Allure Star Class - first and maybe continuing impressions 5/29

This is #48 and first time on Allure. Obviously first time Star Class. We are in a Sky Loft and I'm traveling with one of my best friends. Franky, our Genie, met us at front of terminal after we went through the Star Class door. Your luggage stays with you through security. And goes through the scanners everybody puts their carry on through. I was worried about my bag fitting but it did. Then Franky whisked us to get checked in and on the ship. We were on Deck 17 in about 10 mins start to finish. Your bags transfer from a pier porter to a ship porter so if you're inclined to tip the porter do it before he takes your bags away.

In the cabin Franky set us up with our comp Voom Internet and there were fresh berries,Moet and deluxe canapés. The mini bar was stocked to the preferences I told him ahead of time.

I will be sleeping on the pullout. I have my own bathroom, closet and drawers on the main floor. But just one safe upstairs. The bathrooms have double showers.

Lunch is a the usual places plus buffet in CK.

So far Star is living up to its name.

0b9fffc314df54a919ad8c07ddd3f1b1.jpg

772d6e3c43f476267f66200734f7d70c.jpg

38988c6e8a7ec6ce469bb050594a6a09.jpg

8c7786555e1a4b38e9f38b8ae7a932da.jpg

e8ed2d1032264deffe4101548a60bc34.jpg

Sounds like a great start Matt. I hope it continues the same way.

Enjoy the use of "our" cabin.:p Take good care of her. Airbnb.

For sure Andrew. I have the clips ready. But we don't have "your" cabin attendants. It's Ranier and Imadi.

For sure Andrew. I have the clips ready. But we don't have "your" cabin attendants. It's Ranier and Imadi.

Unfortunate, but I bet they will be good. Sadly I am at home watching scopes from deck 17 on Allure and Harmony. Looks amazing in FLL today.

Am I correct that those are CK dinner menus, not lunch? Is there a lunch menu for sea days and is there only a buffet for port days, please?

Yes. Harvest and Vineyard alternate for dinner. Lunch and breakfast are buffet. There is a picture of the buffet above. Not extensive but things like mussels.

Actually I am assuming there is no menu for sit down lunch for sea days - but could be wrong.

Edited by MattInFLL

790fadf8edfe93bd2c3de192ab307cd1.jpg

100be8f96cdef4310d7e723a32ccb67d.jpg

5116d9a24076404e2410f60b945a8214.jpg

c01cc4266f4a7642a0bb08b661db6876.jpg

eaa961bfdf3a3c9c0d7c1a5b5506e4d0.jpg

Fresh made guac table side is worth every penny. Chef says they go through about 100 pounds of avocados a day.

Virgil our waiter was more than happy to go to the Sabor bar that's outside to get us non tequila drinks ( I'm a vodka guy).

No charge for food or drinks thanks to Star.

Yes. Harvest and Vineyard alternate for dinner. Lunch and breakfast are buffet. There is a picture of the buffet above. Not extensive but things like mussels.

Actually I am assuming there is no menu for sit down lunch for sea days - but could be wrong.

CK is open for lunch on Sea Days. Very light buffet in the SL on Port Days.

Franky came to the cabin before muster to go over what to expect for the week. For all the hoopla about the Loop message system, seems like the best way to reach them is by phone.

Franky is going to spoil me for future non Star class cruises. He will act like a super concierge and coordinate what we need.

They can make most anything happen. The only venue that is tight is the comedy club.

The only venue that is not free is Vintages. And just like every ultimate package, we would pay the difference in price on super premium drinks above $13. And there is no "bottle" service. But they will get cocktails to the suite.

He has 4 cabins total. 3 on 17 and an AS. He said they rotate week to week.

Time for muster !

Carolyn, do you remember anything about those CK sea day lunch menus, please?

Not Carolyn.....but can share the Oasis CK lunch and breakfast menus. Should be the same....or similar....on Allure.

ac239be5cc1d39f9cd173a135e88cee3.jpg

0502c81031a199c0da8ea145248ea7f3.jpg

Breakfast

d99205d9cc0b1ba0559c10290c3cd485.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Carolyn, do you remember anything about those CK sea day lunch menus, please?

I'm sorry I don't. We were traveling with the grandchildren and didn't get to eat lunch there. I'll be on Anthem soon (w/o grandchildren) so I'm looking forward to eating lunch there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm sorry I don't. We were traveling with the grandchildren and didn't get to eat lunch there. I'll be on Anthem soon (w/o grandchildren) so I'm looking forward to eating lunch there.

Are children not permitted in Coastal Kitchen?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Are children not permitted in Coastal Kitchen?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

They are, but it didn't appeal to them😉. They were 7 and 8 and wanted hot dogs and fries from WJ!

Edited by ARCruisinNana