What has changed in 4yrs

Gratuities are charged automatically.

Two bottles of wine can be brought on with no corkage fees anywhere on the ship.

Solo cruisers get an extra point per night.

No smoking on balconies.

MTD no lomger requires prepaid gratuities.

As a Diamond member, three drink coupons are loaded onto your SeaPass daily for use during the DL cocktail hours at most bars around the ship. They are only valid during that time and expire daily. Unlimited cocktails are also available as usual in the DL during that time.

All other tier level coupons are also loaded on your SeaPass v having the paper coupon books.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Thanks - oh I like the sound of two bottles of wine ( is that per person ? )

In the DL is beer / champagne available during cocktail hrs ?

The wine is 2 750 ml per stateroom

The beer and champagne is available during cocktail hrs (brand I am not sure)

Also if you do purchase a drink package, not everyone in the cabin has to purchase one...

Edited by LilBlackDress

Also if you do purchase a drink package, not everyone in the cabin has to purchase one...

...and it can be purchased on board any day of the cruise as long as there are at least four days remaining including the last one on your itinerary as the cut off time for purchase.

Internet packages are cheaper but there are no more per minute plans. For a cruise under 7 days you are better off using your D discount on board for the one device SURF package. For over 7 days, buy the package before boarding since there's a sizable discount to do so.

P.S. While the price is better, the performance of the internet is not (on Explorer).

As a Diamond member, three drink coupons are loaded onto your SeaPass daily for use during the DL cocktail hours at most bars around the ship. They are only valid during that time and expire daily. Unlimited cocktails are also available as usual in the DL during that time.

All other tier level coupons are also loaded on your SeaPass v having the paper coupon books.

It's been a minute for me as well. With the coupons for the other tiers, are you given a list? I'm assuming you are :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's been a minute for me as well. With the coupons for the other tiers, are you given a list? I'm assuming you are :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes - a printed list of what is on your SeaPass card is among the papers that are in your stateroom when you board. If not ask Guest Services or your stateroom attendant to provide one. It is what would be by C & A tier previously provided with the coupon book.

As regular guest, I've noticed costs reductions everywhere from 2013: service, complimentary food, MDR, room service, even in the Windjammer.

If we talk about "operations", gratuities are now automatically included in your SeaPass account, but you are always free to go to Guest Services and request changes.

Formal nights are less formal: tuxedos are rare, long dresses are gone, suits are common, "just blazers" are predominant.

More specialty restaurants (tip: book EARLY as possible).

I can't comment for top tier members. But as gold, we are not longer welcome in the "welcome back toast".

Complimentary cabin upgrades are non-existent (the Upgrade Fairy died).

There are new menu's in the MDR. Cold fruit soups are gone and desserts are more limited and tasteless.

Not sure about 4 years ago but you don't have to wear your life jackets for the muster drill.

You may see more "service dogs" (on planes and on board).

But the CHAIR HOGS are still alive and well!!!!

Complimentary cabin upgrades are non-existent (the Upgrade Fairy died).

There are new menu's in the MDR. Cold fruit soups are gone and desserts are more limited and tasteless.

Not sure about 4 years ago but you don't have to wear your life jackets for the muster drill.

You may see more "service dogs" (on planes and on board).

But the CHAIR HOGS are still alive and well!!!!

Some things never change!

Thanks - oh I like the sound of two bottles of wine ( is that per person ? )

In the DL is beer / champagne available during cocktail hrs ?

IMG_0668_zpsibrt9q0w.jpg

and whatever cheap sparkling wine they have loaded that cruise. ;)

Edited by Merion_Mom

Wait What????? If I buy a drink package can my wife use mine? I'm confused? What do you mean not every one has to purchase one?

Wait What????? If I buy a drink package can my wife use mine? I'm confused? What do you mean not every one has to purchase one?

Not everyone in the same cabin must purchase a beverage package.

The person who purchases a beverage package, however, is the only one who can use it.

To cut down on sharing, it used to be that all occupants of the cabin had to buy the package - now you no longer have to. If you are the only with the package your wife needs to buy her own drinks and not use the ones from your package.

What are the DL cocktail hours?

What are the DL cocktail hours?

Do you mean "what" are they or "when" are they?

Most of the time, the hours match up with the traditional, set dining times.

When a ship has 5:30 & 8, DL drinking hours are 4:30 - 8.

When a ship has 6 & 8:30, DL drinking hours are 5 - 8:30.

One or two ships do it differently.