Florence

singlegrandma2

We are planning on taking train from Rome to Florence for the day since we have several days in Rome. Does anyone know if Ponte Vecchio stores are open on Sundays and if so what hours? I would also like to take my travel mates to Michelangelo Square. Since we are in our 60s what is the best way to get up there and approximate costs? I am sad that San Lorenzo market is closed on Sundays. Thanks in advance

We are planning on taking train from Rome to Florence for the day since we have several days in Rome. Does anyone know if Ponte Vecchio stores are open on Sundays and if so what hours? I would also like to take my travel mates to Michelangelo Square. Since we are in our 60s what is the best way to get up there and approximate costs? I am sad that San Lorenzo market is closed on Sundays. Thanks in advance

It has been about 4 years since I was in Florence over a weekend. I do remember that the shops on the bridge were closed on Sunday and also Monday morning (they opened later in the day on Monday). Perhaps this has changed in the intervening years but I rather doubt it.

You can either walk to Piazzale Michelangelo, catch the city bus (#12 & #13) or taxi. If you opt for the bus, it is easy to walk back down using the steps - all downhill.