Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

Hi @ all [emoji5],

although there is still enough time left, until the deployment 2017/18 will be ready, but it's never too early to speculate! :D

-http://201.220.14.28/sxm/MainMenu.aspx?ShipScheduleType=2

Browse up to summer (e. g. July) 2017

Cruise schedule of St. Maarten states, that during summer, Harmony, Anthem, Allure, Oasis and Adventure seem to stay in Caribbean and American waters.

Interesting - seems to be the first season, where Freedom otS will not spend any summer in Caribbean - maybe Europe??

-http://www.stranda-hamnevesen.no/cruise-calls

Cruise list Geiranger (Norway) for 2017 lists Serenade - she likely might sail the Scandinavia/Baltic itineraries we know from 2016/17.

-http://www.ptamsterdam.nl/nl/cruises-portal

Cruise list Amsterdam also states Serenade otS will call there in May, seems to be a transit port for Transatlantics.

-http://www.havre-port.com/show/2077

Le Havre cruiselist also currently lists Serenade of the Seas for spring 2017.

Vision otS returns to Venice in April 2017, after her repo from Dubai, and Rhapsody otS offers a TA to Europe in spring 2017 as well.

Maybe you also have some ideas??

I love to read these types of threads. Several of you know the history of each ship's deployments and are pretty good and guessing the future. [and of course you check the various port schedules]

I am looking at booking one of the Vancouver Hawaii reposition cruises in Sept of 2017. Any thoughts on the ships that will do that? I think those routes are likely to open in late April. Is that what you think? I have a cruise April 27, 2016 and hope to book while I am onboard.

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

The last prediction I placed on the other thread was on the 15th of August, I guess.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=47443699&postcount=2901

If I were to update the latest version would be

2017 Summer / Winter Deployment predictions

Deployment confirmed to great degree.

Adventure, year-round San Juan

Anthem, year-round Bayonne

Enchantment, year-round Miami

Explorer, returns to Seattle home-port

Grandeur, year-round Baltimore deployment

Harmony, year-round Port Everglades deployment

Legend, China, returns to Hong Kong home-port

Majesty, year-round Port Canaveral deployment

Mariner, China, returns to Shanghai from Singapore

Quantum, China, year-round Shanghai home-port

Radiance, returns to Vancouver home-port

Rhapsody, European deployment, Civitavecchia home-port.

Vision, returns to Venice home-port

Voyager, returns to Singapore

Deployment Likely

Allure, Port Everglades through late August

Allure, August eastbound TA, mini-season at Barcelona, November westbnd. TA

Allure, Port Everglades November to April.

Liberty, year-round Galveston

Oasis, year-round Port Canaveral

Ovation, China Beijing deployment. *Singapore leg confirmed

Serenade, European deployment, Copenhagen

Speculated deployment

Brilliance, European deployment, Barcelona likely

Freedom, European deployment, Barcelona likely

Indy, European deployment, Southampton likely

Jewel, European deployment *Venice?

Navigator, European deployment, Southampton likely

I think the list posted is probably pretty close to what it will look like when the deployments are released in the spring.

My only HOPE is that Bayonne, NJ will get some other ships for short stints to help fill in the busiest parts of the season and give cruisers in the northeast some choice other than just Quantum Class. I have traveled on Quantum of the Seas, and have 2 booked on Anthem, but don't think I will book another cruise on a quantum class ship. I'd love to see Freedom come to do some cruises from Bayonne over summer 2017 in addition to the Anthem schedule or maybe, another Voyager Class ship (we miss Explorer!) from the area for summer months.

I like the convenience of Bayonne, for us, no flying is involved. However, for our summer 2017, it may be another line or a flight to another port if we only have Anthem cruising from the northeast.

Just what I'd like to see in the deployment schedule for 2017/18.

Edited by SnappyNappi

:o

I've never been looking for a cruise this far out, but when does Summer 2017 (specifically to Bermuda) usually come out?

Anthem and Grandeur Bermuda sailings, among others, could come out as early as February of 2016, but would most likely be completely released by April of 2016.

