Upgrade Advantage Offer Escape Help. ??

purpletequila

So I got an email this afternoon about upgrading.

I have no idea how this works and am afraid to hit a button in case it locks me in.

Just to start, if I upgrade, do I get to keep everything I currently have? There is a $100 obc I've had but if I changed rooms on my own, I was told I lose that. Do I keep it through this program?

Offers are and I know nothing of these rooms other than mini suite but:

H2, H3 $750

H4 $500

H5,6,7 and 9 $300

Mini suite $25

Any advice?

I have already paid $999 for a bx which got me a be on 12, 6 or 7 rooms from the very forward of the ship.

Thanks

Edited by purpletequila

And oddly enough, when I try to book through the regular means to look at the different Haven rooms, it says they are all sold out except for H7. Can that be true if they sent me an upgrade offer?

That's an interesting twist. I don't think it's an upgrade offer. I think it's an offer to bid on an upgrade. If this same offer was sent to Haven guests, they could also bid for different rooms freeing up their Haven rooms.

That's an interesting twist. I don't think it's an upgrade offer. I think it's an offer to bid on an upgrade. If this same offer was sent to Haven guests, they could also bid for different rooms freeing up their Haven rooms.

You know, I would love a Haven room like any other normal person but this is my first cruise with NCL and I have to say, I have never seen a more convoluted, crazy system in my life from the get go.

This is one interesting definition of "freestyle."

Argh.

Whatever. I guess I will throw in a minimum/slightly better bid and if it happens, it happens.

Edited by purpletequila

And oddly enough, when I try to book through the regular means to look at the different Haven rooms, it says they are all sold out except for H7. Can that be true if they sent me an upgrade offer?

Rooms sell out fast. Once you get the email, you have a few hours to respond, otherwise the rooms will be sold out.

Upgrade Advantage Program Terms and Conditions

1. The following terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") apply to all offers (each an "Offer" or a "Bid") made by you ("Guest", "you", "passenger") to NCL Corporation Ltd. ("Norwegian Cruise Line", "we", "us") for an opportunity to upgrade from the class of service that was originally purchased for travel with Norwegian Cruise Line to a higher class of service (“Upgrade”). This Upgrade program gives you a chance to place an Offer on an opportunity to upgrade from the class of service already purchased. Your Offer is not final and binding unless and until Norwegian Cruise Line officially accepts it.

2.You must be at least twenty one (21) years of age and able to enter into binding contracts. You shall be deemed to have the authority to act on behalf of and to bind the person or persons named or included on the Offer to these Terms and Conditions. Upgrade Offers are only valid for cabins that have already been purchased, either by you or someone on whose behalf you are bidding for the Upgrade.

3.First, as a prerequisite to the ability to make an Offer, you must receive an invitation (“Invitation”) from Norwegian Cruise Line. Sending an Invitation to anyone and at any time is entirely within Norwegian Cruise Line’s sole discretion.

4.Upon receipt of an Invitation, you may submit a Bid up to two categories higher than the current class of service category purchased for the original itinerary.

5.Norwegian Cruise Line may accept your Bid any time before the sail date. In the event Norwegian Cruise Line accepts your Offer, your credit card will be charged the full amount immediately upon acceptance. The total amount that you must pay to us will be disclosed to you prior to your submission of your Offer.

6.Once your Bid is accepted, the upgrade amount paid is final and non-refundable.

7.If you make a change to your itinerary after your Bid has been accepted, your Bid will be cancelled, will not be transferred to your new itinerary and the upgrade amount paid is non-refundable.

8.If your reservation includes multiple passengers (between 2 and 9 passengers), the purchase price you accept will be per passenger but only for the first and second passenger on the reservation.

9.If your reservation includes only one person, the guest will be charged based on double occupancy.

10.Norwegian Cruise Line reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to decide whether or not to accept your Offer, and it makes no representation that any Guest will be upgraded regardless of whether or not cabins are available in the category for which an Offer is being made.

