Noisy on Balcony!

Trumpster

We just finished a fantastic family cruise on Magic. Only two events were issues, one was the last night when a pair of 20 something's couples decide the thalassotherapy pool was a hot tube. Even had glass glasses and colorful tropical drinks in the pool. I can imagine if they had broken one in the pool. We ratted them out. ;) as we left.

But the real issues was our noisy balcony neighbors.

4 women on a girls cruise, mom and daughters, all middle age and up (hey I'm trying to make this as non offensive as possible) all from Canada (again no offense- but since I was part of their conversations I know more than I want to about them.) who always made noise.

They never just talked, they all seemed to yell from the start and then had to yell louder to be heard. Cackling laughter - loud cackling, always slamming the door(s) - they had their balcony divider opened. Moving chairs.

It was literally like listening to a Canadian version of The View tv show.

One was planning to shave her legs on the balcony...great but I don't need to know what pattern you have somewhere else. :eek:

I finally confronted them when one whipped out a ukulele (she clearly as taking lessons) and they decided to harmonize hippie songs like they were some of Charles Manson's lost girls. Ugh!

I simply said you guy's are loud and I can hear you in my cabin, they apologized but they were still noisy the rest of the trip.

The next time the ukulele came out I propped open my balcony door and turned up the kids movie on the TV full blast.

Didn't enjoy our balcony as much as we did the last cruise.

At least smokers don't puff away all the time like the noise pollution i had to listen to.

Still a great cruise and fortunately they were not early rises. Which allowed me to both enjoy my balcony for sun rises and to bang their walls as we left. ;)

Sorry to hear that you couldn't enjoy your balcony as much as you should have been able to because of some Crazy Canucks :p I can say that as I'm originally from Montreal! That's always my biggest worry, that I will have loud neighbors. It's too bad they couldn't make those doors quieter when they shut. The ukulele was definitely Way over the top, what were they thinking!?! Glad the rest of your cruise was good.

Why didn't you complain to guest services and kept complaining if the noise didn't stop? Request that the balcony dividers be closed . If nothing else, the ukulele is definitely against Carnival's rules and needed to be reported if it was disturbing other passengers.

What we thoroughly disliked about the Dream (same category) was how our

7th floor BALCONY was horrible compared to other ships.

Looking out to view the sticking out DECK with never-ending walking and running traffic flow..... vs. simply the open ocean and sky. Yuck.

Added to that, also on that "stuck out deck", raised Jacuzzis full of heavy drinking clowns wooping it up until after 10:30 each night.

As balcony lovers, will never do that group of ships again !

What we thoroughly disliked about the Dream (same category) was how our

7th floor BALCONY was horrible compared to other ships.

Looking out to view the sticking out DECK with never-ending walking and running traffic flow..... vs. simply the open ocean and sky. Yuck.

Added to that, also on that "stuck out deck", raised Jacuzzis full of heavy drinking clowns wooping it up until after 10:30 each night.

As balcony lovers, will never do that group of ships again !

If you can get a balcony that is on one of the higher decks and forward on the Dream Class ships or grab a cove bacony you won't have that issue.

We learned that the hard way also!!

I'll take someone smoking on the balcony any day over loud people late at night.

The worst we've ever had was not noise but light. Two people next to us decided to turn their balcony into a light show. They strung up strobing lights all around the balcony and left them on all night. The next day I asked them to turn the lights off before bed. They were so bright they flashed through the drapes in our cabin.

Alas, they did not turn off the lights the next night and I called guest services and about twenty minutes later I heard the knock at their door and soon after the lights coming down. I also heard the words a** and hole being said loudly. However, they never made eye contact with me after that and we had a nice cruise.

Take care

Mike

Why mention the nationality of the noisy group. Thoughtlessness crosses all cultural and ethnic divisions.

For that matter why mention their gender or age their relationship to each other. So sensitive.

Why mention the nationality of the noisy group. Thoughtlessness crosses all cultural and ethnic divisions.

Because they mentioned it, and mentioned it, and mentioned it, and mentioned it again.

That's why. :cool:

Also I could have mentioned looks and weight but did not.

Canadian is the nicest thing I could say...so ;)

Specifically Ontario.

For that matter why mention their gender or age their relationship to each other. So sensitive.

Again, because they mentioned it again and again. Speaking of female issues, lack of eligible men where they live, best way to shave designs.

