Live Blog and periscope from Oasis 7/30-8/6

Today is our last land day before our cruise tomorrow. We will be on Oasis of the Seas from 7/30-8/6. Doing an eastern Caribbean sailing with stops at Nassau (7/31), [ 8/1-sea day]St Thomas ( 8/2), St. Kitts (8/3), sea days 8/4 and 8/5, returning to Ft. Lauderdale on 8/6.

This is our 7th RC cruise. We are me, 60yo, DW 56yo and DS just turned 18yo. This cruise is to celebrate our 19th anniversary and DS graduation from HS. DS will be sharing in this blog his views of being on his first cruise without participating in the adventure ocean program. We are staying in an owners suite cabin, so we can share our experience on the "new suite" amenities.

We are laid back types and believe any day (almost) on a cruise is better than a day not on a cruise.

We are also sailing with a long time friend of mine from HS...haven't seen him in 18 years; never met his wife. That alone may provide interesting stories. He too has never cruised before, that will provide interesting stories. They are staying in a balcony room.

So far our plans are to eat in the MDR the first night, Coastal Kitchen the second night. Our TA has given us $900 OBC; $100 of that must be used in specialty restaurants. We are considering 150 CP, eaten there before and loved it and Giovanni's table (never eaten there). We usually do not eat in the MDR, so other eating venues are up in the air. Izumi is on our short list, may do it for lunch along with sabor.

I will be blogging and periscoping ( @socialwork911) everyday..so if you need a vicarious cruise come along.

I'm going to try to follow but don't really understand how to use periscope. When you say your also blogging do you mean here on CC?:D

yes I will post here...periscope is a free app for smart phones which allow me to broadcast live while you watch and you can write questions to me in real time

hope you all caught my recent scope an hour ago...@socialwork911..dropped of the dog at the kennel...confirmed car service and finish packing...see ya all at the pier tomorrow..wooohoo

I will be posting daily

I missed your first scope due to work, but I look forward to more!

thank you...it's hard to see any comments with all the sun glare..but scoping tomorrow at the pier

I never responded to a post before. So I'm not sure if I'm responding to your post as a private message or if I am doing publicly. I apologize if this should be a private posting. My question is this: you said you received $900 OBC from your TA for an owners suite on Oasis There are three of us staying in an owners suite in November and I also reserved two additional balcony staterooms with 4 people in each. My husband and I paid for all the rooms so the family would be together for our 50th anniv. We made these reservations over the phone with RCCL 15 mos.ago. We did not receive any OBC. It seems that using a TA gives you benefits and booking directly with RCCl doesn't give you any. Did I make a big mistake using RCCL rather than a TA? Can you book with a TA 15 months ahead of the cruise? The entire cruise cost us $13,000. If we were to book it this month it would have been over $20,000.

I never responded to a post before. So I'm not sure if I'm responding to your post as a private message or if I am doing publicly. I apologize if this should be a private posting. My question is this: you said you received $900 OBC from your TA for an owners suite on Oasis There are three of us staying in an owners suite in November and I also reserved two additional balcony staterooms with 4 people in each. My husband and I paid for all the rooms so the family would be together for our 50th anniv. We made these reservations over the phone with RCCL 15 mos.ago. We did not receive any OBC. It seems that using a TA gives you benefits and booking directly with RCCl doesn't give you any. Did I make a big mistake using RCCL rather than a TA? Can you book with a TA 15 months ahead of the cruise? The entire cruise cost us $13,000. If we were to book it this month it would have been over $20,000.

no problem...your response is done as a post to the board and cruise critic does not like it when you give the name of a TA...you can private message me and I can give you the name of who I used. I always book directly with RCI so I can ensure I get the cabin and location I want...but then transfer the booking to a TA..this transfer must be done within 60 days of the booking...RCI does not really give any OBC unless they are running a special or you book on board a ship.....thanks for following me on this cruise

Did I make a big mistake using RCCL rather than a TA? Can you book with a TA 15 months ahead of the cruise?

It depends on whether you consider missing out on about $1000 in OBC a mistake vs. the control you have by having the booking directly with RCI. You can book with a TA at any time.