I am looking at booking one of the Vancouver Hawaii reposition cruises in Sept of 2017. Any thoughts on the ships that will do that? I think those routes are likely to open in late April. Is that what you think? I have a cruise April 27, 2016 and hope to book while I am onboard.

Sydney Ports shows Radiance of the Seas arriving 4 October 2017. So I assume via Hawaii as usual.

I love to read these types of threads. Several of you know the history of each ship's deployments and are pretty good and guessing the future. [and of course you check the various port schedules]

Alright, well both Radiance and Explorer will be arriving in Seattle in May of 2017. (Those cruises are already available for booking.) If they decide to send Radiance back to Australia after her 2017 Alaska season, she will most likely do an 11/12 night Hawaii cruise in Sept 2016. And if they also decide to send Explorer back down to Australia, she will have a ~24 night Transpacific with stops in Hawaii, also in Sept of 2016.

Hope that helps. :)

Alright, well both Radiance and Explorer will be arriving in Seattle in May of 2017. (Those cruises are already available for booking.) If they decide to send Radiance back to Australia after her 2017 Alaska season, she will most likely do an 11/12 night Hawaii cruise in Sept 2016. And if they also decide to send Explorer back down to Australia, she will have a ~24 night Transpacific with stops in Hawaii, also in Sept of 2016.

Hope that helps. :)

Sydney Ports shows Explorer arriving 1 October 2017 so I assume no coastal USA trips if correct.

Sydney Ports shows Radiance of the Seas arriving 4 October 2017. So I assume via Hawaii as usual.

Good point.

An October 1 arrival in Sydney requires an early September departure from Seattle.

Thank you both for the details. :)

I have been on Radiance and Explorer and would be happy to take either of these in Sept 2017. [the spring 2017 cruises do not work for me]

Of the Sea Cruiser-- Would Explorer leave from Vancouver? As I understand it I could not board in Seattle and leave the ship in Honolulu. [PSVA or whatever the initials are]

Of the Sea Cruiser-- Would Explorer leave from Vancouver? As I understand it I could not board in Seattle and leave the ship in Honolulu. [PSVA or whatever the initials are]

The Explorer cruise i was referencing would be a ~24 night Transpacific cruise from Seattle, with stops in Hawaii, but ending all the way in Sydney. So if you're looking for just a Hawaii cruise, as of now, Radiance would be your option. I just wanted to make you aware of those Explorer cruises, in case you were interested.

:)

I think the list posted is probably pretty close to what it will look like when the deployments are released in the spring.

My only HOPE is that Bayonne, NJ will get some other ships for short stints to help fill in the busiest parts of the season and give cruisers in the northeast some choice other than just Quantum Class. I have traveled on Quantum of the Seas, and have 2 booked on Anthem, but don't think I will book another cruise on a quantum class ship. I'd love to see Freedom come to do some cruises from Bayonne over summer 2017 in addition to the Anthem schedule or maybe, another Voyager Class ship (we miss Explorer!) from the area for summer months.

I like the convenience of Bayonne, for us, no flying is involved. However, for our summer 2017, it may be another line or a flight to another port if we only have Anthem cruising from the northeast.

Just what I'd like to see in the deployment schedule for 2017/18.

I'd love a second ship in Bayonne, but I don't see that happening. It would be neat to have two ships during the summer. Maybe one doing 7 nighters to Bermuda, while the other does 5 night Bermuda and 9 night Caribbean itineraries. It would be nice...We can hope!

:p

I personally would love to have a Freedom-Class-ship out of Barcelona again, because those ships would be able to anchor at Villefranche and/or Cannes, the highlights on that itinerary in Med! From my side, Allure, Harmony, and Oasis could stay at Florida! [emoji5]

What do you think will happen?

Several deployments, mentioned above, should be true.

To answer questions from above:

-Radiance surely sails again Hawaii/TP in Sep. 2016/April 2017

-Explorer to offer > 20 night Transpacifics between Seattle and Sydney

But if Harmony left Europe in 2017, we wouldn't have VERY new ships here in Europe, in 2017.

2x Freedom Class (Freedom, Indy likely), 1x Voyager Class (Navigator likely), 3x Radiance Class (Jewel, Serenade, Brilliance likely), 2x Vision Class (Vision and Rhapsody likely).