11.If you purchase an Upgrade, the conditions of your original cruise reservation will remain in effect following the Upgrade. This includes conditions pertaining to cancellation, penalties, and changes.

12.If you have purchased Norwegian Cruise Line’s Travel Protection on your current booking, you will be automatically charged to cover the Upgrade cost. For more information please click here

13.The Upgrade does not include any additional promotions. If you purchase an Upgrade, Norwegian Cruise Line cannot guarantee a specific cabin number assignment within the upgraded category. Your cabin number will depend on space availability. You may revise or cancel your Offer through the hyperlink on the offer email before 48 hours of your departure, provided that your Offer has not already been accepted by Norwegian Cruise Line and provided your credit card has not been charged. However, if your Offer is accepted before you cancel or amend your Offer, you are legally bound to complete payment for the price stated in your original Offer.

14.If your Bid is not accepted, you will travel in the category you originally purchased. The charge on your credit card may appear in the name of "NCL Reservations USD" / "NCL Reservations XX (currency)" / "Norwegian Cruise Line". You agree that you cannot challenge or dispute a charge because the name appearing on the credit card statement is "NCL Reservations USD" / "NCL Reservations XX (currency)" / "Norwegian Cruise Line".

15.By purchasing this Upgrade, the passenger accepts all terms and conditions of the Upgrade Program.

16.Norwegian Cruise Line reserves the right to modify and otherwise change these Terms and Conditions at its own discretion. Except as provided for in the immediately preceding sentence, no amendment, modification or waiver to these Terms and Conditions shall be binding on Norwegian Cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rooms sell out fast. Once you get the email, you have a few hours to respond, otherwise the rooms will be sold out.

That's what I thought and I guess it could be the case but it seems like they are holding confirmations until as late as 3 days before. Maybe not though. Who knows? lol

When are you sailing? I'm going on the escape in January and haven't received one. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

11/12. I don't know. I think I'm passing on the Haven. I've had my eye on a mini suite but someone just said they would never do a mini suite guarantee which is what these basically are, due to their having many bad locations....

Whole thing sounds like a recipe for making hash of all your arrangements, with a dollop of uncertainty thrown in, and the possibility of ending up worse off while paying more.

It seems a dubious "opportunity." IMHO, if you're happy with what you booked, stay put.

I'm 19 days out from sailing and still without a cabin assignment on a BX. This nonsense may explain why.

While this is true of the old up sell emails, I don't think it will be that way with this system. Since item #13 of the T&C say you can modify bids up to 48 hours before departure I think they will just accumulate bids and make most decisions last minute. Perhaps they will accept a maximum bid early. I bet a lot of the offers are for cabin classes they don't even have available, but take bids just to cover themselves if someone else moves out of that cabin type.

It seems the minimum bids are low, I'd be interested in knowing the maximums, particularly interested if they are close to traditional up sell offers.

Edited by Até

Whole thing sounds like a recipe for making hash of all your arrangements, with a dollop of uncertainty thrown in, and the possibility of ending up worse off while paying more.

It seems a dubious "opportunity." IMHO, if you're happy with what you booked, stay put.

I'm 19 days out from sailing and still without a cabin assignment on a BX. This nonsense may explain why.

I'm on 11/12 and got my BX assignment...had to be 6 weeks ago or more.

While this is true of the old up sell emails, I don't think it will be that way with this system. Since item #13 of the T&C say you can modify bids up to 48 hours before departure I think they will just accumulate bids and make most decisions last minute. Perhaps they will accept a maximum bid early. I bet a lot of the offers are for cabin classes they don't even have available, but take bids just to cover themselves if someone else moves out of that cabin type.

It seems the minimum bids are low, I'd be interested in knowing the maximums, particularly interested if they are close to traditional up sell offers.

We are in balcony (BC). Min & Max bids from the offer below...

H2 - $750 - $3000

H3 - $750 - $3000

H4 - $500 - $2000

H5 through H9 - $300 - $1500

Mini-Suite - $25 - $200

Each bid is per person for first 2 people (guest 3, 4 etc would not be charged the upsell price).

