Leaving today Paris to Barcelona

harbourside

Packed and waiting to go to the airport. Long, long flight to Paris from New Zealand. Extra day in Paris then board the AmaLegro for the Seine cruise, then the AmaCello from Lyon to Arles, then on to Barcelona. Booked early last year, so it has been a long wait.

The trip is with APT. A great itinerary which includes dinner and show at Moulin Rouge, Champagne tasting in Paris.

Will let you know all about in on my return.

Bye

We enjoyed the Rhone itinerary very much, and I am looking forward to hearing about your experience. Hope that you have a wonderful time!

Here's also hoping that the flights go quicker than you imagine. That is a tough itinerary. Bon voyage!

We enjoyed the Rhone itinerary very much, and I am looking forward to hearing about your experience. Hope that you have a wonderful time!

We loved our Rhone cruises as well. I know that AmaDagio was recently replaced by AmaCello on that itinerary. AmaDagio had an amazing staff and crew, and a huge personality.

Ports and excursions were great!

Enjoy the AmaCello!

We loved our Rhone cruises as well. I know that AmaDagio was recently replaced by AmaCello on that itinerary. AmaDagio had an amazing staff and crew, and a huge personality.

Ports and excursions were great!

Enjoy the AmaCello!

We are scheduled the end of August on the AmaDagio for our Rhone cruise. Did I miss something?:eek:

We just returned Friday July 15, 2016 from the 1 week on the Rhone cruise( Amadagio) and then the Seine cruise on the Amalegro This was our 5th time with Ama Both itineraries are great Great food,service excursions etc Both ships are leaving the end of the year they are 10years old and they keep ships 10 years Both are in excellent condition Did the new Amavoila in May in Amsterdam Great ship with all the latestHad great weather on both cruises Normandy beach was a highlight Long day but worth it.If you need more info let me know

We just returned Friday July 15, 2016 from the 1 week on the Rhone cruise( Amadagio) and then the Seine cruise on the Amalegro This was our 5th time with Ama Both itineraries are great Great food,service excursions etc Both ships are leaving the end of the year they are 10years old and they keep ships 10 years Both are in excellent condition Did the new Amavoila in May in Amsterdam Great ship with all the latestHad great weather on both cruises Normandy beach was a highlight Long day but worth it.If you need more info let me know

Glad to hear AmaDagio is still in good shape. We sailed her the first year she was out and what a beauty! If you have any info you would like to share, that would be great appreciated. We went to the Normandy beaches also but on an ocean cruise. That and the military tattoo were the reason we took that cruise. Thank you

All the excursions where great Did the Giverny one ( Claude Monet) wher he lived and painted Just great Rouen walking tour is fabulous too Also Auvers sur Oise where Vincent van Gogh lived and is buriedDo not know if you are in to art but worth it. In Lyon we opted for the limited editon tour of les Halles with wine tasting. cheesetasting etc On the first cruise The truffle farm tour and a chateau was great Any other questions you have let me know

We are cruising on the AmaDagio in November and wondering if my husband needs to being a jacket for dinner.

No. He wouldn't be out of place wearing it, but equally fine without. River cruise dress standards are very flexible.

We are cruising on the AmaDagio in November and wondering if my husband needs to being a jacket for dinner.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We sailed with her in November and the usual number of men wore sport coats - 5-10% with a bit more on the "special" nights.

Packed and waiting to go to the airport. Long, long flight to Paris from New Zealand. Extra day in Paris then board the AmaLegro for the Seine cruise, then the AmaCello from Lyon to Arles, then on to Barcelona. Booked early last year, so it has been a long wait.

The trip is with APT. A great itinerary which includes dinner and show at Moulin Rouge, Champagne tasting in Paris.

Will let you know all about in on my return.

Bye

Looking forward to hearing more. We are thinking about this for next year

All the excursions where great Did the Giverny one ( Claude Monet) wher he lived and painted Just great Rouen walking tour is fabulous too Also Auvers sur Oise where Vincent van Gogh lived and is buriedDo not know if you are in to art but worth it. In Lyon we opted for the limited editon tour of les Halles with wine tasting. cheesetasting etc On the first cruise The truffle farm tour and a chateau was great Any other questions you have let me know

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
We are scheduled the end of August on the AmaDagio for our Rhone cruise. Did I miss something?:eek:

Just ret from Spain & Provence on AMADAIGO . WOW!!!Great service, cabin steward "Alex",

dining room staff Varu, Ice Cream Alex etc. The food was fantastic.Wine was perfect Sign up for Chef's Table.

Trying to convince DH that we should try for Bordeaux next year

Have a great trip

Carole

Just ret from Spain & Provence on AMADAIGO . WOW!!!Great service, cabin steward "Alex",

dining room staff Varu, Ice Cream Alex etc. The food was fantastic.Wine was perfect Sign up for Chef's Table.

Trying to convince DH that we should try for Bordeaux next year

Have a great trip

Carole

Thank you! Just received our documents Friday. We originally wanted to do the two bike tours offered until the brochure said one was 15 1-2 miles and the other around 7. Hey, I'm going to relax not try out for the Tour de France! I did sign up for the Provence cooking class while DH will be going to Pont du Gard. I have some mobility issues so I know Pont would be too much for me. DH really wanted to go. Alittle nervous that we will let go of the joined hips but he also knows I'm a foodie and the cooking class is right up my alley. Yes, we plan on signing up for the Chef Table on a down night and will do that on embarkment.

We are flying Delta so I hope they get their "power outage" rectified by then! Feel really bad for the thousands of people stranded.

Before retiring here ion the SC coast, we lived in Connecticut, right on the NY border. Not far from you.

Glad you had an enjoyable time. We can't wait to go!!

Thank you! Just received our documents Friday. We originally wanted to do the two bike tours offered until the brochure said one was 15 1-2 miles and the other around 7. Hey, I'm going to relax not try out for the Tour de France! I did sign up for the Provence cooking class while DH will be going to Pont du Gard. I have some mobility issues so I know Pont would be too much for me. DH really wanted to go. Alittle nervous that we will let go of the joined hips but he also knows I'm a foodie and the cooking class is right up my alley. Yes, we plan on signing up for the Chef Table on a down night and will do that on embarkment.

We are flying Delta so I hope they get their "power outage" rectified by then! Feel really bad for the thousands of people stranded.

Before retiring here ion the SC coast, we lived in Connecticut, right on the NY border. Not far from you.

Glad you had an enjoyable time. We can't wait to go!!

Have a wonderful time. Did similar to you DH went to Pont du Gard. I did walking tour in Avignon. Just bring comfortable walking shoes. NO reason for men's jackets, ties etc. Ladies clothes were just slacks, Tee shirts & pashminas for night.If you do Les Baux bring a jacket/sweater as the wind does go through you. Sit on the bow as you transverse the locks its really interesting and the (very nice) staff will bring you beverages etc.

Carole