No Blues and Reds

CruiseHealing

Before I get started, I know I will get flamed like a college bound fire before the big game. But I am going to ask the questions just to see what interest is out there.

We just got of the Sunshine's last 8 day cruise. I know all cruises include a lot of newbies, but as I had to go around a bunch of wandering red and blue cruisers on the Lido Deck and Staircases. I was wondering:

Would there be an interest for Carnival to create a cruise just for Diamond, Platinum and Gold Cruisers? This cruise would have special activities and beverage (as well as other items) prices. No newbies (red or blues) would be allowed. Just experienced Carnival cruisers.

This is just an interesting thought and I am not looking to create some big issue. But, I would be interested in being on a cruise where the passengers are as experience with Carnival as myself.

Take a Journeys cruise. DH and I played a game to see who could spot the most blue cards this past March on the Liberty. I found 6 and he saw 4. This was more than our 2 week Pride repo in 2015 where we only saw a couple.The longer cruises ARE mostly Diamonds and Platinums followed by Gold. Very few reds and blues.

Then again...the Journeys cruises apparently don't generate the revenue like other cruises...not seeing many new ones coming out.

Take a Journeys cruise. DH and I played a game to see who could spot the most blue cards this past March on the Liberty. I found 6 and he saw 4. This was more than our 2 week Pride repo in 2015 where we only saw a couple.The longer cruises ARE mostly Diamonds and Platinums followed by Gold. Very few reds and blues.

Then again...the Journeys cruises apparently don't generate the revenue like other cruises...not seeing many new ones coming out.

So true!

But many blue card holders can be experienced cruisers, just not Carnival experienced.

Only see the Hawaii cruises repeating.

Edited by SadieN

Would there be an interest for Carnival to create a cruise just for Diamond, Platinum and Gold Cruisers? This cruise would have special activities and beverage (as well as other items) prices. No newbies (red or blues) would be allowed. Just experienced Carnival cruisers.

No, absolutely not. We were on one of the first Journeys cruises and because of the great price given to Platinum and Diamond cruisers, less than 20% were not priority. With that many priority people, no one received the treatment Platinum and Diamond were used to because you can't give everyone priority and still have anyone feel special. The VIP lounges and lines were just overwhelmed.

Still a great cruise and I would do it again in a heartbeat, but would know there be no special treatment.

Carnival wouldn't do it because those of us that are experienced don't spend the money like the newbies. Our recent Journeys cruises there were a lot of Platinum and Diamond and you rarely seen anyone (other than us LOL) buying drinks on Lido (lots of times we would be the only ones with a drink:eek:), rarely anyone getting their pics made, etc.

sometimes experience means something....experienced surgeon...experienced auto-mechanic.....experienced pilot......experienced lawyer...................experienced cruiser?? means nothing.........

Kim

Edited by NoName

I love seeing blue cards. We turned gold on our last cruise but travelled with newbies. It was so much fun showing them the ropes. And I asked several people at the bar if it was their first cruise when I saw their blue card ( and other posters are right, it just may be their first Carnival cruise). They asked "how did you know?" Even helped one plan an excursion that got cancelled because he didn't have the full wifi package. And my 6yo daughter was still red (gold next cruise!). Would she have to stay home?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just because someone has a blue card in their possession, it doesn't necessarily mean they are a cruise newbie. They could have a boat load of cruises under their belt with another cruise line or several cruise lines and they finally decided to give Carnival a go.

Just remember, you were a newbie once. We all have to start somewhere.

Not saying you didn't do this because I wasn't there, but instead of thinking about why you don't want a newbie there next time you have to simply go around them on the stairs, maybe ask them where they're going and help them out if they look confused.

You might make a friend.

But what about the Platinum's that NEED to wave their Plat card around in front of the Blue & Red cruisers like they're royalty? :D

Personally I don't like the idea of a Gold-Plat-Diamond cruise, but hey... if that's your thing and they can pull it off, then go for it. Just don't plan to see my crew there. That's not what cruising is about for us.

ACM -All Cruisers Matter! :cool:

Edited by The4Cruisers

It's an interesting concept, but since Carnival is mostly concerned with the bottom line, anything that restricts that is likely to be a no-go.

Personally I enjoy cruising with a diverse group of cruisers....newbies, experienced, super experienced, and those that have nothing better to do than cruise! They're all special in their own way and fun to be around!

That being said, I think Carnival should do more for their Diamond passengers (even though I'm not one yet!).

It is an interesting idea, but like others said carnival is there for the bottom line and red/blue cruisers and cruise newbies in general are probably more likely to buy the pictures, merchandise, and other stuff because it's one of their first/only cruises so they want to make the best of it. Not saying plat/diamond don't spend too, but they may not spend as much per cruise.

Doesn't make sense because someone could have gone on 100 cruises on another line, but might be trying Carnival out for the first time. They very well could be more experienced than even the most experienced Diamond on board.

And incidentally, I may have only gone on one cruise so far, but I am addicted and currently live and breathe cruises. I pretty much spend every spare second I have reading these forums and various Carnival social media pages. I have a heck of a lot of knowledge about cruising in my head, and take offense at someone assuming that I know little about cruising just because I'm a new cruiser. You shouldn't judge people according to the color of their S&S card.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by bakersdozen12

No flames here, but I'm another that's curious to know why. The only reason cited was "having to go around them". Believe me, stopping in the middle of a stairwell or walkway isn't confined to blues and reds. I've seen plenty of people with higher colors around their necks do the same thing, especially if they bump into someone they know. That bar that's ten feet away isn't nearly as good a place to catch up on old times as that doorway they're blocking ;)

OK, I will share my thoughts a little more. This has nothing to do with Red and Blues wandering around the ship. This is more of a loyalty cruise.

Let me explain; each year one ship is selected for one cruise for only those that are loyal to Carnival. That would be, Diamond, Platinum and Gold (or those that need a few days at sea to obtain Gold Status). This cruise would cost more than a similar cruise at that time; that is, one that is available to anyone regardless of the color of their Sign & Sail card. But the benefits to those on this charter would see benefits unlike anything offered before by Carnival, i.e. Concerts, high profile comedians (George Lopez, etc), reduce drinks or cheers prices, high quality branded merchandise, special dining menus, and list goes on and on. All with no additional costs.

I think this would be a perfect program during the slow cruising season, while at the same time appreciating those cruisers dedicated to Carnival.

Edited by CruiseHealing

No flames here, but I'm another that's curious to know why. The only reason cited was "having to go around them". Believe me, stopping in the middle of a stairwell or walkway isn't confined to blues and reds. I've seen plenty of people with higher colors around their necks do the same thing, especially if they bump into someone they know. That bar that's ten feet away isn't nearly as good a place to catch up on old times as that doorway they're blocking ;)

what gets on my nervous on every single cruise i've been on is the kids who love to run around everywhere and accidentally bumping into people. It will be lovely if one of them said sorry or something like that...