POA Cruise Live Review from a Local 9/24/16

ssaito1

Aloha Everyone,

My name is Shawn and live in Honolulu, HI. My mother and I are taking the POA for the first time. Since we're residents, we get an extremely discounted rate. We booked a guaranteed ocean view room for $629 pp+ taxes and fees. Much to our great surprise, we got a free upgrade to a balcony room! I guess this cruise isn't running completely full. I'll try to be posting and giving a live review as the days go on (and as I remember to post)! Feel free to ask any questions and I'll try and answer them. 4061d7d8f399817e7a6bf66cccb32200.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'll be following also. We are going on our first trip to Hawaii and our first cruise on NCL. So looking forward to it. Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences.

PS, forgot to say have a great cruise and enjoy your time with your mom.

Edited by pattyj 1204

Aloha,

Update Time: We're on board and already hitting the buffet [emoji23] We have perfect weather here in Honolulu (a little on the hotter side). As a silver latitudes member, we got a special invitation for Friday to attend a "private" party on the bow as we sail along the Na Pali Coast (I presume). Glad that leis were given at check in, it's a must needed touch for anything like this in Hawaii. So far, the crew has been good in addressing everyone with aloha.

Terminal Process: Extremely efficient and easy! Probably the quickest we've had with any of our NCL cruises. We got to the pier around 2:30p and there wasn't much of a line at all. We we're the only ones in the Latitudes line. Took maybe 20-25min from drop off to receiving keys. 93e87023e9ce3dad42bd15216d6acf6c.jpg

I'll be following also. We are going on our first trip to Hawaii and our first cruise on NCL. So looking forward to it. Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences.

PS, forgot to say have a great cruise and enjoy your time with your mom.

You're welcome! :) And thank you for the kind words, we're enjoying it so far.

Those are seriously large photos! I either have to view only 2/3 of the picture, or shrink my browser so that the font is minuscule. Can you load fewer pixels? [i ask because I really want to read your review!]

Sure thing! Let me know if this is better. c652c4baea51b8e06da521f4a97bdee9.jpgef5226b1c78c2e41aa8a7ca67c1c2a57.jpgd4136fadef3cd177b97a62548a9dfd7d.jpg

Aloha,Update Time: As a silver latitudes member, we got a special invitation for Friday to attend a "private" party on the bow as we sail along the Na Pali Coast (I presume).

The party on the bow is only about 30 minutes while leaving Kauai. It is nice and worth going to for sure. They serve champagne and the officers are there.

They shoo you off as soon as the ship is moving out of the harbor. Na Pali coast viewing on the upper decks gets quite competitive. We chose to walk around and then went back to our balcony.

Have a great cruise. I'd love to see a picture of the lava flow into the ocean. We missed that on out cruise.

Excited to read this live review! We are on the 12/24 sailing, and can't wait!

Wow, that is a PRIME sailing time. I hope you got it while rates were fairly lower than they are now [emoji15] That should be amazing to celebrate Christmas on board.

The party on the bow is only about 30 minutes while leaving Kauai. It is nice and worth going to for sure. They serve champagne and the officers are there.

They shoo you off as soon as the ship is moving out of the harbor. Na Pali coast viewing on the upper decks gets quite competitive. We chose to walk around and then went back to our balcony.

Have a great cruise. I'd love to see a picture of the lava flow into the ocean. We missed that on out cruise.

Thanks for that heads up, good to know :)

Just got back from your beautiful land! Stayed at the Halekulani. Sailed your ship a few years ago. Have a safe, healthy and pleasant voyage.

56 Cruises and Counting! Bon Voyage to my fellow CC's and smooth sailing.

Planning a vacay is almost as much fun as the vacay itself!!!

Update Time: Sunday Morning

Aloha Everyone,

Thank you for the kind words and well wishes. We got some sleep on last night. Sea was a little choppy but nothing we're not used to by now. This was the amazing sunrise we had! :)

5ca4c3a0a176ba16c15aed6f1ee10903.jpg

Keep the questions coming! We won't be doing much on Maui since we've both been here numerous times. Just a little shopping and some local eating. I highly recommend everyone check out Tasty Crust. The food isn't too spectacular or fancy, but if you just want good local "comfort" food, it's the place to go.

Will be on the Oct 8th cruise. Are there porters at the cruise terminal?

To be honest, I didn't really take note of that. Since we're from here, we just packed carry on's and walked right in. Perhaps someone on this board can help to answer this.

Sunday PM Update:

We just got back from shopping at the nearby QKC shopping. A very relaxing day so far. I want to highlight the Cadillac Diner, a very underutilized restaurant by fellow passengers. It's so much better than O'Sheehans on the rest of the NCL fleet and there's always opening seating when we go. Our favorites are the grilled cheese (triple decker) and Chicago hotdog :) Buffet hasn't been too busy as well. It could just be the times we're going at. Will see how the rest of the cruise goes with that. 4b650dea7ab8ddc2336798a7d116f5cd.jpg