Viking Chateaux, Rivers & Wine

vcgeno

We just returned Saturday night from this cruise, this was my 5th river cruise and the 4th with Viking. This was the best one yet. I am posting a link to my pictures, there are menus included in them. i always try to take a picture of them so i can remember what I ate.

The 1998 Vintage was very nice, we had a nice waitress named Hana who never let our glass empty and we enjoyed the over abundance of wine that night. The cheese buffet with Sauternes was pretty good too.

On Friday night, at cocktail hour we had our fill of fresh shucked oyster too.

We just returned Saturday night from this cruise, this was my 5th river cruise and the 4th with Viking. This was the best one yet. I am posting a link to my pictures, there are menus included in them. i always try to take a picture of them so i can remember what I ate.

great pics... thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you! We leave in 6 weeks for this trip. Between your photos and info from beanpittsburgh we are getting very excited for this trip.

• 5 months later...

The itinerary of this cruise changes week to week, this is an estuary cruise and all the cruising is determined by the tides. We were on this cruise last August and had wonderful days of cruising, others were not so fortunate from what i have read.

Greetings!

We are booked on The Forseti for the June 4 Bordeaux cruise, and cannot wait! It's been fun and interesting reading the whole thread, and only helps the build anticipation :)

This will be our second cruise, and our second with Viking. We did the Romantic Danube itinerary last August (with the Prague extension) and loved it so much that less than a month after coming home we booked this one!

Thanks to all of the prior posters on this thread! Most helpful information!

Jeff

Greetings!

We are booked on The Forseti for the June 4 Bordeaux cruise, and cannot wait! It's been fun and interesting reading the whole thread, and only helps the build anticipation :)

This will be our second cruise, and our second with Viking. We did the Romantic Danube itinerary last August (with the Prague extension) and loved it so much that less than a month after coming home we booked this one!

Thanks to all of the prior posters on this thread! Most helpful information!

Jeff

We are on the cruise starting on the 11th. All of the previous info here has been very helpful.

• 1 month later...

Anne and I are cruising in September. Interesting to read the whole thread and hear about the early problems. It would be good to hear more about this year. Are all the excursions worth it? Is the dinner at the chateau still as good as it appears to have been last year?

We have done one Viking cruise last year on the Douro. We did that in April when the water was high and some bridges and locks impassable the week before. We started in a different port, but the captain and brilliant crew managed to change the order of ports so that we didn't miss anything, or have any extra coach journeys - brilliant.

Anne and I are cruising in September. Interesting to read the whole thread and hear about the early problems. It would be good to hear more about this year. Are all the excursions worth it? Is the dinner at the chateau still as good as it appears to have been last year?

We have done one Viking cruise last year on the Douro. We did that in April when the water was high and some bridges and locks impassable the week before. We started in a different port, but the captain and brilliant crew managed to change the order of ports so that we didn't miss anything, or have any extra coach journeys - brilliant.

Excursions are worth it, especially to the vineyards.

Dinner at the Chateau was more than well worth it.

Wished we could have brought back some wine, or have it shipped home but because we are from the dreaded Commonwealth of Massachusetts, nothing could be shipped home for us.

You will have a great enjoyable cruise.