Anything new on Harvest Caye?

TNCruzer56

But unlike private islands, on Harvest Caye the restaurants are locally owned, not by NCL, so a la carte is like your restaurants at home. No SDP coverage.

Probably same with bars.

Except that the Concierge Desk is saying "Guest that has the Ultimate Beverage package can use at the Harvest Caye. We will provide lunch."

Guess time will tell!

Not disagreeing, but I interpret the part of their press release referencing their partnership with JB's Margaritaville that this is not the case. My gut feeling is that other press releases/info are intentionally vague and misleading. I could be wrong, 'tho!

"In true Norwegian fashion, Harvest Caye will feature a myriad of dining and bar options, available à la carte. Guests will enjoy five dining and bar outlets that feature a variety of cuisines, including a two-story indoor/outdoor Landshark Bar & Grill. An expansion of Norwegian’s partnership with Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville, the Landshark Bar & Grill is sure to be an island favorite, with a scenic upper deck and a swim-up pool bar for the ultimate way to enjoy a "boat drink". Those who want to indulge in authentic Belizean cuisine will be able to enjoy casual street style dining in the shopping village. Additional dining options will include the Laughing Bird Bar & Grill serving the beach, the Manatee Marina Bar & Grill in the marina, the Horse-Eye Jack Bar & Grill servicing the island’s cabanas as well as food and drink delivery throughout the pool area."

But unlike private islands, on Harvest Caye the restaurants are locally owned, not by NCL, so a la carte is like your restaurants at home. No SDP coverage.

Probably same with bars.

I inquired again and received another confirmation from the Concierge Desk - from a different rep this time - with even more detailed information:

"Yes, lunch is served on Harvest Caye around 12/1230pm and your beverage package can also be used on the island."

If they are indeed incorrect, it would be great if NCL could correct them asap!

I inquired again and received another confirmation from the Concierge Desk - from a different rep this time - with even more detailed information:

"Yes, lunch is served on Harvest Caye around 12/1230pm and your beverage package can also be used on the island."

If they are indeed incorrect, it would be great if NCL could correct them asap!

That sounds to me like the are talking about GSC.

I asked my PCC today and this is what she said

"And the UBP will not work off the ship at this port. We do not own the liquor rights to sell at the Harvest Caye"

I also asked her about booking the cabanas and she said to call the shore excursion department right away to book them. When I called they said they were not available to book yet!

It would be nice to get a straight answer!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I asked my PCC today and this is what she said

"And the UBP will not work off the ship at this port. We do not own the liquor rights to sell at the Harvest Caye"

I also asked her about booking the cabanas and she said to call the shore excursion department right away to book them. When I called they said they were not available to book yet!

It would be nice to get a straight answer!

LOL I also asked about the cabanas and was told middle of next month by Shore Excursions.

Printed information directly from NCL to those booked on Harvest Caye cruises would be nice... but probably asking too much!

How funny - I respond to you on FB and then come to this thread to see if it's been mentioned, and you're already here.

Sorry for the accidental stalking! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just booked our second trip on The Getaway, looking forward to it and celebrating my 40th birthday on Harvest Caye. Fingers crossed that the UBP can be utilized but I have an inkling that it will not be.

I noticed you mentioned a Facebook Group, can someone instruct me on how to find it? Would like to join.

I'm surprised cabanas are renting for that amount of money. Granted I'm a penny pincher, but some people spend that amount of money on inside cabins for an entire 7 day cruise. No wonder the cruise lines are going to their own private islands instead of more interesting destinations when they can make that amount of money on just cabana rental alone.

I booked my cabana for my April 2017 cruise on the Jade. $475.00 for beach cabana, $199 for pool canopy cabana. I took the plunge andbooked the beach one. Hope its worth it.

I'm surprised cabanas are renting for that amount of money. Granted I'm a penny pincher, but some people spend that amount of money on inside cabins for an entire 7 day cruise. No wonder the cruise lines are going to their own private islands instead of more interesting destinations when they can make that amount of money on just cabana rental alone.
I'd much rather pay for a week in VIBE.

I'm with you on that one. I was curious as to pricing and have found that it is $633 Canadian for a beach cabana for 6 people. No food or drinks included.

Someone on FB said that Harvest Caye will have their own concierge/Haven area.

I know this is the case on GSC (that they are working on it now) but that is the first I have

heard about it on Harvest Caye. Is this just a mistake or has anyone else heard rumblings about this too?

Thank you.

Someone on FB said that Harvest Caye will have their own concierge/Haven area.

I know this is the case on GSC (that they are working on it now) but that is the first I have

heard about it on Harvest Caye. Is this just a mistake or has anyone else heard rumblings about this too?

Thank you.

A mistake to me, I think you are 100% right, I never saw any mention of an Haven area on HC.

"Luxurious beachside cabanas that accommodate up to 10 guests and feature concierge food and beverage service, dedicated cabana bar, lounge chairs, private bathrooms and air conditioning." https://www.ncl.com/harvest-caye

"Guests who wish to enjoy the day in privacy can opt to rent one of the island’s 11 luxurious beach villas. These indulgent enclosed villas can accommodate up to 10 guests and are the ultimate beach escape, equipped with every comfort including air conditioning, dedicated lounge and dining areas, a private restroom, indoor and outdoor showers, hammocks, and exclusive dining and beverage options with dedicated concierge service so guests never have to leave the beach." https://www.ncl.com/press-releases/norwegian-cruise-line-reveals-harvest-caye-experiences