earliest you can disembark NCL SKY?

Mermaid71

Hi everyone,

Recently booked a 3 day cruise on NCL SKY for Oct 3-5th 2015. Its says it docks at 730am ,but I inadvertently booked a 10 am flight back home and to change it , it will cost me more than the cruise! Does anyone know if it docks earlier ( like overnight) and you can get off right at 730 or if it really pulls in at 730 and you cannot disembark untill custom clears it an hour or so later ?

Most cruises I have been on are already in port and cleared by the time you awake at 730 and they are kicking you off by 8am .

Thanks- just wondering if I should spend the money and change my flight.

:confused::confused:

Even if the ship is cleared and self-carry disembarkation starts at 7:30, the thought of getting from PoM to MIA through Monday morning rush hour traffic in time for a 10:00 flight is beyond scary. But the hit the change fee will put on your budget may make it worth the long odds that you will make your flight assuming you are not checking luggage and can check in and print your boarding passes on the ship. And that you are not of a remotely nervous disposition.

Last time we were in MIA, we got off the NCL Getaway at 7:15am. We were in a suite, so were among the first 20 people who got off the ship. We were at MIA sitting at the gate by 8:30am. There are a couple of things you can do to make this whole process as quick as possible:

1. Get your trusted traveler - this will pre-check you through TSA security most of the time saving you 30 minutes to an hour. http://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs

2. Consider upgrading to a suite just so you CAN get off with the first group.

3. Bring only a carryon bag so you don't have to check anything at the airport.

4. Print your airline tickets out on the ship the day before disembarkation.

5. Don't buy anything you would need to declare when arriving the US at the port.

6. If you must check luggage, then check curbside. Don't request any upgrades on your flight because if you do that, when you arrive, if you have been upgraded, you will have to go through the regular line inside the airport.

7. Definitely take a taxi between the port and MIA.

You CAN make this flight - I have no doubt, but you need to move swiftly, use you trusted traveler and do all you can to get off the ship ASAP on disembarkation day.

Hi everyone,

Recently booked a 3 day cruise on NCL SKY for Oct 3-5th 2015. Its says it docks at 730am ,but I inadvertently booked a 10 am flight back home and to change it , it will cost me more than the cruise! Does anyone know if it docks earlier ( like overnight) and you can get off right at 730 or if it really pulls in at 730 and you cannot disembark untill custom clears it an hour or so later ?

Most cruises I have been on are already in port and cleared by the time you awake at 730 and they are kicking you off by 8am .

Thanks- just wondering if I should spend the money and change my flight.

:confused::confused:

You should be off the ship by 8:30, if everything goes OK, but you might still be on board at 10:00 if immigration or customs is delayed, it is really impossible to predict. MIA is the one airport that you MIGHT be able to pull this off, but MIGHT is the operative word. My guess is you have about a 70% chance of making it and that assumes walk off and no bags to check at the airport. It helps is you have TSA precheck, and use electronic boarding passes.

Edited by zqvol

Rush hour is really not the issue as you can now take the tunnel over to the airport.

Where the tunnel exits onto the MacArthur Causeway drops you right into the gridlock of commuters who live on South Beach and work Downtown. Westbound traffic trying to merge from I-395 to I-95 is backed up to the tunnel mouth every morning.