Carnival Imagination 4 Day Review Mar 20-24, 2016

nc350

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks very much for the thorough review. I really enjoyed it because it helps me in planning our cruise in August. I was wondering though.....the Monday and Tuesday pages of the Fun Times which are titled "All Kinds of Deliciousness" look the same to me. Both have Tender Information, so I'm thinking that we're missing Tuesday's info on the Dining which I hope will be casual dress in the dining room. If you still have your Fun Times for Tuesday for the "All Kinds of Deliciousness"--- would appreciate it if you would share that with us. Thank you so much for your delightful review.

Thanks very much for the thorough review. I really enjoyed it because it helps me in planning our cruise in August. I was wondering though.....the Monday and Tuesday pages of the Fun Times which are titled "All Kinds of Deliciousness" look the same to me. Both have Tender Information, so I'm thinking that we're missing Tuesday's info on the Dining which I hope will be casual dress in the dining room. If you still have your Fun Times for Tuesday for the "All Kinds of Deliciousness"--- would appreciate it if you would share that with us. Thank you so much for your delightful review.

Californian, I bookmarked this thread because we are also cruising on the Imagination in August and I wanted to preview the activities before we boarded. I think you are absolutely correct about the Fun Times duplication, but the front cover for Monday (Catalina) says it is "Elegant Night" and the front cover for Tuesday (Ensenada) does not. Thus Tuesday will be a "Casual" night. (There's only one Elegant Night on this cruise).

I hope that's the info you need.

Edited by GradUT

Great review - I was reading along because I'll be on a similar cruise in July. Everything I read makes me look forward to it!

And then I got to your disaster with Prime Time Shuttle! This past Monday Prime Time Shuttle ditched my party (which included my 87 year old mother-in-law who uses a walker) at the San Diego Cruise Terminal. Like you, I had a prepaid reservation. After 45 minutes of trying to track down our shuttle, the agent on the phone told me that it wasn't coming, they had mechanical difficulties and I'd need to find another way home. :eek:

I didn't check Yelp before I booked (I'm guessing you didn't either) and boy, have I learned my lesson. They've been terrible for years. Hopefully they'll be out of business soon.

I'm sorry that you got to experience their awfulness, too! But it sounds like the rest of the trip was top notch.

thank you so much for your review! I will be on Inspiration in a week (First time on Carnival) out of Long Beach.

I'm sorry you had a horrible last few hours with the shuttle service. Were you able to get your money back?

Enjoyed your review..we are doing Inspiration next.. First time on a ship that size. My parents would enjoy the wine tour I'm sure in Ensenada. I will probably book thru Carnival as they are nervous travelers. Btw, any problems with the sombrero on the plane? I had to chuckle when I read that!

I will repost this on Thursday when I'm off work... Sorry about that!

thank you so much for your review! I will be on Inspiration in a week (First time on Carnival) out of Long Beach.

I'm sorry you had a horrible last few hours with the shuttle service. Were you able to get your money back?

Shockingly I just got a credit on my credit card statement! Full prepaid back! Was super happy. They made it right!:D

Enjoyed your review..we are doing Inspiration next.. First time on a ship that size. My parents would enjoy the wine tour I'm sure in Ensenada. I will probably book thru Carnival as they are nervous travelers. Btw, any problems with the sombrero on the plane? I had to chuckle when I read that!

Sombrero went well.... We were flying Westjet plus.... Had a bit of extra room

• 4 months later...
Ohhhhhhh........ I forgot to mention we left a bit late from Catalina Island as the ship’s one anchor did not come up. We were sitting at an angle for about an hour which was a little interesting in the Main Dining Room. Soon enough those it was repaired, both anchors up and away we went! Our Cruise Director Robin was extremely good at keeping us informed and updated throughout!

I was on this cruise, too, and this was a pretty exciting experience. We were sitting at a table up on the Lido deck, looking out across the pool towards Catalina Island and suddenly realized we could no longer see the island (but we weren't moving). Then we realized all the water was pouring out of the side of the pool. We asked a waiter who passed what was going on and he said nothing, but then pretty soon here comes the announcement about the anchor being stuck. Haha! We knew it! It was pretty extreme feeling up that high, but kudos to the crew who fixed the problem and got us back to smooth cruising. :)

I'm enjoying your review and pictures! This was my first cruise and we had so much fun! We're booked for a longer one on the Miracle next Spring Break.

I was on a Princess Coastal cruise around this same time and had the same issues with Prime Time - had to cancel them and get a shuttle with another company after arguing for 30 minutes or more. Never will I attempt to use Prime Time again !!

I was on this cruise, too, and this was a pretty exciting experience. We were sitting at a table up on the Lido deck, looking out across the pool towards Catalina Island and suddenly realized we could no longer see the island (but we weren't moving). Then we realized all the water was pouring out of the side of the pool. We asked a waiter who passed what was going on and he said nothing, but then pretty soon here comes the announcement about the anchor being stuck. Haha! We knew it! It was pretty extreme feeling up that high, but kudos to the crew who fixed the problem and got us back to smooth cruising. :)

I'm enjoying your review and pictures! This was my first cruise and we had so much fun! We're booked for a longer one on the Miracle next Spring Break.

I remember that! We were at dinner things slid everywhere. lol table mates were not impressed