My time dining prepaid gratuities when booked

Wonder if the cash flow benefit of requiring prepayment of gratuities for MTD was overshadowed by a big decrease in passengers booking MTD?

I don't think so. Prepaying gratuities is now an option regardless of whether you have traditional dining or my time. The original requirement to prepay was before gratuities were automatically added to your sea pass account. The automatic gratuities for everyone is the main reason for not requiring prepayment.

We love MTD and still pre-pay our tips even though they don't require it

I had a really good experience with MTD on Brilliance at the beginning of the month. I was able to make reservations for every night (To explain... a) I like eating around the same time but early was too early (actually it would have been fine with the adjusted times in Europe, but I didn't know they were adjusting them) and late was too late; b) since I have a gluten sensitivity and need to eat gluten-free it's helpful to have the same server and assistant server; and c) as a solo cruiser who has been burned twice with random tablemate assignments the ability to (even likelihood of) have a table to myself (with the freedom to talk with people around me if they and I choose but be fine without conversing with anyone) makes MTD the right choice for me) and had the same service team and the same people around me.

And I also still pre-pay my grats as I like to have as much paid for before the cruise as possible.

The auto-grats have been in place for many years - the removal of prepaying for MTD only happened last year.

Not that many years ago...Feb 15, 2013 was when auto-grats were started by RCI.

It was around then as we started cruising again in 2011 and our first few cruises we had the envelopes for the individuals.

We cruised with Royal for the first time in December 2012 and gratuities were not added automatically to our account each day at that time. We received envelopes for cabin steward and dining room staff