Ice Cream

deborahjo

I am sure this is just too simple, but, why doesn't that lady just tell her kids they are not allowed to eat ice cream at all times of the day and night? I guess that is what you mean by poor parenting, it is just baffling to me.

That is exactly what I mean. These people that let their "little angels" run amok with no supervision and have zero control over them try to ruin it for everyone else. If my kids couldn't have ice cream at 3AM, then they wouldn't. They should be in bed like normal people along with their parents.

Not just the kids... One early morning I was getting sunrise pics, a senior gentleman wearing flip flops and a bathrobe was getting himself a HUGE ice cream, he turned to us and smiled and said "had to sneak out to get this before the misses wakes up, she would tear me a new one if she knew, she thinks I goin to the gym" with that he gave a wink and shuffled off! I had to laugh!

Not just the kids... One early morning I was getting sunrise pics, a senior gentleman wearing flip flops and a bathrobe was getting himself a HUGE ice cream, he turned to us and smiled and said "had to sneak out to get this before the misses wakes up, she would tear me a new one if she knew, she thinks I goin to the gym" with that he gave a wink and shuffled off! I had to laugh!

Hahahahahaha! Now that is funny! :D

I love carnival but the ice cream tasted like it was made with skim milk to me.

That might have been the frozen yogurt. The ice cream (or dessert mix as was posted) is rich and tasty. The frozen yogurt tastes like it's made from skim milk and is more ice-milky than creamy.

Always check the top of the machine for the label.

That might have been the frozen yogurt. The ice cream (or dessert mix as was posted) is rich and tasty. The frozen yogurt tastes like it's made from skim milk and is more ice-milky than creamy.

Always check the top of the machine for the label.

The first ingredient in the " frozen dessert mix " is water, it's the carrageenan that's added to the water that makes it thick and creamy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrageenan

Edited by sanmarcosman

John does not post these questions on a personal whim. The questions come from Carnival corporate and he is paid a salary to perform this function as a part of his job description.

All CD's say the same spiel, which is pre-approved by corporate bosses, bean counters and lawyers.

A CD who voiced his own opinion would find himself looking for another job when that particular cruise is over.

JH's "blog" consists of corporate messages, not his personal whims.

All CD's say the same spiel, which is pre-approved by corporate bosses, bean counters and lawyers.

A CD who voiced his own opinion would find himself looking for another job when that particular cruise is over.

JH's "blog" consists of corporate messages, not his personal whims.

There is certainly a script of some sort for them to follow, but JH goes off script a fair bit I would think. Some of the stuff he posts would have had him fired from other corporations.

There is certainly a script of some sort for them to follow, but JH goes off script a fair bit I would think. Some of the stuff he posts would have had him fired from other corporations.

I do not believe he is in any danger.......;) You might be surprised at how high in esteem he is held in regards by senior mgt at Carnival.

Here's a crazy idea: There's more than one reason why different posts are made on JH's page. Some are intended to collect favorable data or create a favorable spin for some bad news, for example, "Look, most people said they don't want the chocolates, so we listened!" These examples tend to make people paranoid.

Most posts, however, are obviously intended only to increase interaction with the page, like any good marketing. When you post, "I love the ice cream! Don't take it away!" your 400 closest friends may see this exciting post in their news feeds. Polls that everyone can relate to and controversial topics that stir people up both result in more page interaction.

JH's posts are also intended to create positive feelings toward Carnival and make his fans feel like they are part of a special club (including tacky inside jokes and defending JH from supposed bullies). This is where it starts to seem unprofessional, but obviously Carnival approves of the result.

I look at it like this: Money cannot buy you happiness, but it can buy cows and cream comes from cows and cream makes ice cream and ice cream makes me HAPPY!

Please see the photos of the cartons these frozen dessert "products" come from in post #31 of this thread. You won't see the word cream on the list of ingredients.

We missed the free ice cream on Princess

Princes has free ice-cream. It's not self-serve, but it's free and pretty good! They charge for gelato but not the regular soft serve stuff!

I do not believe he is in any danger.......;) You might be surprised at how high in esteem he is held in regards by senior mgt at Carnival.

Didn't say he was Jimbo. I said if he worked at other companies I don't think it would be the same result. Obviously Carnival feels JH is doing a good job, and I would agree...he has a large following, but social media makes it harder for guys with his sense of humor (spelled correctly) to not get attacked.

Didn't say he was Jimbo. I said if he worked at other companies I don't think it would be the same result. Obviously Carnival feels JH is doing a good job, and I would agree...he has a large following, but social media makes it harder for guys with his sense of humor (spelled correctly) to not get attacked.

Can't argue that (or the way you spell...;) no extra vowels)

Edited by jimbo5544

If CCL wants to continue to be the FUN Ships then they need ways to keep folks out partying at night ... and that includes having ample alcohol available and feeding them fun food like Pizza and Ice Cream.

Yes, Yes, I know CCL also claims to be the family friendlyist cruise line but the partiers are a huge revenue source for them above and beyond the families with kids.:D

Oh great, lets stir the pot not about ice cream.

He is asking a simple question... why can't people just answer without thinking of a motive? He always asks simple questions for discussion, and not all have resulted in change.

Time will tell......;)

We missed the free ice cream on Princess

We're just off the Caribbean Princess after 21 days (as of 4.10.16), Scoops was busy non stop w free ice cream.

Whacha mean "miss the free ice cream"? :confused:

I think sometimes folks spend way too much time on these sites, since you asked...

Also, my guess would be that he has specific questions he's asked to post, he has random thoughts he throws out for entertainment and he has Marketing-type questions (like "why do you feel Carnival has the best dining room staffs?") that are meant to cause readers to raise their opinions. I think the more random thoughts he throws in the more it masks the pointed questions from management.

Also, I think this is pot-stirring

Edited by musikfans