Splendor- need your opinins about her

ljinnc

Thinking of booking on Splendor in October for the Caribbean and I see that it does not have the newest stuff such as Guys Burgers. What is your opinion of this ship? Will we enjoy it? We've cruised on Glory and Breeze in the past. Thanks

I had not been on Carnival for awhile - Wow! What a nice surprise - She was here in NY sad to see her go - I was on before the make over - I didn't want anything to be changed - but who am I - I would have like to see what they did -

Food and shows great - cabin the clearest ever - staff/ crew amazing - went to the movies had fresh pop corn - pizza the way you want it - pastrami sandwich - late night buffet - a nice surprise as well - must be the only cruise line left that has them - and -- FUN FUN FUN !

Thinking of booking on Splendor in October for the Caribbean and I see that it does not have the newest stuff such as Guys Burgers. What is your opinion of this ship? Will we enjoy it? We've cruised on Glory and Breeze in the past. Thanks

We're booked on her on May 15th. The ONLY things that have been changed are the addition of new grand ocean view rooms and captain's suites above the bridge and the shows. Everything else is still the same... no 2.0 upgrades and no American Table...she still has the old menu!!! :)

If that changes by our sailing, I'll let you know...

I thoroughly loved the Splendor. She was my 2nd favorite ship, right behind the Dream, and neither of those have those latest eating spots. Not having those latest eating spots actually allows the ship to have options that aren't available on the ships that do have those spots. They may not have a brand name to them, but they're still good, plus there are more options.

One of the things I really loved about the Splendor was the quality & quantity of entertainment. Great nightlife on the ship. However, I heard that they recently changed over to the Playlist Productions shows, which I don't care for. That might be a sign of other downgrades to the nightlife, in addition to the stage shows downgrade. So my experience in that department may no longer be the case for the ship.