Carnival Dream water slide height restrictions

krissim9

How strict are they on the 42 inch and 48 inch water slide restrictions? I am cruising with my 3-year-old twins who are better swimmers then most 8 year olds. How strict are they on the height requirement? My kids are going to be totally bored with just the other water features on the Dream. And having those slides right there and not being able to ride will be absolute torture for them.

There may not always be someone there to restrict you from using it but restrictions are there for a reason and it is for safety reasons and protection people from themselves and Carnival from law suits. I would personally say to follow the guidelines set out. I have seen the attendant turn kids away so I do know that it is enforced. You will have people say they got away with it and kids were fine but I cringe to know what would happen if that child got hurt or hurt someone else.

How strict are they on the 42 inch and 48 inch water slide restrictions? I am cruising with my 3-year-old twins who are better swimmers then most 8 year olds. How strict are they on the height requirement? My kids are going to be totally bored with just the other water features on the Dream. And having those slides right there and not being able to ride will be absolute torture for them.

I meant to ask in my first post where they were allowed to use a slide in the past with height restrictions or weren't there any or was it not monitored. Other than at a private pool (home pool) I can't see it not being monitored due to insurance liabilities.

Yes, I was asking because just this past weekend we stayed at an upscale resort and they spent 4 days going down the monitored water slide with posted height restrictions of 48 inches. Honestly, I watched more 4, 5, 6, and even 8 and 10 year olds who were much weaker swimmers then my kiddos. My kids have been swimming independently since before they turned two. They are able to dive to the bottom of my 6 foot pool and retrieve dive rings.

I understand about safety, but I was just checking. Some of the slides on the cruise are very similar to slides at water parks here in Orlando that have no (or lower) height restrictions which my kids ride on weekly. I didn't think about the height requirements when I booked the cruise, now I am worried because for them to see a water slide and not be able to ride it will be torture.

Do you have to be a swimmer in order to go down the slide? Guess what I'm really asking is how deep is the pool of water you slide into?

No, you don't have to be a swimmer.

The slide does not empty into a pool but a kind of trough:

Dream361.jpg

:)

They are monitored at every slide that is open(except for the little one)...they do enforce the height restrictions and I watched them turn away a lot of kids for being too small...

I think the insurance has something to do with the restrictions that were placed on it...

OK, so there is at least the one little slide that they can go on with no height restrictions? What about those slightly bigger side by side slides. Are there heigh restrictions on those? Thanks!

OK, so there is at least the one little slide that they can go on with no height restrictions? What about those slightly bigger side by side slides. Are there heigh restrictions on those? Thanks!

Unfortunately as far as I know they have restrictions, if you are referring to the ones in the pictures Mach posted.

Archived