Swedish Dala Horses

My DW likes Dala Horses.

Do any of you know a good place in Stockholm to get Dala Horses?

Are they widely available at stores in Stockholm?

No I don't think so. I am not sure but the tourist/souvenir stores along Västralånggatan in the Old Town would be the best bet.

Edited by Desdichado62

I don't know if any of the tourist shops along Västerlånggatan would have Dala Horses, but a lot of the things they have are low quality.

If you are looking for good quality souvenirs (even Dala Horses can be different) there are two places I would recommend.

NK Department Store in Hamngatan.

They have had a souvenir shop at the bottom level with very good quality. If they will have it next summer I don't know but it could be worth looking.

Svensk Hemslöjd in Norrlandsgatan

This shop is owned by the Association of Swedish Handicraft and they sell handicraft items from all parts of Sweden.

I can not say for sure if they will have Dala Horses. The two shops are located not far from each other, in the area just north of Gamla Stan.

If you take a virtual tour with google street view you can see that several souvenir shops in Västerlånggatan in Gamla Stan have Dala horses in their windows. For example in the block north of Storkyrkbrinken you can see them in the windows on both side of the street (Little Sweden & Old Town Souvenir Shop). I know the google street view pictures might be a few years old but still, I don't think there should be any problem finding them in some of the shops.

Edited by Ultima Thule