Ama

PattiKake

Will be on the Amacerto in the fall and wondering if there is anyplace on the boat to get a cup of coffee prior to breakfast in the dining room. Have cruised with Tauck and they had a small casual cafe in the act of the boat.

Thank you in advance for any replies!

Will be on the Amacerto in the fall and wondering if there is anyplace on the boat to get a cup of coffee prior to breakfast in the dining room. Have cruised with Tauck and they had a small casual cafe in the act of the boat.

I hope after your cruise you'll post a review. We're interested in both of these lines and I'd love to hear comparisons.

When we were on the Amacerto about 18 months ago there were two self-service coffee stations: one near the entrance to the lounge and the other (less well utilized) in the aft restaurant, The Chef's Table. The machines make espresso-based drinks like cappuccino and Americano. We used them quite often. ;)

I would be very interested in hearing your comparison of AMA and Tauck for river cruising. We have booked a Tauck Rhine and Moselle tour for next summer. We were very favorably impressed with AMA and hope that Tauck will be at least as good if not better. (We would have booked AMA again if they offered a Rhine cruise that also included the Moselle ports.)

Smooth sailing.

Mike

When we were on the Amacerto about 18 months ago there were two self-service coffee stations: one near the entrance to the lounge and the other (less well utilized) in the aft restaurant, The Chef's Table. The machines make espresso-based drinks like cappuccino and Americano. We used them quite often. ;)

I would be very interested in hearing your comparison of AMA and Tauck for river cruising. We have booked a Tauck Rhine and Moselle tour for next summer. We were very favorably impressed with AMA and hope that Tauck will be at least as good if not better. (We would have booked AMA again if they offered a Rhine cruise that also included the Moselle ports.)

Smooth sailing.

Mike

Thank you Mike, The Chef's Table would be a convenient location for us.

I'm interested in the comparison also...loved everything about Tauck, while their fares are a bit higher they're first class all the way. The noticeable difference between the two is that Tauck includes some wonderful cultural experiences while in port such as an evening of dining and entertainment at a palace in Vienna and other cities, also lunches and dinners while away from the ship. I've heard nothing but good about AMA, looking forward to cruising with them.

• 1 month later...

We purchased our own airfare and will require a taxi from the airport in Basel to the hotel which I understand is about four miles and from the hotel to the pier. I know taxis are costly, does anyone have an idea of how many Swiss francs this will cost?

Many thanks to all for your replies, no worries about a coffee station!

Doing the Basel to Amsterdam cruise in October, will post a review upon our return.

Hi Pat, which date are you cruising ? We are on the same ship and itinerary Oct 5th. It will be our 1st river cruise and it can not come soon enough... Dave

We purchased our own airfare and will require a taxi from the airport in Basel to the hotel which I understand is about four miles and from the hotel to the pier. I know taxis are costly, does anyone have an idea of how many Swiss francs this will cost?

Can you share the date of your sailing????

JDechter, how do I get to your review? I tried what appears to be a link under the pic of the 2 red umbrellas but it took me nowhere. Would love to read it as I am doing the same cruise in October. Amsterdam to Basel on AMACerto. Violin Deck AA.

Edited by sanantoniogirl58

I would email the hotel concierge to ask. Also, some hotels have a public transport pass included in their rate. You just show your printed confirmation. Best to check with them.

A note that all taxis in Basel will take credit cards. I was worried about disembarking and not being able to find an ATM before taking the taxi to our hotel, but our cruise director reassured me on that so I was fine. Sadly I don't recall how much it cost to get from the port to the hotel though....