Cabin noise anthem

Just off the Anthem, we were in a cabin located above the bionic bar....did it turn out to be noisy or what....complained every night for 4 nights until they moved us, they did offer us another cabin on 2nd night on deck 6 but was above smoking area, declined, then they moved us.

We are on board just now,in cabin 6596 ,we have been woke up the last 4 nights with noise underneath our cabin,absolute disgrace,complained,they sent up security he stood for 1 minute he heard a slight noise,he turned walked away and said I'll inform guest services.

We were in 6660, terrible constant noise. Sounded like something flapping inside the wall, but next door did not hear it.

Asked to be moved, they suggestec earplugs, but held our ground and they moved us.

My brother in 6690 were above smokers and very noisy, late night, early morning...all day...coughing and talking as well as the smoke.

We were in 6660, terrible constant noise. Sounded like something flapping inside the wall, but next door did not hear it.

Asked to be moved, they suggestec earplugs, but held our ground and they moved us.

My brother in 6690 were above smokers and very noisy, late night, early morning...all day...coughing and talking as well as the smoke.

So the cabins are not well insulated.

Just off the Anthem, we were in a cabin located above the bionic bar....did it turn out to be noisy or what....complained every night for 4 nights until they moved us, they did offer us another cabin on 2nd night on deck 6 but was above smoking area, declined, then they moved us.

That's why you book a room with rooms over and beneath you.

• 2 weeks later...

Might you be so kind as to describe the obstruction on the balcony. Was there a large lifeboat? Was it a decent view.

Sorry about that rattling noise, I experienced it on the Celebrity Reflection. Just awful. Many thanks.

Edited by nannyny

Sounds like deck 6 is the main culprit. We're booked on deck 13 next year. Crossing fingers.

Hopefully you will be ok but just read an Anthem Member Review from someone on deck 13 under the indoor pool area who was woken every morning at 5am by deckchairs being set up

I am onboard now and can say our cabin is really quiet.we have 6188 and 6202

I think the few down our bit are quiet and below looking out there's never anyone underneath walking about.we don't mind the obstructured view it's only a problem on sail aways for taking pics.we are in in front of the metal structured in both our rooms but hasn't bothered us I haven't sat out all holiday.will try and answer more when I get back Saturday just grabbing wifi when I can

Edited by Princess007
Spelling

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to jump in with a couple of questions. We are on the 24 Oct. Anthem T/A. We have heard that some cabins can be very noisy. We have booked 13300 which I fear is a bit close to Windjamme. Does anyone know whether good or bad? Also, pushing our luck, does anyone have any idea about an economic transferr service from pier in NJ to Manhattan (Lower Eastside)

Thanks in advance.

Brian and Joan

Sorry to jump in with a couple of questions. We are on the 24 Oct. Anthem T/A. We have heard that some cabins can be very noisy. We have booked 13300 which I fear is a bit close to Windjamme. Does anyone know whether good or bad? Also, pushing our luck, does anyone have any idea about an economic transferr service from pier in NJ to Manhattan (Lower Eastside)

Thanks in advance.

Brian and Joan

Cabin will be fine from noise. But the T/A isn't sailing until the 27th October.

We were in balcony cabin 10650 on the Feb. 2nd '16 Quantum cruise and the only noise was the creaking in our cabin, hallway and area by the elevators. Captain said that it's expected in new ships--like settling in a new house. Go figure.

Thanks in advance.

Brian and Joan

I'm on the TA also; as SausPud says, it leaves on Oct. 27. So if you are on the TA, please come over and join our Roll Call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2105214

There are many others going from the ship into Manhattan, and you may be able to arrange a small group to share private transportation. You might also want to look at the Ports of Call/East Coast Departures board, where there is a good deal of info on getting into Manhattan from Cape Liberty.

Hi there, thanks for your speedy reply. Oh yes, 27 October?? Seems like we will be at the pier in good time for sailing:-) I put my trust in you as regards stateroom noise element.

Many thanks again.

Brian and Joan