POA Cruise Live Review from a Local 9/24/16

ssaito1

Wow, that is a PRIME sailing time. I hope you got it while rates were fairly lower than they are now [emoji15] That should be amazing to celebrate Christmas on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Actually, we did not get great rates, even though we booked 10 months in advance. We usually cruise during Christmas week, as I am a teacher, and dh as a CPA, before he goes into tax season. We splurged and took our adult "kids" with us this time in a second large balcony cabin. Our cabin price has gone up about $25 since we booked....

Was it an easy walk from the pier to the Queen K Center?

We aren't the OP, but we can tell you that we have seen many passengers walking between the ship and Queen Ka'ahumanu Center. It is an easy but not short (at least to us) walk there and back. There used to be a free shuttle (a cute "trolley") provided by the Center, but we haven't seen it in a while. You might want to check that out - or perhaps the OP can comment on it.

We aren't the OP, but we can tell you that we have seen many passengers walking between the ship and Queen Ka'ahumanu Center. It is an easy but not short (at least to us) walk there and back. There used to be a free shuttle (a cute "trolley") provided by the Center, but we haven't seen it in a while. You might want to check that out - or perhaps the OP can comment on it.

Thanks for the info. I see you are on the Oct 8th cruise too. Please post your info on the roll call.

Aloha,

I agree with your comment. You can walk it, but it isn't a "close" walk. Maui Mall is right across the street, but QKC is about a 20 minute walk each way.

Actually, we did not get great rates, even though we booked 10 months in advance. We usually cruise during Christmas week, as I am a teacher, and dh as a CPA, before he goes into tax season. We splurged and took our adult "kids" with us this time in a second large balcony cabin. Our cabin price has gone up about $25 since we booked....

Wow, 10 months is pretty far (at least for us). Hope y'all have a great time :)

Tuesday AM Update:

We're in Hilo now, weather is a little overcast. Doing the Volcano and Rainbow Falls tour. Yesterday in Maui we went to the Maui Ocean Center and it is WELL worth the piece to go. Uber is about $20 each way, and there are discounted prices for military, seniors, and kamaaina. 9088e9bab265402dd6800bc4c03a99d4.jpg

Thursday PM Update: We're exploring Kauai through the Journey to Waimea Canyon tour. Our guide has been cracking us up all along the way! The weather here is beautiful. bf234066d8f7aacf8cd9e08ccaa28063.jpg

8b9fed2ca5b65cc3c7cd3f5ce97e9956.jpg

dac3c5e8052e108779e9b845af2a01bc.jpg

0e0a5084c76dea72dc9b2fc94432d1a8.jpg

Another food update: The restaurants have still been fairly empty compared to past NCL cruises. If you get to the buffet before 9am for breakfast, you should have no problem finding a seat.

Bottled Water Tip:

Don't get the Aquafina water from the bars or outside the theater before you go on a shore excursion (unless you really prefer that brand). If you go to Island Treasures (like the NCL gift shop), look for the beverage cooler on the left side and on the top row, you'll find Island Heritage water that's 5 bottles for $10. A lot cheaper than the $3.5-$5+ that the others are. 9933dfbc0fd4f92b484fd9f0522ecea1.jpg

5a01b308ede9cf305ad52f526568c9e2.jpg

Bottled Water Tip:

Don't get the Aquafina water from the bars or outside the theater before you go on a shore excursion (unless you really prefer that brand). If you go to Island Treasures (like the NCL gift shop), look for the beverage cooler on the left side and on the top row, you'll find Island Heritage water that's 5 bottles for $10. A lot cheaper than the $3.5-$5+ that the others are.

Thanks! That's a great tip.

Bottled Water Tip:

Don't get the Aquafina water from the bars or outside the theater before you go on a shore excursion (unless you really prefer that brand). If you go to Island Treasures (like the NCL gift shop), look for the beverage cooler on the left side and on the top row, you'll find Island Heritage water that's 5 bottles for $10. A lot cheaper than the $3.5-$5+ that the others are.

That is fantastic to know! Now that you can't bring water onboard (there is no way I am paying the NCL pre-order prices for water) I wil head there when they open at sea!

Bottled Water Tip:

Don't get the Aquafina water from the bars or outside the theater before you go on a shore excursion (unless you really prefer that brand). If you go to Island Treasures (like the NCL gift shop), look for the beverage cooler on the left side and on the top row, you'll find Island Heritage water that's 5 bottles for $10. A lot cheaper than the $3.5-$5+ that the others are. 9933dfbc0fd4f92b484fd9f0522ecea1.jpg

5a01b308ede9cf305ad52f526568c9e2.jpg

Thanks for the water tip. Do you recall how much the cans of soda are?