Question from a Toronto Blue Jays fan

The Jays will be playing the Yankees, Orioles & Red Sox during our cruise at the end of September. Should be exciting games. Any chance they will be televised in any of the bars or on TV? We'll be on the Explorer if it makes a difference. We usually cruise during the winter so I haven't paid attention to it before.

Hm, tough one. Where does your cruise depart from, and where is it going? Ship location and passenger demographics will determine the channel availability.

I coincidentally called RCI yesterday to ask if they would be showing the Olympics, and the very nice phone assistant pulled out a large list of things related to televised events and channels and told me that the Olympics will be shown. So, you could always call RCI (I used the number on their website) and inquire with them. :)

The Jays will be playing the Yankees, Orioles & Red Sox during our cruise at the end of September. Should be exciting games. Any chance they will be televised in any of the bars or on TV? We'll be on the Explorer if it makes a difference. We usually cruise during the winter so I haven't paid attention to it before.

First of all, I have no idea.

Second of all, WHY AREN'T YOU ON THE ROLL CALL?!?!??!

September 23, 2016 Explorer

And if you are including the Red Sox, you must be on B2B with

September 30

Now come over and introduce yourself properly! NOW!

;) :D

Hm, tough one. Where does your cruise depart from, and where is it going? Ship location and passenger demographics will determine the channel availability.

I coincidentally called RCI yesterday to ask if they would be showing the Olympics, and the very nice phone assistant pulled out a large list of things related to televised events and channels and told me that the Olympics will be shown. So, you could always call RCI (I used the number on their website) and inquire with them. :)

Thanks for the info. We're departing from Seattle and going to Victoria, BC, Astoria, Oregon and San Francisco.

First of all, I have no idea.

Second of all, WHY AREN'T YOU ON THE ROLL CALL?!?!??!

September 23, 2016 Explorer

And if you are including the Red Sox, you must be on B2B with

September 30

Now come over and introduce yourself properly! NOW!

;) :D

No offence, I'm just not into roll calls. I'm not on the B2B. My mistake, the Red Sox game is our day of departure.

All ships carry the same channels in North America. You can get them all on your stateroom TV, but if you want a certain channel on in the pub you might be able to ask.

The most likely channel to carry the games would be ESPN, so you can check their schedule as well.

If you don't get a concrete answer I'll report back after we go on Explorer August 19.

(Going to see the Jays play the O's on Sunday)

Edited by TBone2K

There is nothing exciting about Yankees vs Toronto.:rolleyes:

Sorry to report you will at the whim of whatever games ESPN International Carribbean happens to carry. They're most likely to carry a few of the games that are national broadcasts listed here...this list is added to regularly:

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/official_info/broadcasts/national.jsp?tcid=mm_mlb_schedule

As mentioned before, one option that may or may not work is to stream the games with the MLB.TV premium package and on board Internet...but it will depend on how fast your connection is, and whether the MLB app or website is able to determine where you are (if their on board Internet has unusual location codes based on the IP address they use, MLB may just block it).

Third, I'm sorry to say my own experience probably isn't comforting to you - last October I sailed on Celebrity Summit the week of the ALCS. NONE of the games were available on board. ESPN International Caribbean only carried the NLCS! I couldn't believe that the second last round of playoffs for 'Americas Pastime' wasn't available on an American cruise ship!

The best I was able to get were static updates on the MLB app's 'GameDay' and updates via Twitter. Occasionally - maybe 20% of the time - the Internet was consistent and fast enough to stream the audio play by play.

Sorry to report you will at the whim of whatever games ESPN International Carribbean happens to carry. They're most likely to carry a few of the games that are national broadcasts listed here...this list is added to regularly:

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/official_info/broadcasts/national.jsp?tcid=mm_mlb_schedule

Third, I'm sorry to say my own experience probably isn't comforting to you - last October I sailed on Celebrity Summit the week of the ALCS. NONE of the games were available on board. ESPN International Caribbean only carried the NLCS! I couldn't believe that the second last round of playoffs for 'Americas Pastime' wasn't available on an American cruise ship!

Actually the ship is registered out of Malta, so it's a Maltese ship. Anyway, we have Dish anywhere and with their app, I was able to stream, without interruption several Sacramento Kings basketball games in January. Perhaps your provider has a remote app?

As mentioned before, one option that may or may not work is to stream the games with the MLB.TV premium package and on board Internet...but it will depend on how fast your connection is, and whether the MLB app or website is able to determine where you are (if their on board Internet has unusual location codes based on the IP address they use, MLB may just block it).

The best I was able to get were static updates on the MLB app's 'GameDay' and updates via Twitter. Occasionally - maybe 20% of the time - the Internet was consistent and fast enough to stream the audio play by play.

We were on RC last year in October on Indy and the ball games were shown in the pub. We unfortunately got to see the Jays lose to the Royals. What was worse was we were sailing in a group that had 2 from KC.