I didn't bid on the mini-suite - don't want to lose our drink and SDP - I put in fairly low bids on all the H5 through H9 - figure I can lose the drink and SDP package if we did get bumped up to Haven since I'm pretty sure they are included anyway. Plus we would not pay gratuities - so that's a little bit towards the cost of the upgrade if we did get it.

We are in balcony (BC). Min & Max bids from the offer below...

H2 - $750 - $3000

H3 - $750 - $3000

H4 - $500 - $2000

H5 through H9 - $300 - $1500

Mini-Suite - $25 - $200

Each bid is per person for first 2 people (guest 3, 4 etc would not be charged the upsell price).

I didn't bid on the mini-suite - don't want to lose our drink and SDP - I put in fairly low bids on all the H5 through H9 - figure I can lose the drink and SDP package if we did get bumped up to Haven since I'm pretty sure they are included anyway. Plus we would not pay gratuities - so that's a little bit towards the cost of the upgrade if we did get it.

I do not think you are correct here. When you upsell to the Haven, you keep your original promotions but you DO NOT receive the 4 Haven promotions that those who book it outright receive. Just didn't want you to be confused.

I do not think you are correct here. When you upsell to the Haven, you keep your original promotions but you DO NOT receive the 4 Haven promotions that those who book it outright receive. Just didn't want you to be confused.

You are correct you keep original perks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Appreciate that - as long as I don't end up with a crazy bar bill - I'd be happy.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone received an upgrade bid acceptance yet? We're on Dec 17, 2016 sailing. Booked yesterday and receive upgrade email today. I have two side by side family balcony rooms for us and DDs. With upsell line, you could call and find out specifically what rooms were available, managing proximity. Can't imagine they could accommodate upgrading to two side by side suites. Don't really see a provision for particioating this way...

I am on The Getaway 11/6. I originally booked an MX mini-suite guarantee and was assigned cabin 9240. I received the upgrade advantage email and bid on the aft suite and the 2 bedroom suite about 2 weeks ago. I received an email today that my bid for the aft suite

( $1050.00 p/p) was accepted! So we will be in 12904. So excited!!!

I am on The Getaway 11/6. I originally booked an MX mini-suite guarantee and was assigned cabin 9240. I received the upgrade advantage email and bid on the aft suite and the 2 bedroom suite about 2 weeks ago. I received an email today that my bid for the aft suite

( $1050.00 p/p) was accepted! So we will be in 12904. So excited!!!

Thanks for the information. Good to know they are accepting bids before the 48 hour deadline. To me it seems a bit high based on moving from a MX, but that's how upsells seem to have always worked (they don't care how much you already have invested). If you don't mind, how much did you get into the MX for? Still, it's cheaper than if you booked the suite directly. Enjoy.

Edited by Até

I think lesser bids will take longer to come through. It's a risk and they would be waiting to see if someone else ups the bid. Do you want to give them a higher bid they will accept sooner than the last few days? Or take a little gamble with a lesser bid to see if you get a 'bargain' a couple of days before sailing. It all depends on whether you can be happy with your original cabin.

Thanks for the information. Good to know they are accepting bids before the 48 hour deadline. To me it seems a bit high based on moving from a MX, but that's how upsells seem to have always worked (they don't care how much you already have invested). If you don't mind, how much did you get into the MX for? Still, it's cheaper than if you booked the suite directly. Enjoy.

We booked the MX when they were offering the free perks with guarantees. We paid $2548.00. That includes free 3rd passenger, 4 nite dining package, and UBP.

I did bid high but I REALLY wanted that balcony!!!!!

We booked the MX when they were offering the free perks with guarantees. We paid $2548.00. That includes free 3rd passenger, 4 nite dining package, and UBP.

I did bid high but I REALLY wanted that balcony!!!!!

That is even better that you got the perks as a guarantee. You got a current $6700 room for $3600 so I will call it a good deal. I'm sure you will enjoy. Did they offer any cabin choice?