Will I have enough time to catch my flight at 10:10 AM?

No way would I ever risk it. Any delay coming in, getting off or going through customs and you miss your flight. Definitely not worth the stress. Take a later flight, enjoy breakfast, read a book at the airport if you must but don't put that kind of pressure on yourself when there are things beyond your control that will effect you making your flight.

Hello,

Our ship, Serenade of the Seas, will disembark at Fort Lauderdale on Jan 2nd at 7:00 AM (See Link).

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/10NightSouthernCaribbeanCruise-SR10D013?currencyCode=USD&sCruiseType=CO&sDateMin=2016-12-01&sDateMax=2016-12-31&sailDate=12%2F23%2F2016

The direct flight we are looking at departs at 10:10 AM.

Will we have enough time to catch the flight?

With this direct flight, it gets us into SFO at 1:29 PM.

If we take a connect flight that departs at 11:50, we won't get home until 5:45 PM and it's more expensive.

Thank you.

Danny

If there are ANY delays, you likely will miss your flight. We don't book any flight before noon.. I would rather sit at a park if we get off early, than miss our flight altogether..

Yes but with 3 ships in and the potential passenger load of over 10,700 passengers, resources for Customs and Immigration and taxis are stretched to the max. I still wouldn't do it.

3 ships, nonsense. I've seen more than double that lots of times with no more delay than any other time.

Edited by cruisinfanatic

My son missed his flight to Cincinnati in March. We were coming off the Navigator of Seas. Everything seemed to take more time. His flight was at 10:40. He had to go through the whole flight changes that cost his over $100.

He will not book a return flight until noon. Most times you probably be ok, but it stinks if your the one who didn't make their flight

you would need to be in the VERY first wave of SELF disembark patrons. as in among the first 30 or so off the ship and through Customs.

If you are okay with schlepping EVERYTHING from your cabin off the ship ( down stairs as the elevators may not be an option due to crowding) and you feel lucky....

I was pretty much going to say the same thing...last year we did self disembark on the Freedom and we were off the ship by 6:30, caught our shuttle to the hotel, got our car and was on the road by 7:04.

If you get off in the first wave and can carry all of your luggage off by yourselves, you should make it. Customs is not busy at that time and cabs are waiting. You should be able to breeze through Customs if you have not purchased a lot of things.

With all that said, I am paranoid when it comes to flying. You never know what could happen. The ship may not be cleared that early. We had to wait on a Carnival ship once for almost two hours because it was not cleared for passengers to disembark. Once we were able to start boarding, it was a nightmare. We do book flights later, rather than earlier.

Edited by Terre

IF you are flying out of Ft. Laud, then YES...you can certainly do it. If you're flying out of Miami...no way. The airport is 10 mins. away...you will almost certainly be off the ship by 8am, even without doing the self-carry stuff!

Hello,

Our ship, Serenade of the Seas, will disembark at Fort Lauderdale on Jan 2nd at 7:00 AM (See Link).

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/10NightSouthernCaribbeanCruise-SR10D013?currencyCode=USD&sCruiseType=CO&sDateMin=2016-12-01&sDateMax=2016-12-31&sailDate=12%2F23%2F2016

If we take a connect flight that departs at 11:50, we won't get home until 5:45 PM and it's more expensive.

Thank you.

Danny

If there are no delays you should be ok.

Ok, small Hijack alert....

I never do this and would never recommend the OP to do this, but...

What if, you did this and you missed your flight? I would love to hear what the average time home was. I.E. How long and hard to get on a flight? Do most people who fail at this exercise end up on the 2PM flight that they would pay more for, or do they end up paying for days of hotels before a flight opens up? I would love to hear the stories of those that tried and thru no fault of their own failed to make these early flights fail. I think that reality might make people choose better plans, but because of my bias it may be that most of these failures actually work out.

Hope some people will enlighten us.

JC

Like many other CC threads, folks just have to get their "me too" posts in before the thread dies a slow natural death.

Well, I tried. :p My theory is that when a thread reaches a certain length, people just hit "Post Reply" and type out what their comments, not realizing OP has already replied with thanks. *shrug*

Can someone tell me if we have Classic do we also travel to the different dining rooms but just at the same time each night?

It's a hijack, but let's answer it anyways. If you are doing classic dining, you will go to not only the same restaurant at the same time, you will go to the same table as well. I like it, as you get to know your waiter by the 2nd day. It's one of my favorite parts of cruising. ;)

It's a hijack, but let's answer it anyways. If you are doing classic dining, you will go to not only the same restaurant at the same time, you will go to the same table as well. I like it, as you get to know your waiter by the 2nd day. It's one of my favorite parts of cruising. ;)

Yes, they posted to the wrong thread by accident, but their question was also about Anthem and dynamic dining classic.

Wendy, what you posted is correct, you do go to the different restaurants at the same time each night. The rotation for the restaurants will be in your cabin when you board.

Reading this thread, convinces me that having the Port & CBP install -- and people start signing up for -- Global Entry is well worth the time and investment. Reducing the amount of time waiting on the queue for an inspector is well worth the price of admission.

Michael

Hello,

Thank you.

Danny

We were on Navigator this March at terminal 29 which is the least efficient terminal for disembarkment and there was only 2 customs agents. We were at FLL at 08:00 am. We self carried off the ship and there was a horrible rainstorm.