Ncl poa starboard or portside

KBD5

We are cruising Hawaii in January aboard the POA and would like to know if we should get port side or starboard side cabin for the views at sea and in the ports What are the benefits of either. Thank you in advance

Port-side.

Ship docks portside at every port of call, and port-side cabins have best viewing of the Na'Pali sail by on last day after departing Lihue, Kauai.

Definitely port side. That's what we did.

The only advantage to starboard is if the lava is flowing on the big island. The lava flow is not guaranteed (it wasn't on our cruise).

Port-side.

Ship docks portside at every port of call, and port-side cabins have best viewing of the Na'Pali sail by on last day after departing Lihue, Kauai.

I doubt that the ship docks Portside at every port of call on this itinerary. Based on other itineraries, ships may dock either port or starboard side depending on the Captain's preference, drills which may be planned for one side or the other, and other factors. In any case, a "port side view" may not be of any particular value on this cruise as most of the ports are industrial, and you may have a nice view of a warehouse.

As mentioned, port view for the Na Pali sail by and starboard for the sail by of the lava flow, IF it is active at the time. The Na Pali is a sure thing, so I'd go for the Port cabin. Regardless, all views are available from the decks and the large aft facing Aloha Lanai.

I actually preferred aft-facing as we had a nice view of the harbor in all of the ports (instead of industrial buildings and containers). We spend the Napali Coast Sailby up at the Waikiki bar, then went to our stateroom to watch the view as we departed.

5659212749_de689acbb3_b.jpg[/img]

I doubt that the ship docks Portside at every port of call on this itinerary. Based on other itineraries, ships may dock either port or starboard side depending on the Captain's preference, drills which may be planned for one side or the other, and other factors. In any case, a "port side view" may not be of any particular value on this cruise as most of the ports are industrial, and you may have a nice view of a warehouse.

As mentioned, port view for the Na Pali sail by and starboard for the sail by of the lava flow, IF it is active at the time. The Na Pali is a sure thing, so I'd go for the Port cabin. Regardless, all views are available from the decks and the large aft facing Aloha Lanai.

It doesn't dock portside at every port. From casual observation of the POA it does appear to dock the same way quite often at each port as I look at the cams every day.

On Kauai for example, it typically docks starboard side like it did for our trip in March but the last few weeks it has docked port side a couple times.