Live from the AmaCerto, Budapest to Amsterdam

H2Otstr

Arrived at the ship about 2:30 pm yesterday afternoon. It was 90+ degrees and humid. We were too hot and tired to explore the area, so w had a light lunch, unpacked and enjoyed the ship last night

Dinner last night was very good and then we had a panoramic sail-around at 9 pm. The weather was beautiful to be cruising around the Danube.

We were supposed to leave at 9 pm tonight and have the panoramic sail around then, but the Captain wants to leave at 6:30 to allow extra time to get through the low waters.

Our tour of Budapest starts this morning at 9:30. It's going to be in the upper 90's today, too.

If anyone has any questions please ask.

Edited by H2Otstr

We have just docked and will be getting off the boat for our tours at 2 pm. There are several different tours offered. Today we have chosen to do a super slow tour on some small cars. Then we will have free time to shop after.

A reception for past AMA guests is to take place at 6 pm tonight, then dinner, then a group of ladies called Aphrodites will perform. We will cruise toward Vienna tonight at 10:30.

We made it all the way through the low water areas and will dock in Nuremberg around 2 pm. On several occasions we left several hours earlier than what was scheduled so that we could cruise at a slower rate.

It is rainy/drissley and very cold. The high today is only supposed to reach 58C.

Be sure to bring some warm clothing and a rain jacket.

Gloves, a scarf and a hat would also be good to have.

Its amazing how in the span of a week' date=' you've gone from sweating and miserably hot, to being chilled and wishing for gloves and a hat! Enjoy your trip!:)[/quote']

So true 😊. There are several people on the trip that do not have any clothing for cool weather. The gift shop is doing a good business selling sweatshirts. :)

Gloves in September? No way on the Rhine. :D And I refuse to put the heating onin my flat. But seriously, it does feel cool in this drizzly rain. It will have stopped by tommorrow. Do not rush to buy a winter jacket as yet. Temperatures will rise again and the Rhine area will be lovely and warm when you get there.

Forecast for Wednesday afternoon in Frankfurt is 21 degrees and fair.

Enjoy the Canal and the Main. :)

notamermaid

We made it all the way through the low water areas and will dock in Nuremberg around 2 pm. On several occasions we left several hours earlier than what was scheduled so that we could cruise at a slower rate.

It is rainy/drissley and very cold. The high today is only supposed to reach 58C.

Be sure to bring some warm clothing and a rain jacket.

Gloves, a scarf and a hat would also be good to have.

58C is not cold. It's like 136 Fahrenheit. Personally, even 58F is pretty mild, to me, and really even sweater weather though a light windbreaker might be needed for wind or rain. After our brutal Texas August I'm looking forward to some cool weather.

58C is not cold. It's like 136 Fahrenheit. Personally, even 58F is pretty mild, to me, and really even sweater weather though a light windbreaker might be needed for wind or rain. After our brutal Texas August I'm looking forward to some cool weather.

Can't believe that I wrote C. :eek:

Of course, I meant F :D

Edited by H2Otstr

It was sunny and 8c in Budapest this morning. However it warmed up during the day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were in Kitzingen yesterday morning and it was around 45F and by afternoon all that was needed was a light jacket. The weather was perfect for touring.

We have passed and docked next to many river boats on this cruise. When we first started traveling on the rivers we saw very few boats. It us so different now.

We have been so fortunate to be able to cruise the distance with no problems so far. The boat has left earlier than planned and cruised slower than normal, but all tours are still on time and we are visiting all the cities that are on our itinerary.

We are on our way to Rudesheim tonight and will arrive in the afternoon. From there we will cruise to Koblenz but will arrive later than planned.

The weather today was beautiful. It was cool in the morning and warmed in the afternoon to where one only needed a light jacket. Of course the Canadians on the trip are wearing short sleeved shirts and shorts :D.

We have had some form of entertainment every couple nights. Each group has been very good. Tonight the entertainers had the whole audience up singing and dancing. They played for about 45 to 50 minutes.

One nice thing that AMA does is provide different types of tours in each city. Today they had a tour to the castle, a visit to a bakery to see pretzels being made, and normal walking city tour and a slower walkers group tour. Some days there is also a more active walking group tour or a bicycle tour. The groups of each type tour has about 15 to 20 people in it with a guide for each group.

It works out very nicely.

The flowers are still in full bloom but the leaves on the trees are just starting to turn colors. Those travelers who will be cruising in a couple weeks should see a big change in the colors.

We leave from Budapest on Viking Sept 26 ,I have found all the info useful sounds like Ontario weather 30c one day and 20c the next :)

We leave two days after you. Have you found any opinions on the optional excursions Viking offers or any tips I would love to know? Wish you were sailing with us.

Our group is travelling on Scenic leaving September 23 from Amsterdam and heading to Budapest. I have enjoyed reading about everyones experiences so far. Starting to get really excited!!! I am now checking long range forecasts for temps and rainfall. Need to start the piles of clothers for packing....not my favourite part of travelling.

Our group is travelling on Scenic leaving September 23 from Amsterdam and heading to Budapest. I have enjoyed reading about everyones experiences so far. Starting to get really excited!!! I am now checking long range forecasts for temps and rainfall. Need to start the piles of clothers for packing....not my favourite part of travelling.

The long-range forecasts will drive you crazy, as they will change as violently from day to day as the stock market lately. I find it better to track the average high, record high [things have been trending closer to that lately], and average low for each day in each city we will be visiting. It's about as accurate as the 10-day forecasts, and much less work. :)

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

We have just pulled out of Koblenz and are headed to Cologne. ETA is around 1 pm. The high today is supposed to be around 78 F and the low this morning is 60 F.

We are having our disembarkation talk at 10 am. Tonight is the Captain's farewell dinner.