scandinavia in april?

We've never been to Scandinavia and are considering a cruise starting in late April. Would the weather be decent enough for taking excursions etc.

Have the "occasional late winter storms in coastal areas" (per internet) caused people problems?

thanks in advance!

Sherry

Scandinavia's a big place. North Atlantic or Baltic? The North Atlantic is warmer in winter, because of the Gulf Stream. Not sure how long that effect lasts, but I should think it would last into April. I've been twice in February, and the temperatures into the Arctic Circle were still above freezing daytime. Excursions will run, no problem, on the Norwegian west coast. Weather, as ever, will be variable.

Edited by dsrdsrdsr

We are doing a cruise of Northern Europe which departs late April. For us the weather is not as high a priority as the itinerary available and the fact that everything will be less crowded. So we will deal with the weather. I can think of worse places to be than on a beautiful ship with exquisite food and service at the end of a rainy port day. I can live with that.

Did the Scandinavian cruise in May of this year and wished we did it in April.Why?,because we missed the tulips!!!!!

Hey Diesel, I think you mean the Netherlands and not Scandinavia. ;)

In most part of the Scandinavia there will be very little wild growth in April, mostly some smaller spring flowers like snowdrops, tussilagos, Gullvivors and similar smaller flowers.

There will also hardly be ant leaves on the trees and etc in April.

I was in Oslo in mid-May and there were tons of tulips there. We also saw many tulips in the lower half of our Norwegian Coastal trip on Hurtigruten (below the Artic Circle). Once we got above the Arctic Circle, there were very few flowers blooming yet; in fact even the grass and shrubs were just starting to green-up toward the end of May.