if you are an early riser this is not a big deal but once he starts dumping ice in buckets it may wake you. there are no other crew doors in the immediate vicinity to wake you.

a few inches of insulation missing on the bottom of the door enabled light to come into the room at nite. i dont care about light. i care about the incessant howling of the wind that i heard every single nite coming through that door. i believe this is because our neighbors may have had their balcony open but i am not sure. i just know that seal needs fixed. if i pulled the door very tight it stopped a bit.

also bass from spice h20 IS noticeable with all doors closed. did it prevent me from sleeping? no. music outside on balcony can be heard perfectly.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -no

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – angled balcony is jackpot. it's noticeably bigger from my regular balcony and i recommend it highly. this one faced the rear, not forward

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - oversized and wonderful! get it!

Was wind a problem? - not on the balcony. matter of fact was one spot there was none

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - didnt notice it

Any specific problems with this cabin? -just the wind noise from the faulty door of the cabin.

Any other comments? - this was close enough yet far enough from the elevators as to minimize the pass through people noise. i loved the angled balcony.

Dawn

Deck 8

Cabin 8096

Obstructed OV

Quiet? Band in atrium/OShehans canbe heard very clearly but they do stop about 9:30 pm. Otherwise it was quiet

Not connecting

Balcony N/A

Plumbing was out of order several times on the hallway. Sewer smell while in port but not at sea. This room has a fold down bunk. On one side and a trundle beneath the other. If the beds are together the person on one side has to squeeze past the bunk, even when folded up, it protrudes and I banged into many times at night. Person the other side has to either exit off the bottom of the bed or climb over the lower corner as the space between the vanity and bed is very tight. I'm not a large person and it was nearly impossible for me.

Pass on this cabin or at least sleep as singles. Although it is equipped for four, there is really no way you could put four people in this cabin with any degree of comfort. Also, the trundle under one bed obstructs using it for luggage storage.

Ship - Jewel

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 11100

Stateroom Category – MA -Mini-Suite

Quiet Stateroom? – Some noise in mornings - steward's closet right across the hall. Under Kid's area in Garden Cafe. Once in a while some noise, but not often.

Balcony View - No obstructions. Balcony is only partially covered - cabins further forward are fully covered. During rain on Canal crossing it was annoying to get wet, but on good days, it was nice to have sun.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - I think all MA cabins have the same size balcony. Most have a moveable wall, which allows to join balconies. The aft side of this balcony is fixed, and cannot be moved.

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - This cabin is at the the dividing line for the "compartments" on the ship (where the water-tight doors close), and is about 10 inches narrower than the other cabins in that class (we looked at about 6 of them). It makes it very tight to walk between the wall and the foot of the bed, and our suitcase had to be turned sideways to fit through.

Any other comments? - Not bad, but pick another one to have the extra space.

• 2 weeks later...

I truely enjoyed your video (trying not to get off topic but I loved the music you used in background. (can I ask whom & what?) I'd really like to get that on my player and it will get me back in the cruising mood when ever I loose my way. ;)

Ship: Breakaway

Deck -15 Forward Port Side

Cabin: 15110

Category - 2 bedroom suite in the Haven

Issues to report - N/A suite was perfect!

2nd bedroom was able to accommodate 2 grown teenagers - My son is 20 years old and 6ft tall - My daughter is 17 years old and 5ft/5 inches tall. Each had sufficient space for their things.

Hope it's okay to post a video that I made of our suite!

https://vimeo.com/174403457

Ship - Sky

Deck - 8

Stateroom # - 8001

Stateroom Category – SB (owner's suite)

Starboard or Port Side - forward-facing

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – yes, except for during docking or anchoring - literal cabin-shaking clanking of anchor chain or heavy vibration and loud noise of thrusters during docking - short-lived in duration but a rude awakening if you're not an early riser

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - yes, with a penthouse cabin next door (can hear some noise from neighbours if they're loud while you're in the living area, but separate bedroom area is very quiet)

Balcony View - amazing forward views, side partitions give privacy but block views to the side

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - huge balcony! Two loungers, dining table with four chairs plus your own huge personal hot-tub (tub holds 2-4 people comfortably)

Was wind a problem? - no, balcony is quite sheltered - normal wind levels when at sea, but were easily able to sit out on our at-sea day

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? - comes with a butler, concierge and amazing room steward who will pamper you to such an extent that you don't want to go home :-)

Any other comments? - great cabin!

Edited by bookbabe