Conquest Anniversary Cruise 4/24 -4/30

Banks822

I'm just getting home and settled from a great cruise celebrating 10 years of marriage. We visited 3 ports: Grand Turk, Amber Cover, and Half Moon Cay. As soon as I get unpacked and all my papers laid out I'll start my review.

If anyone has questions, feel free to ask!

Okay, I can write out a little bit tonight before bed. My name is Nicole and I'm from NC. This cruise was just me and the hubby, Brad. I'm 34 and Brad is 38. We have 4 teenagers 13, 14, 15, and 16. Since we were celebrating our anniversary we didn't bring the kids along this cruise. This was our 5th cruise with Carnival, and we mostly picked this one because we wanted to visit Amber Cove and we'd be in HMC on our actual Anniversary.

We do not drink alcohol, so we may seem boring to some. Lol We don't have a problem with people drinking, but if you have read my Breeze review you'll know my husband has battled alcoholism and has been sober for over 2 years now. It's actually not that bad to cruise without drinking because we save a lot of money and that means more cruises. Lol

So we flew into FLL on Sunday morning, 4/24, and went straight to the port by taxi. We had FTTF so we checked in and then we waited, and we waited some more. Usually with FTTF we're on the boat by 11:30, but that was not the case in FLL. First we were told they were still trying to clear the ship, then we were told there was a Coast Guard drill and boarding would begin by 1:30. I felt bad for people because there was not enough seating and people were standing everywhere. It was really unorganized there. We've never had those issues in Charleston or Miami. But, hey were on vacation so we decided to be patient and not let a little waiting bother us.

1462066486540.jpg.5eb2e0f0a3211328cfb7f81da8ae4096.jpg

We are also back from this same cruise. Saved the Fun Times, and would be happy to fill in with any answers to questions as well (but will not hijack this thread).

Hope you had a great cruise!

Hope you had a great cruise!

Looking forward to your review!

We were on the Conquest last year.. out of FLL. We are Platinum and I found the lounge area to be unorganized, crowded and not enough capacity. Embarkation itself was a mess.

That being said, can't beat the distance from the airport and easy in / easy out!

Looking forward to your review of Amber Cove!

We actually made it onboard before 1:00, so that wasn't so bad after all. We went straight to the Shore Excursion desk to pick our cabana number, sodas, and snorkel gear sizes for HMC. We got Cabana 11, which made me happy! After that we went up to Lido deck to grab lunch. Since we had an early flight we hadn't eaten yet and we were hungry. My hubby went to his usual, Guy's Burgers, and I had my usual, shrimp burrito from BlueIguana Cantina.

Quick lunch then up to check out the room. We stayed on deck 11 room 1106. We loved our room steward, Rudy. He helped make our week great! I do want to let everyone know that our balcony did not have a cover. It wasn't that bad except during sail aways and pulling into ports because people were looking down at us and that was awkward sometimes. Our bags were delivered and we were unpacking at 2:00. Muster Drill started at 4:00. That was interesting! 3 different people got dizzy in our station and needed to be fanned and brought water. 2 of those ladies I felt bad for, but the one behind me smelled like a bottle of wild Irish rose, I'm serious, and her dizziness wasn't coming from the heat. Finally they let us go! Brad and I went back up to the room to call the kids and say our goodbyes for the week. Then we watched sail away from our balcony.

1462067953578.jpg.c403bcb06e2884d294e36bca66090699.jpg

1462067991649.jpg.e54011668b542927bd4da7c7e10d83b6.jpg

1462068016517.jpg.e12279d1b6e97bd7b1b69349d675c09e.jpg

Looking forward to your review!

We were on the Conquest last year.. out of FLL. We are Platinum and I found the lounge area to be unorganized, crowded and not enough capacity. Embarkation itself was a mess.

That being said, can't beat the distance from the airport and easy in / easy out!

Looking forward to your review of Amber Cove!

It was definitely a mess, but we did like the closeness to the airport! Amber Cove was nice, hopefully it won't take me to long to get to that part! :)

After sail away we decided to go to dinner. We did anytime dinning again this cruise, and once again we enjoyed it. The 1st night our wait staff was Francis, Andy, and Soner. We liked them a lot and ended up staying in their section for the rest of the week. The food was good, no complaints there. Brad and I actually like the American Table menu. There are a few things we miss from the old menu, but the good outweighs the bad. One thing that I didn't like is how close the tables are to each other. We had a table for 2 by the window on night 1. Another table was literally inches away from it, like 3 fingers wide. Night 1 wasn't very busy in the dinning room, so it was okay. Well as we were ordering dessert the hostess brought a couple over to seat them beside us and the wife made it clear she didn't want to sit there. She wasn't very nice about it either! They went back up front and had them move them somewhere else, thankfully. After that we didn't ask for a window seat a anymore.

We finished eating around 7:00 and decided to try out the aft hot tub since it's adults only. We changed and headed to the hot tub for about an hour. We actually met a nice couple from Ohio and talked to them for a little while.

After that it was showers and bed. We were tired and needed some sleep, so we were out before 10:00.

