MS Belle de Cadix, Andalucia

Wacktle

Correct, Squarevanman, it is part of the CroisiEurope fleet and a "sea-going" vessel. It means the company offers an itinerary on the rivers Guadalquivir and Guadiana. The ship is allowed to sail the Spanish coast. i.e. thus being able to combine the two rivers by sailing the costal stretch between the two rivers.

Their website for the UK is: http://www.croisieurope.travel/en-gb

Hope this works. My computer tells their website that I am in Germany, so things get a bit "muddled up" sometimes.

Have a great trip, squarevanman.

notamermaid

Think this is a CroisiEurope ship if my memory serves me. I will be reporting on my Venice Lagoon trip on (i hope) Sunday uk time. Would think ship and services would be similar.

Thanks! We saw the ship (Michaelangelo?) in Venice when we were on an ocean cruise. I hope you enjoy(ed) it. Really, what I'm interested in is the food. From the description for the Seville departure, lunch and dinner are "set menu". I'm a self-confessed fussy-eater, who doesn't eat fish and very, very little meat. As the river cruise line is French, I wonder whether any veggie alternatives will be offered. If not, I'll have to give it a miss. Let me know when your report is published.

We are taking this trip in Oct as part of a 2 week trip with the US company Road Scholar--formerly known as Elder Hostel. Will try to email while on the trip but definitely a report after. Pat

Also, thanks for this. As there are special offers on this cruise at the moment, we may have to decide very soon. However, I'd be interested to hear of your experiences, particularly with regard to the set lunches and dinners.

We have been on one other Trip on a CroisiEurope boat out of Bordeaux on the Gironde. Again we were a Road Scholar tour on the boat. Meals were at set seatings. Breakfast was buffet and good. Lunch and dinner were plated--several courses with basically no choice. The menu was published, so if the entree was something you could not eat, the Maitre'd would tell you what else was available. The food was quite good and very French on our trip on the Cyrano. Hope this helps. Pat

Lunch and dinner were plated--several courses with basically no choice. The menu was published, so if the entree was something you could not eat, the Maitre'd would tell you what else was available. The food was quite good and very French on our trip on the Cyrano. Hope this helps. Pat

Thanks. That's very helpful. I am now convinced me that this is not the holiday for me.

Thanks! We saw the ship (Michaelangelo?) in Venice when we were on an ocean cruise. I hope you enjoy(ed) it. Really, what I'm interested in is the food. From the description for the Seville departure, lunch and dinner are "set menu". I'm a self-confessed fussy-eater, who doesn't eat fish and very, very little meat. As the river cruise line is French, I wonder whether any veggie alternatives will be offered. If not, I'll have to give it a miss. Let me know when your report is published.

Have posted under a previous thread sorry forgot to mention veggie alternative. I did not see anyone ask and it was certainly a meat and fish menu. However I am sure they must cater for veggie options and would suggest an e mail to their local office. I have certainly found the London office very helpful.

Have posted under a previous thread sorry forgot to mention veggie alternative. I did not see anyone ask and it was certainly a meat and fish menu. However I am sure they must cater for veggie options and would suggest an e mail to their local office. I have certainly found the London office very helpful.

Thanks for the advice, but I won't feel comfortable having to ask for alternative meals, particularly on a French boat. Therefore, we'll pass on this one.