Transparent TV show episode on Jewel

sailandcruise

• 1 month later...
I just binge-watched the entire series this weekend! What a great show!

And the Jewel was very, very featured! And they were clearly at sea, on an actual cruise. I wonder when they filmed this?

This was filmed the week of April 10 thru the 17th. We were staying in the Haven where they filmed much of the episode. A LOT of equipment in the hallways at times and there was ONE incident when my husband went charging out of the room to go to breakfast only to hear "CUT!".......as he walked into a scene!

The crew could not have been more friendly.....Mr. Tambor and I spoke a few times....and the other actors were great fun around the Haven pool. On the last day, I even brought out two bottles of champagne to share with some of them as I was running out of time to drink the number of bottles that I had accumulated! The crew even came by and knocked on our door to present us with $200 worth of Amazon gift cards for our "trouble!" It was not trouble at all....and a lot of fun watching the enormous amount of work that goes into filming each and every scene.

It was actually a lot of fun.....and my grown children are great fans of the show. I have not actually watched it yet but look forward to doing so.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I watched the show. Great showing of the Jewel but a couple of things bothered me.

1. They called the GV butler her "gay' that comes with the room. Ok, maybe kind of funny, and maybe I'm being overly sensitive, but I found it kind of offensive towards butlers in general.

2. I'm a stickler for all things real when portraying things. It bugged me that they had a scene with one of the characters in the crew pool at the bow of the ship. We all know that is not allowed.

3. Why in the heck did the mom not invite at least 2 others to stay in the GV? As we know, there are 3 bedrooms!

Ok, off my high horse. Feel better I got it off my chest. Lol

2. I'm a stickler for all things real when portraying things. It bugged me that they had a scene with one of the characters in the crew pool at the bow of the ship. We all know that is not allowed.

If using a wrong pool (that actually exists) in a fictional TV serie bothers you, don't ever look how the computer programs or even using most cell phones are portrayed in those.

If using a wrong pool (that actually exists) in a fictional TV serie bothers you, don't ever look how the computer programs or even using most cell phones are portrayed in those.

thanks for the advice. :rolleyes: