Empress of the Seas ~ July 28, 2016 ~ C&A Takeover Cruise!

Hi Friends,

This Thursday I'll be boarding the Empress of the Seas for a 4 night cruise to Key West and Coco Cay. A few weeks ago Royal Caribbean marketing team reached out to me and invited me on this sailing. They are having a top tier sailing for their C&A members, and a few social media bloggers on board (me!).

So my question is, what do you want to know about the Empress? I know this cruise will be different, but I'm still to check it out.

I'll be doing 2-3 daily periscope from the ship, so be sure to follow me! @mpoole3

Party. Chill. Repeat. :D

1. Are they doing brunch daily in the MDR as advertised or is that not happening?

2. Any word on future itineraries? Whether Cuba or otherwise; any plans to shake things up?

3. Are they sticking to the voucher for Diamond and above, or are they switching the VCL over to nightly DL?

4. Have fun!

Curious about the dining room menus Michael. Maybe the order for each itinerary?

Yeah I'm curious about that too Bob. I've been following someone on board now and it's all new menu's. I'll be having Chops night 1 & 2, and night 4 with the Captain, so I might struggle with checking them out.

1. Are they doing brunch daily in the MDR as advertised or is that not happening?

2. Any word on future itineraries? Whether Cuba or otherwise; any plans to shake things up?

3. Are they sticking to the voucher for Diamond and above, or are they switching the VCL over to nightly DL?

4. Have fun!

1. I'm also curious about this, I've heard it's just sea days?

2. I can ask for sure, I'll be with C&A director and bridge tour - someone will know something!

3. I hope they have the standard Diamond Lounge, but sounds like its just drinks on card on Empress. I'll find out Thursday night.

4. Thanks! So kind! :)

Yeah I'm curious about that too Bob. I've been following someone on board now and it's all new menu's. I'll be having Chops night 1 & 2, and night 4 with the Captain, so I might struggle with checking them out.

Not a big deal Michael, first priority is to enjoy yourself.:)

Michael can you find out if the rumor is true that they are not serving Stella on the Empress? [emoji3]

WHAT?! I'll get off the ship if I find out there is NO stella on board!?!

Haha! [emoji3]

Ok serious question. I'd like to know if they offer the drink cards.

Have a great time! Looking forward to this.

I also want to know about the drink cards, since we won't have the drink package!

D'ya wanna know what *I* want to know?

How the hell did they not know how bad the Empress' condition was before she went into drydock in Spain?

How the hell did they get it so so so wrong?

WTH?!?!?!?

I would not ask that at the Captain's dinner table.

Enjoy your cruise. I really enjoy your reviews, blogs, photos, etc.

I sail Empress in Sept. I have 2 questions:

1. I have been reading the dining room is very casual at dinner (many people in shorts, tee shirts, etc). I read you are dining in Chops but curious for your thoughts on the atmosphere in the evening

2. Are there any Coke Freestyle machines (or plans to add one)

Thanks in Advance

Edited by vavasmom

D'ya wanna know what *I* want to know?

How the hell did they not know how bad the Empress' condition was before she went into drydock in Spain?

How the hell did they get it so so so wrong?

WTH?!?!?!?

Just a wild guess but you didn't get an invite for this cruise did you?:D:D:D

I would not ask that at the Captain's dinner table.

Yeah, I got scared just reading it! :confused:

There are other places and people to ask. ;)

Captains will almost always tell you that they are the last to know "anything". :D

Edited by Merion_Mom

Thank you so much for doing this! I would like to see upper deck space, and possibly a tour of your stateroom. I have an oceanview stateroom, but even if you have an inside, a tour would still be helpful. I am wondering about the number of American and European plugs in the room.

Thanks so much, have a great cruise!

On our 7/9 sailing it was only on sea days. Mimosas and Bloody Marys were served at our table. You had to wait in line to be seated, so you couldn't pick your own table. It was really popular on the last sea day. We didn't have to wait long, but there was a decent line when we left. If there was an item you wanted that wasn't on the buffet (that day it was French toast), they would make it for you.

Thank you so much for doing this! I would like to see upper deck space, and possibly a tour of your stateroom. I have an oceanview stateroom, but even if you have an inside, a tour would still be helpful. I am wondering about the number of American and European plugs in the room.

Thanks so much, have a great cruise!

He has a Junior Suite. ;) :D