For the Venice/Civitavecchia deployment in 2017, I see the following possibilities:

-Venice: Jewel/Vision or Vision/Rhapsody (repo Civi - Venice)

-Civitavecchia: Jewel or Rhapsody

I personally do not see any Quantum Class ship returning to Europe in 2017, since I see them to be deployed around Asia/Australia, and Americas, based at Cape Liberty.

Edited by celebrity_fan

I'd love a second ship in Bayonne, but I don't see that happening. It would be neat to have two ships during the summer. Maybe one doing 7 nighters to Bermuda, while the other does 5 night Bermuda and 9 night Caribbean itineraries. It would be nice...We can hope!

:p

That is what I was thinking... and it is only 'wishful thinking' that they would do something like that. In the Northeast, we don't seem to have any major issue filling the ships that they send here. NCL and Carnival both run 2 ships during the summer... I would think RCCL wouldn't want to give away that kind of market share to the competitors.

I am glad that we have gotten new ships here in the Northeast, but there just seems to be a lack of new itineraries during the summer on RCCL. A couple years ago, they had Brilliance doing a few cruises from Bayonne over the summer months and the Canada route in the beginning of the Fall on top of the Explorer itineraries. We did the 7-night Bermuda in the Fall on Explorer 2 years ago and thought it was awesome! Then they went back to the 9-night Caribbean/5-night Bermuda rotation again last year through October. I would LOVE a 7-day Bermuda option from Bayonne on Royal. We have done the 5-night and also the 7-night Bermuda and that 7-night Bermuda option (over the summer AND into the Fall) would persuade me to book.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cr...-terminal.html

When RCCL is going to expand in Miami with an enlarged cruise port, I am pretty sure, that some day, one Oasis- and Quantum-Class ship is going to operate from there regularly.

But that does not happen prior to mid of 2018, so still a littlebit too far away to speculate.

I don't know, if Navigator otS runs well out of Miami in 2016/17, if she will stay there year-round? So that she might be replaced by Freedom out of Southampton??

But which one should sail the 7 night Med from Barcelona than... :confused:

When do they normally release the Canada/New England itineraries?

thanks!

The 2017 C/NE Anthem sailings from Bayonne, Grandeur sailings from Baltimore and the Serenade sailings from Boston or Bayonne will most likely be released by April of 2016 at the latest and could be out as early as late February of 2016.

Love this thread!

Would anyone know when we could expect RCCL Australia 2018 itineraries?

Thank you much, I have a retirement cruise to plan for my DH :p

Australia is usually fairly late in the deployment process, but they should be out by April or May of 2016.

Not all that crazy for the Explorer in Alaska. That is an outdoor ship with the solarium being outside, the outdoor sports decks etc.

Would be great if Ovation went to Alaska with the indoor activities, poos, etc -- and the fact they marketed on those ships being "Cold Weather ships" however it is 100' longer than the Explorer, so I guess i would need details on the ports to see if it is even possible.

Again - Not saying that it would ever happen, but would be nice to have that option or to put a Radiance or Vision class back with more indoor area for a cold climate.

Edited by Firefighterhoop

Not all that crazy for the Explorer in Alaska. That is an outdoor ship with the solarium being outside, the outdoor sports decks etc.

Would be great if Ovation went to Alaska with the indoor activities, poos, etc -- and the fact they marketed on those ships being "Cold Weather ships" however it is 100' longer than the Explorer, so I guess i would need details on the ports to see if it is even possible.

Again - Not saying that it would ever happen, but would be nice to have that option or to put a Radiance or Vision class back with more indoor area for a cold climate.

Just speculating here... But maybe Explorer is sort of "paving the way" for Ovation to head over to Seattle in a few years. They might be apprehensive to put such a large ship in Seattle, and since Explorer will be increasing capacity for 2016 (compared to Jewel in 2015), it might be a kind of test, to try and find out if Ovation would be successful.

I would definitely do another Alaska cruise on Ovation if she was to head up there. Imagine the North Star when cruising Tracy Arm/Sawyer Glacier!

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser