Navigator of Seas April 23rd 2017 canceled?

Hi,

I am booked on Navigator of the Seas for the sailing on April 23rd 2017.

This is the second time this sailing is disappearing from sales.

The first time a few weeks ago it "only" went from wide open to "sold out" overnight and stayed that way for a few days until all inventory returned to wide open....

But this time it totally vanished - the reservation disappeared from my profile and can not be pulled up at all and what REALLY irritates me is - that the date of April 23rd 2017 is not listed anywhere as a sail- date for Navigator any more - it is not even listed as "sold out" :eek:

As I have already booked unchangeable air-travel for that cruise - what is your experience of RCI accommodating people when a cruise is cancelled?

- The possibly cancelled cruise is a 5 night - would they rebook me on Allure or Oasis on a 7 night starting also on April 23rd? That would be the perfect backup for me!:cool:

- Would I have to pay extra for the longer alternative cruise?:( I sure would hope not....:confused:

What would be the best thing to do at this point? Just wait?

Thank you very much for your input and help!

If the cruise is cancelled, they would normally give you consideration, such as OBC, price protection on a select list of similar cruises, and possibly an allowance for airfare change.

The best thing to do is to not change anything with your current booking and wait to be officially contacted.

Hi,

they are just looking at the same website and have no clue what happened....already tried that.

It seems the RCI call-centre agents do not have any more information than what you see on the internet.:rolleyes:

Funny is also before it vanished I tried to buy some extras but the cruse-planer would not let you buy anything....

Maybe I should make a backup-booking for one of the 2 alternatives to lock in the price - until this all gets solved?

I am really sold on the date as that is the only date my flight would work and they can NOT be changed - they are unchangeable and non-refundable !:(

I have emailed them now - asking wht is going on - maybe that way i get more information.

Still wondering if being rebooked on another ship for the same departure date but bit longer cruise is something RCI would do - without a lot of extra cost for me?

The alternative cruises are more than double the price I paid I paid for the possibly cancelled cruise...as I booked that one really early.

Edited by germanfflyer

... Maybe I should make a backup-booking for one of the 2 alternatives to lock in the price - until this all gets solved?...

Not a bad idea if you get your deposit back if you cancel.

We have had reports here of folks of being told by RCI agents that the cruise was not cancelled when others on the same sailing have received an official cancellation notice. So, be patient when dealing with RCI and call back several times if you don't like the first answer you get.

I had the same happen to me a Cruise booked with another cruise line, pick it up before been told found out no port berth booking checked other ports for cruise none to be found for my itinerary. Two days later email to say sorry ship redeployment

How did you check the port bookings?

Cruise is still nowhere to be found and missing from "my cruises" and can not be added when you try to pull up the booking number.

Also not listed as a sailing for Navigator in April 2017 on the website while many other ships display as "sold out" - so RCI reps telling me it is not showing up because it is sold out - is pure BS!

For what little its worth, I suspect re-deployment. We frequently cruise the last week of April/First of May and that is about the times ships move from winter to summer homes. I was about to book an 4/26 cruise out of San Juan a year or so ago and it disappeared the same way.

Hi,

the transatlantic to Europe is scheduled on April 28th 2017 - so I doubt that there is a redeployment for 5 days....

I suspect either a group-cruise or maintenance before Navigator goes over to Europe for the busy summer season.

Edited by germanfflyer

Hi,

I suspect either a group-cruise or maintenance before Navigator goes over to Europe for the busy summer season.

Germanfflyer, you could very well be correct in your assessment. I just can't figure out why it's so difficult for RCI to simply be honest about it and TELL us what the issue is. That way those (like yourself) who have other things hanging in the balance, can adjust their plans accordingly. I'm already checking out alternate sailings around that same date, just in case... :rolleyes:

Germanfflyer, you could very well be correct in your assessment. I just can't figure out why it's so difficult for RCI to simply be honest about it and TELL us what the issue is. That way those (like yourself) who have other things hanging in the balance, can adjust their plans accordingly. I'm already checking out alternate sailings around that same date, just in case... :rolleyes:

We are also looking at alternatives....haven't made airline reservations yet thank goodness. We were looking forward to our first back 2 back but we could also just do the 9 day only. Guess time will tell

We are also looking at alternatives....haven't made airline reservations yet thank goodness. We were looking forward to our first back 2 back but we could also just do the 9 day only. Guess time will tell

That is what our B2B would also be be but since we have the flights already we do need an alternative....Allure would be perfect but it is sooo much more expensive! Hoping they will cut us a deal if we need a place there!

Hi,

I am booked on Navigator of the Seas for the sailing on April 23rd 2017.

This is the second time this sailing is disappearing from sales.

The first time a few weeks ago it "only" went from wide open to "sold out" overnight and stayed that way for a few days until all inventory returned to wide open....

But this time it totally vanished - the reservation disappeared from my profile and can not be pulled up at all and what REALLY irritates me is - that the date of April 23rd 2017 is not listed anywhere as a sail- date for Navigator any more - it is not even listed as "sold out" :eek:

So SORRY...I booked the 4/23/2017 Navigator cruise yesterday. IT is a CHARTERED cruise. For a few days it showed on the RCI website as SOLD OUT so I figured this was the ship. The group announced the date/itinerary but not the ship. Yesterday The group opened bookings for 4/23/2017 on the Navigator and the bookings are coming in at a rapid pace.

RCI should be contacting you with this news...unfortunately, your booking for this week/ship will be cancelled.

Edited by JMG

So SORRY...I booked the 4/23/2017 Navigator cruise yesterday. IT is a CHARTERED Zumba cruise. For a few days it showed on the RCI website as SOLD OUT so I figured this was the ship. Zumba announced the date/itinerary but not the ship. Yesterday Zumba Fitness opened bookings for 4/23/2017 on the Navigator and the bookings are coming in at a rapid pace.

RCI should be contacting you with this news...unfortunately, your booking for this week/ship will be cancelled.

Yep, so sorry germanfflyer, here's the info on the Zumba cruise:

April 23-28,2017 - Royal Caribbean's newly remodeled Navigator of the Seas won’t be the only thing making waves. The Zumba® energy of 3,400 Zumba® fans will electrify and make for an unbelievable experience.”

https://www.zumba-cruise.com/the-ship/

Yep, so sorry germanfflyer, here's the info on the Zumba cruise:

April 23-28,2017 - Royal Caribbean's newly remodeled Navigator of the Seas won’t be the only thing making waves. The Zumba® energy of 3,400 Zumba® fans will electrify and make for an unbelievable experience.”

https://www.zumba-cruise.com/the-ship/

Just curious, I see they're offering four in a PR, I thought PR cabins were two people max :confused::confused:

https://www.zumba-cruise.com/pricing/