New suite perks

ambkch22

Does anyone know what the new perks Carnival will be adding with having a suite room? John mentioned it, but never said what it will be. Anyone know?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Good to hear this is in the works, now I just want to know what the new perks will be! lol I don't get the feeling Cheers will be included, but I could see it including all the FTTF perks and maybe complimentary specialty dinning. Time will tell.

If they will be adding suite perks, and we have a Vista suite on the Pride, should I wait to see what they are before I get the FTTF?

If you don't have a tender port there is no need for FttF with a Suite. You get priority embarkation/debarkation. The only real perk you get with FttF besides embarkation is priority tender. I wouldn't buy it.

If they will be adding suite perks, and we have a Vista suite on the Pride, should I wait to see what they are before I get the FTTF?

I would buy it now, you can always cancel it up to the day before.

Yes!!! Last night we booked a Grand Suite on the Paradise for our wedding cruise... and I get on cruise critic and see this today! Cant wait to find out.... Ive been in suites a few times and the perks were lacking

Sent from my SM-N910P using Forums mobile app

Edited by StingRaysfan

If they are finally offering suite perks after all these years (took them such a long time to launch a loyalty program years after all the other lines, and then in true Carnival tradition destroyed it by trying to micromanage it), I imagine these perks will be offered out to others for a price.

I imagine Carnival will be the first line to embark on a la carte pricing. It's trending that way.

Good to hear this is in the works, now I just want to know what the new perks will be! lol I don't get the feeling Cheers will be included, but I could see it including all the FTTF perks and maybe complimentary specialty dinning. Time will tell.

Complimentary speciality dining & internet access is what I am rooting for....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I imagine Carnival will be the first line to embark on a la carte pricing. It's trending that way.
Maybe second. Right now, I'd say Norwegian is the closest to a la carte among the Big Three. (CCL, NCL, and RCI.) They're halfway there already with the largest number of pay-for options onboard.

I would go ahead and buy FTTF now, if you want it. I book Suites and FTTF, every time now. I buy FTTF even though I have VIP Check-in, Priority Emabark, and Priority Debark with the Suite, and an excursion booked at my Tender port that already gets me on the first Tender.

Here's why I buy FTTF:

• VIP GS line
  • My Suite is guaranteed ready upon embarkation
  • Expedited luggage
  • Priority dining reservations (admittedly, I haven't used this feature yet, but it might come in handy on this next cruise)

I consider the $60 for FTTF as being part of the Suite price. This way, I'm purchasing my own "Suite Perks". Although it will be nice if they do, I wouldn't count on Carnival actually giving me any Suite perks. If they do include the FTTF perks, and the change is instituted before my saildate, I expect I'll be able to get a refund of my $60.

I agree with the PP that said internet and specialty dining would be nice Suite Perks - those are two things that we already plan on purchasing onboard. Maybe a complimentary photo or two as well? These perks would cost Carnival corp. very little and would make the Suite guests feel appreciated.

All this being said, my skepticism tells me whatever "free" perks Carnival decides to "give" to Suite guests will just be rolled into the cruise fare for the Suites - I predict Suite prices will go up to "pay for" these perks. Carnival's not going to give us anything.;)

I would go ahead and buy FTTF now, if you want it. I book Suites and FTTF, every time now. I buy FTTF even though I have VIP Check-in, Priority Emabark, and Priority Debark with the Suite, and an excursion booked at my Tender port that already gets me on the first Tender.

Here's why I buy FTTF:

• VIP GS line
  • My Suite is guaranteed ready upon embarkation
  • Expedited luggage
  • Priority dining reservations (admittedly, I haven't used this feature yet, but it might come in handy on this next cruise)

I consider the $60 for FTTF as being part of the Suite price. This way, I'm purchasing my own "Suite Perks". Although it will be nice if they do, I wouldn't count on Carnival actually giving me any Suite perks. If they do include the FTTF perks, and the change is instituted before my saildate, I expect I'll be able to get a refund of my $60.

I agree with the PP that said internet and specialty dining would be nice Suite Perks - those are two things that we already plan on purchasing onboard. Maybe a complimentary photo or two as well? These perks would cost Carnival corp. very little and would make the Suite guests feel appreciated.

All this being said, my skepticism tells me whatever "free" perks Carnival decides to "give" to Suite guests will just be rolled into the cruise fare for the Suites - I predict Suite prices will go up to "pay for" these perks. Carnival's not going to give us anything.;)

In the scheme of things nothing is free with Carnival or any other cruise line. Anything that is given has a ROI attached.

The prices of suites will reflect demand just like any category of cabins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don't have a tender port there is no need for FttF with a Suite. You get priority embarkation/debarkation. The only real perk you get with FttF besides embarkation is priority tender. I wouldn't buy it.

Not true-rooms ready early, bags early, dedicated line at Guest services....

DW and I would like to have a "perk" that only those persons who are staying in Suites are allowed to have regardless of VIFP or FTTF status. What I am talking about, for example, is a reception similar the one for Diamond and Platinum Cruisers. The only difference would be that unless you are staying in a Suite--YOU ARE NOT INVITED TO ATTEND!!! In the same scenario, other perks could be added which are specific to SUITES ONLY. Moreover, IMHO, the less expensive such Suite Specific perks are to CCL, the more likely the Cruise Line is to consider them. This is the direction I hope that CCL is heading in regards to additional Suite Perks.

So... Carnival is finally getting "in the game" by supporting meet-n-greets. How many years did it take them to come around?

Now, there's apparent changes coming to the suite perks list. I'm not holding my breath, but let's see what Carnival can come up with.

Things I've suggested over the YEARS:

> Room service: Expanded menu (particularly HOT breakfast)

> VIFP points: Bonus points for suite guests

> Specialty dining: Cover for two (one night) - thinking about their capacity, with many ships having just a single venue, I doubt they'll go this far. Not to mention that there are plenty of ships where this would be worthless

> Internet: Some type of discount or free package

> Beverages: Discount on Cheers or a couple/few coupons for complimentary drinks

> Laundry: Similar to Platinum guests (I'd guess)

> ... probably others, but it's been sooooo long!

Of course there's things which other lines offer, but I think some of that would be stretching it w/Carnival - such as: Suite lounge w/complimentary drinks in the evening or priority/reserved seating in shows.

There's really no telling - but let's just sit back and see what comes down the pike!

Tom

So... Carnival is finally getting "in the game" by supporting meet-n-greets. How many years did it take them to come around?

Now, there's apparent changes coming to the suite perks list. I'm not holding my breath, but let's see what Carnival can come up with.

Things I've suggested over the YEARS:

> Room service: Expanded menu (particularly HOT breakfast)

> VIFP points: Bonus points for suite guests

> Specialty dining: Cover for two (one night) - thinking about their capacity, with many ships having just a single venue, I doubt they'll go this far. Not to mention that there are plenty of ships where this would be worthless

> Internet: Some type of discount or free package

> Beverages: Discount on Cheers or a couple/few coupons for complimentary drinks

> Laundry: Similar to Platinum guests (I'd guess)

> ... probably others, but it's been sooooo long!

Of course there's things which other lines offer, but I think some of that would be stretching it w/Carnival - such as: Suite lounge w/complimentary drinks in the evening or priority/reserved seating in shows.

There's really no telling - but let's just sit back and see what comes down the pike!

Tom

I think those are all great ideas. I am not holding my breath as well when it comes to Carnival. My guess is maybe some surprise in our bedroom on night one and maybe they can use the plat/gold/vifp line at customer service. John seems to be ignoring the question or pushing it off, so once again it could be absolutely nothing.