Victory still in cocoa town

Hi, Pitbull - Thinking the same. I have a very dear friend on this cruise. It's also her first cruise and she was quite anxious. Hope to get some answers.

I can see that the Pilot boat is waiting east of Grills, but the ship is still not moving.

Maybe start a new thread "Are you onboard Victory right now"?

She's leaving late every cruise for the next few weeks. They are calling it a "Beautification project". We were told boarding will not start till 1:30 and she'll head out around 6:00p.

Your guess is as good as mine.

Medical, mechanical, delayed shore excursion arrival. Don't worry, she'll be fine!

Lou -- You and I think the same, but we have been on many cruises and weathered many reasons for delays. For anxious new cruisers, and their families at home, small unexpected changes can mean a lot. Unfortunately, I am trying to answer the "family at home" phone calls.

FYI - Up until two weeks ago, the cruisers on this ship were told they were sailing at 4:30 PM. Then they received a recent email that, because of "beautification projects", their sail time was moved to 6 PM.

Where is Cocoa Town?:confused:

Haha -- wondered the same, but it's something that many non-locals screw up so we are used to it.

Google map search: Cocoa Beach, Cocoa, Cape Canaveral .... at least two rivers and land masses away

Haha -- wondered the same, but it's something that many non-locals screw up so we are used to it.

Google map search: Cocoa Beach, Cocoa, Cape Canaveral .... at least two rivers and land masses away

Exactly!

The only time I have had a sail delay this long was when a crazy ex-boyfriend called in a last minute bomb threat to his ex-girlfriend's cruise with a new guy. As expected, nothing found, but the Sheriff Department had to get involved with bomb sniff, dog, and SWAT teams.That always takes a long time.

FYI -- in the meantime, Port Canaveral officials did a FANTASTIC job taking care of all of the passengers sent outside in very hot temperatures for three hours. Within 30 minutes, they had portable toilets, carts stocked with cold water, and buses with A/C onsite (for elderly/handicap people).

don't know why so late, but it is showing under way now.

Yes, showing the same SMSACE6. Thanks for everyone's feedback.

(Note for new cruisers: When you are told to put your phone in Airplane Mode it does NOT mean while you are still docked at your local US port.)

Edited by SeaBrz

• 2 months later...
Port Canaveral....Cocoa Beach, FL

Since when is Port Canaveral in Cocoa Beach? We were stationed at Patrick for many years and never heard 'Cocoa Town'. Cocoa and Cocoa Beach are two different towns and the Port is in neither.

Mrcruzdoggie, I am betting your condo neighbors were from 'away'? :p

Since when is Port Canaveral in Cocoa Beach? We were stationed at Patrick for many years and never heard 'Cocoa Town'. Cocoa and Cocoa Beach are two different towns and the Port is in neither.

Mrcruzdoggie, I am betting your condo neighbors were from 'away'? :p

I have lived here all my life and have never heard of Cocoa Town with a majority of my younger life living in Cocoa (Not Cocoa Beach)