Arrival Appointment

I completed my online check in for our Anthem cruise on Nov 10.

It forced me to choose an arrival time.

We normally arrive by 11:00 AM, but the earliest "appointment" available for arrival was 12:30-1:00.

We still plan on arriving by 11:00. Has anyone had any issues with arriving before their appointed time?

---------------------

I completed my online check in for our Anthem cruise on Nov 10.

It forced me to choose an arrival time.

We normally arrive by 11:00 AM, but the earliest "appointment" available for arrival was 12:30-1:00.

We still plan on arriving by 11:00. Has anyone had any issues with arriving before their appointed time?

---------------------

Same cruise, same problem, same question.

Simple Answer:

You will be fine, but might have to wait in a waiting room until the ship is ready and everyone getting off has left the ship.

Long Answer:

The time slots are giving to stop everyone turning up at the same time, and you also don't want to arrive when a plane full of passengers arrive by coaches and you are put in with them. Most times if you are within 30 mins of your arrival time and are not a large group, you will not experience any issues. If you arrive really early, or are a large group (8 or more) you will experience the above mention waiting room. (In the waiting room is seating, toilets and free drinks, sometimes cookies/cake or snacks.) Either choice is not a biggy, as long as you have arrived before the ship sails and are ready to board with all paperwork and passports ready.

Of course you might not get any issues and go straight onboard. It is taking on average 15mins from arrival to getting to your cabin, including checking in and security. This is fast and easy, so don't panic, turn up and enjoy.

Does anyone know how the boarding times have been altered for the Nov. 30 cruise for Anthem? Our departure time has been altered to 3:00 and that means that we all have to be on-board by 1:30. I know that the ship also arrives one hour earlier so I am hoping that the boarding times have also been adjusted back that one hour. If not, that is going to make for a very tight schedule for getting everyone on the ship in time.

I am hoping to have my registration done this weekend so I may be able to answer my own question, but just wondering if anyone know this now.

Edited by hac82

Does anyone know how the boarding times have been altered for the Nov. 30 cruise for Anthem? Our departure time has been altered to 3:00 and that means that we all have to be on-board by 1:30. I know that the ship also arrives one hour earlier so I am hoping that the boarding times have also been adjusted back that one hour. If not, that is going to make for a very tight schedule for getting everyone on the ship in time.

I am hoping to have my registration done this weekend so I may be able to answer my own question, but just wondering if anyone know this now.

We're also leaving at 3 for the November 10 sailing and I don't believe the times have been altered. C&A told me boarding starts at 9:30 for the Nov. 10 sailing, but the earliest boarding time I've heard of anyone getting is 10:30.

9:30 is awfully early but it's only preview cruises before us, so perhaps that's why.

Thank you for that info. We will try to register tonight. We might get priority times as Diamond but our friends are 1st timers and may not get a good time. Seems that we may need to use C & A to help adjust times if possible.

Thank you for that info. We will try to register tonight. We might get priority times as Diamond but our friends are 1st timers and may not get a good time. Seems that we may need to use C & A to help adjust times if possible.

No problem. Just to relay my experience: I'm Diamond and still wasn't able to get an early time (stuck with 12:30-1) despite registering almost 70 days out. Called C&A and they weren't able to change the time, but basically said they're suggested times to avoid congestion and still arrive when we want. Hope you have better luck!

Edited by Dave85

Simple Answer:

You will be fine, but might have to wait in a waiting room until the ship is ready and everyone getting off has left the ship.

Long Answer:

The time slots are giving to stop everyone turning up at the same time, and you also don't want to arrive when a plane full of passengers arrive by coaches and you are put in with them. Most times if you are within 30 mins of your arrival time and are not a large group, you will not experience any issues. If you arrive really early, or are a large group (8 or more) you will experience the above mention waiting room. (In the waiting room is seating, toilets and free drinks, sometimes cookies/cake or snacks.) Either choice is not a biggy, as long as you have arrived before the ship sails and are ready to board with all paperwork and passports ready.

Of course you might not get any issues and go straight onboard. It is taking on average 15mins from arrival to getting to your cabin, including checking in and security. This is fast and easy, so don't panic, turn up and enjoy.

Thanks for the info! We are going to arrive at our usual time and hope for the best. We've ignored RCI's suggested times for years and never had any issues.

Simple Answer:

Long Answer:

As you can see, I've been on plenty of cruises, so I understand the basics that you described.

But since they have a new system in place for the Quantum class ships, I was hoping someone who has been on one knew if there are any special rules for these ships.

-----------------------

Simple Answer:

Long Answer:

Really? You got all of that from your singular Anthem cruise?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's made me 😀

I'll be looking out for you next month on anthem.. hawaiin shirt?

I will be there with my Hawaiian shirt on. It's bright orange, so even easier to spot. DO come and say "Hellooo" if you find me.

I would love to say where I would be most days but as it's such a short second cruise on Anthem (Some people making comments about information and haven't even sailed on an Anthem or Quantum cruise yet, the cheek!) and we are taking friends with us, the choice of venue to visit is up to them.

But probably late evening (9pm till 11pm) I will be somewhere like 'Le Patisserie'. If not there, then somewhere else ;)

Simple Answer:

Long Answer:

All of this might be true for Southampton but things could be quite different in Bayonne, especially on the first few sailings.

All of this might be true for Southampton but things could be quite different in Bayonne, especially on the first few sailings.

I can only comment on how it's currently being run in Southampton as that is where Anthem is based until November. After the USA gets her, everything could change.

Fortunately though, Quantum spent a full season in Bayonne using the exact same system, so between info from former Q cruisers and info from recent A cruisers I think we can piece together a good idea of what to expect in Bayonne.

I will be there with my Hawaiian shirt on. It's bright orange, so even easier to spot. DO come and say "Hellooo" if you find me.

I would love to say where I would be most days but as it's such a short second cruise on Anthem (Some people making comments about information and haven't even sailed on an Anthem or Quantum cruise yet, the cheek!) and we are taking friends with us, the choice of venue to visit is up to them.

But probably late evening (9pm till 11pm) I will be somewhere like 'Le Patisserie'. If not there, then somewhere else ;)

I will look out for you in your shirt of orange 😉

I may be in the bionic bar,on a bumper car,skating,in the north star, rock-climbing or even sky diving! Who knows 😆

On 1 of our 3 sailings on Quantum, agents at the terminal did adhere guests to the arrival times indicated on their Set Sail Pass, on the 1/23/15 sailing. Guests who arrived earlier than their arrival time were told to have a seat until their time was called. The ship was new, guests wanted to board early and it just may have been that everyone arrived at the same time to board.