Bidding for a hotel in Miami

csr10236

Hello once again. I am new to the bidding for a hotel room. I've browsed both Priceline and Hotwire and was unsure what "star" I should chose for a hotel. I selected 3 stars and 4 stars. The 3 star hotel I'm a little anxious about. I was able to see a couple on Ocean Drive that were 3.5 stars that were reasonably priced although there was no option for number of people when looking for the express deals. We are a party of 3. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

Hot wire allows you to enter the number of guests. DON'T bid on PL if more than two. You are only guaranteed a room for two.. ie one bed. So if they don't have to give you two beds at check in. Many people have been charged rack rate at check in to change room types.

Check the hotel lists on betterbidding.com. But know the hotels change, so it won't guarantee what you'll get.

Personally I would only book 3, 4 or higher and stick to downtown and Brickell. Being peak season, high vacancy will limit what is available.

What are trying to spend? The Hampton Inn Brickell runs around $225 and is a great location with nice breakfast. Check the sticky above which might help you too.

Edited by eandj

Not sure what your budget is, but we also booked direct on Hilton hotels website. We're driving down and got two nights in a park, stay, and cruise rate for $325 with all taxes for both nights. Includes 7 nights parking ($5 for additional nights), and one way transport for two to the port. Lots of good options out there, and while Priceline/Hotwire can be good, we've found booking direct has made it much easier especially if there's any issues.

Hot wire allows you to enter the number of guests. DON'T bid on PL if more than two. You are only guaranteed a room for two.. ie one bed. So if they don't have to give you two beds at check in. Many people have been charged rack rate at check in to change room types.

Check the hotel lists on betterbidding.com. But know the hotels change, so it won't guarantee what you'll get.

Personally I would only book 3, 4 or higher and stick to downtown and Brickell. Being peak season, high vacancy will limit what is available.

What are trying to spend? The Hampton Inn Brickell runs around $225 and is a great location with nice breakfast. Check the sticky above which might help you too.

Thank you so much for the info. I am staying the last weekend in March (spring break.) I believe The Hampton was around 300 for those dates. My budget is to keep it around 150 PP (three ppl) total.

www dot betterbidding dot com is a good source for hotel identification and bidding strategies. Spring break will be a tough time to have a low bid accepted -- why give away a room this early at a discount when they can likely rent if for full price?

Good luck!

I would book a refundable hotel now then keep watch on the BB site or LMT is an option

it is unlikely you would find something in your price range downtown but maybe check airport hotel locations Blue Lagoon area

For Miami I prefer to pick the hotel & location I feel comfortable with

rather than bid on an unknown

Thank you so much for the info. I am staying the last weekend in March (spring break.) I believe The Hampton was around 300 for those dates. My budget is to keep it around 150 PP (three ppl) total.

So you want TWO nights for around $450? That will be tough during spring break time.

Are you looking at the nights of 30 and 31? Give us the exact dates to help you hunt.

Will you have a car? Staying further from the city will save you money. BUT, without a car, you don't want to be stuck somewhere for two nights and have to pay for trips to get somewhere of interest.

I just checked on LMTCLUB.com and see the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay for $202 per night for the last weekend in March.

You have to google around for a free membership promo code to join LMT as there is a fee to join. But LMT is a great place to shop and they have a cancellation policy which allows for you to change your mind up to 3 days prior to stay. No problems getting the refund. AND it is not a bidding or blind site. You can choose number in the room too.

If you join the HiltonHonors program for free on line, you will get a discount on the Hampton Inn and their other hotels in Miami. I see the Hampton does have a great price..$232. AND the location and free big breakfast is worth the money for three people.

Just to clarify Is your budget $150 PP or per room ??

$450 per night should not be too hard to find a room but $ 150 per night is a different story

Hello once again. I am new to the bidding for a hotel room. I've browsed both Priceline and Hotwire and was unsure what "star" I should chose for a hotel. I selected 3 stars and 4 stars. The 3 star hotel I'm a little anxious about. I was able to see a couple on Ocean Drive that were 3.5 stars that were reasonably priced although there was no option for number of people when looking for the express deals. We are a party of 3. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

I prefer Hotwire over Priceline any day. I have not had good experience with Priceline.

And I also like LMT. Very easy to deal with.

Yes I heard about that too.

And they do not come true on their "Low price guaranty".

I just checked on LMTCLUB.com and see the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay for $202 per night for the last weekend in March.

You have to google around for a free membership promo code to join LMT as there is a fee to join. But LMT is a great place to shop and they have a cancellation policy which allows for you to change your mind up to 3 days prior to stay. No problems getting the refund. AND it is not a bidding or blind site. You can choose number in the room too.

If you join the HiltonHonors program for free on line, you will get a discount on the Hampton Inn and their other hotels in Miami. I see the Hampton does have a great price..$232. AND the location and free big breakfast is worth the money for three people.

I am a HiltonHonors member and the rate I got after signing in is $340 Brickell area.