Post Cruise in San Juan

bimbo123

Check with the cruiseline. They often offer tours on the last day. Your tour ususally included you luggage (sitting under the bus) and taking you to the airport after the tour.

One year we did the rainforest tour on the last day. Nice way to spend our last day.

Good luck and I hope you have a wonderful cruise. San Juan is our favorite Caribbean port.

One option that we have used twice now, is the tour company set up right as you leave the ship. For approx. $25 they take your luggage, load it into their van and then take you on an OSJ tour. Depending on your flight times, they stop for lunch allowing you free time to roam around. Afterwards they transport you to the airport. Much better than sitting in SJU all day.

Google San Juan Happy Tours.

We flew in and out of SJ last year, business class with American. We had an early afternoon flight, not enough time to do anything but a long time to sit and wait...We could not believe there was no business lounge for American or a partner. There was also no other lounge with a 'buy' fascility.

The cruise line trip and airport drop off is probably your best and easiest option. I certainly would not recommend too long at the airport!

Depending on the number of ships disembarking passengers in San Juan, the airport can be very crowded and waits for security and check-in can be very long. Be sure to go thru the agriculture inspection first thing, otherwise you will be sent back and have to start over.

We spent at least 6 hours trying to get out of San Juan when we were there and did not leave until the next day. Our flight was cancelled and we were booked on another that was cancelled.

Do your homework. Check cruisett dot com. There may be as many as 11,000 pax at the airport the day you leave. Check the San Juan board for many horror stories. Out of the 21 cruises I have taken, disembarking in San Juan was the worst.

To answer your original question, I would schedule a Segway tour of Old San Jaun. Luggage can be stored in the tour office.

Rick