1462070015874.jpg.fd51cf56536b192c9fb79d776148aa72.jpg

1462070026707.jpg.2e5f584c85ef829f86f0ac8c4483c468.jpg

Looking forward to reading more of your review! My DH and I are on Conquest for the same itinerary end of May. No kids as well:D. I wonder how often Coast Guard drills happen:eek:?

Thanks for writing the review!

I hope you have a great time!!

Monday, April 25th Sea Day

I woke up at 6:30 to find our bathroom floor flooded. The toilet was empty and the water was actually dripping from the wall. I woke Brad up and he laid some towels down while I called guest services. They said they would send someone right away so we got ready quickly and decided to find us a few chairs for the day and get out of the maintenance guys way. I was really surprised because at 7 am on a sea day there were very few saved chairs. We found 2 we liked on the side of deck 10 and sat for a little while. At 7:30 breakfast was open, so we each got ours and ate at our chairs. By 8 the people were waking up and coming out. 2 sisters from Georgia came and sat near Brad and I for the day and we enjoyed talking to them.

1462102700499.jpg.2787eccf4e50cefcd40118655d029936.jpg

1462102726585.jpg.9dd5f8cb351d2d943077356b85d96ff9.jpg

1462102746078.jpg.f4f20dc5aea6618fca6e2239c446dbce.jpg

Well sometime before lunch a big argument got started between some women over chairs. One woman was holding 5 chairs on our row and I had not seen her the whole morning or any of the other people that she was holding chairs for. A group of ladies came up and got chairs at the end. They needed 2 more chairs and asked the sisters from Georgia and the people behind us if anyone was using those chairs. Once they all said nobody at been in the chairs all morning, they moved the towels over and took 2 chairs for themselves. Of course those chairs had been empty for 2 hours, but as soon as someone sat in one here comes a lady yelling for them to get out of her chairs. Then they were all yelling at each other and one woman got security. It was to much drama for me, seriously it's chairs. After that incident the deck crew started putting stickers out on chairs and I watched them remove several people's things on sea days. We decided we had seen enough action for 1 day and gave up our chairs around 11. I went to the room and got cleaned up for Sea Day Brunch. Don't miss this! I can't believe this is the 1st cruise I've actually gone to brunch. Brad ordered salad with jerk bacon, steak and eggs, cheddar grits, and caramel cheesecake. I wanted to try the funny french toast, and it was okay. Then I got macaroni with fried chicken and banana cream pie. It was so so good!

1462103646336.jpg.36f8cdee8e98b5f6752acb132c6a8fe0.jpg

1462103666313.jpg.c025b662fcacb1feae13cca32fc37be5.jpg

1462103687886.jpg.c50316c9d085f88089d2cd4dcdf6df5a.jpg

1462103708877.jpg.5c13e757c1c8f3e66b147c198d8ab44a.jpg

1462103727812.jpg.b11de8b8000937a74fb7dc920e780fbc.jpg

1462103744822.jpg.2b71c380c15a57e9c7e2421183c1b3ad.jpg

Around 2 we took a nap then got up and took our time getting ready for dinner. This was the 1st formal night. We went down at 5:45 and once again there was fussing. Some people just don't know how to relax and be on vacation. Lol

A group of people were mad because they weren't allowed in the dinning room wearing shorts and flip flops. They started yelling that people in line better go change because if your not in a suit and tie they wouldn't let you eat. That was not true. There were people dressed up really nice and fancy and there were people in sun dresses, jeans and a polo shirt. But, rules are rules. No shorts or flip flops on formal night. I personally like that rule.

The menu was good and Brad got his favorite dessert, creme brule.

After dinner Brad changed and we went to meet the captain on deck 5 before the comedy show. We went to the 8:30 show, Mark Sweeney. He was pretty funny, but the other guy was better. At 10 we went to the Epic Rock show, though I've seen it so many times, but I sing and love music so I like to hear the singers on each ship. I'll be glad when they start doing some new shows. At 11 we grabbed some pizza and ice cream and watched the end of Pitch Perfect 2 on the Lido deck. Then off to bed. Grand Turk tomorrow....

1462105118556.jpg.615cf230759d82ba5ea94b6d7c3c9fa7.jpg

1462105142900.jpg.7c8c864adaca57feb9da5e7d80a7c09a.jpg

1462105185757.jpg.cff3f360d8cb9238510321f84967ccd8.jpg

Love your review! Can't wait to read more. I'll be on the Conquest in a couple months. Also going to HMC and Grand Turk.

And I definitely don't think you guys are boring because you don't drink. My husband and I don't drink either. We don't need alcohol to have fun. [emoji4]

But yikes, 4 teenagers at age 34?! [emoji15] I'll bet you really needed this vacation, lol! I also had my son young (at 20), so I am now 39 with a 19-year-old. I get a lot of awkward "You're his mom?" comments. I'll bet you get the same. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Enjoying your review, and subscribing to the rest. We will be on the Conquest in July, and again for a B2B in October.

Thank you! Maybe after all the teens leave home we'll get to try out a B2B cruise.