Trust me a bunch of guy talk would have bern equally annoying.

Sorry about your neighbors, but blasting the tv would be just as disturbing to 'other' neighbors. You then become 'that' neighbor.

True. But it was the last sea day around 3 pm.

And I know my other neighbor was gone.

Again, because they mentioned it again and again. Speaking of female issues, lack of eligible men where they live, best way to shave designs.

Trust me a bunch of guy talk would have bern equally annoying.

I guess the sarcasm didn't come through correctly. I was actually defending your right to tell your story how you see fit.

Yep, there is no consideration. Last cruise the folks next door in and out, slamming the door every 10 to 15 min the whole cruise, even at night. Talked loud enough folks 4 cabins down could hear them. Rude, just rude. I would much rather have a smoking quiet neighbor any day than a loud one.

Yep, there is no consideration. Last cruise the folks next door in and out, slamming the door every 10 to 15 min the whole cruise, even at night. Talked loud enough folks 4 cabins down could hear them. Rude, just rude. I would much rather have a smoking quiet neighbor any day than a loud one.

Lack of consideration seems to be more common then ever these days. We've had groups that did not have adjoining balconies so they would have shouted conversations with their friends, back and forth multiple cabins apart and even decks apart.

Not to mention those that can't hold the door and let it slam or can't pick up the chairs to move them and just drag them around. :rolleyes::mad:

Thankfully, all are not like that.:)

OP, sorry your neighbors were noisy! My DH, who is very quiet and reserved, absolutely despises cackling, screeching women. It is like fingernails on a blackboard for him. We have actually moved lounges at the pool or on the Beach or seating in a restaurant to avoid loud groups of women.

I am sorry...that is the rotten part about these little balconies...I think the lower coves may be my first,,,if I splurge...I want one where I have the chance of peaceful enjoyment..it is even "louder" to a solo because your noise is less...and I know initially you were not calling any group out to hit on them..just who these folks were. Any family or group has theirs.

Edited by sjn911

Because they mentioned it, and mentioned it, and mentioned it, and mentioned it again.

That's why. :cool:

Also I could have mentioned looks and weight but did not.

Canadian is the nicest thing I could say...so ;)

Specifically Ontario.

We are from Ontario and had noisy balcony neighbours in the form of a family of 4 from Ohio, who kept mentioning they were from Ohio and kept slamming the door and screaming at each other.

Noisy neighbours know no geo-political boundaries!

We are from Ontario and had noisy balcony neighbours in the form of a family of 4 from Ohio, who kept mentioning they were from Ohio and kept slamming the door and screaming at each other.

Noisy neighbours know no geo-political boundaries!

Agreed. Many noisy people from Ohio!

Not to mention those that can't hold the door and let it slam or can't pick up the chairs to move them and just drag them around. :rolleyes::mad:

Thankfully, all are not like that.:)

Talking loudly is one thing. Those doors are heavy. Sprained my wrist one time trying to get it to close quietly. It's that final wuush that's loud.

Trouble these days is seems like most live in houses with no neighbors and hollow-core doors. Need to live in a multi family building with fire doors. That's noise not slamming.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Trouble these days is seems like most live in houses with no neighbors and hollow-core doors. Need to live in a multi family building with fire doors. That's noise not slamming.

Have lived in a multi-family building. Yup, it can get noisy but repeated slamming of the balcony door is unnecessary, inconsiderate and noisy. And It is the slam caused by not holding the door, not the whoosh.

Loud people i can handle. And people who break rules that done effect me i can ignore. The worst for me are people who try to police the ship, and feel superior to others.

Lets all be honest, loud neighbors suck... but not if you start joining the conversations, they either start including you, or get the point and stop.

When someone starts being an entitled you know what, i just move on, no need to be an entitled you know what if theyre really a problem, say something to them, be an adult.

Not sure about the OP, not being there it may have been an out of control group, or the OP may be sensative, either way, do what makes you happy, and if you cant handle the way people act in public, stay out of public

Not sure about the OP, not being there it may have been an out of control group, or the OP may be sensative, either way, do what makes you happy, and if you cant handle the way people act in public, stay out of public

Yeah, unless being happy involves you being able to enjoy your PRIVATE balcony due to noisy neighbors.... then you're just being overly sensitive....:rolleyes: